Halliday

MrMckee

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He is good enough to be the 3rd fucking choice left back or an emergency stopgap in midfield.

You need to wake up a bit.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the team and I'd rather we had a leftback as a third choice left back. Sounds like you need to wake up.

He was our weak link and Maribor knew it. Had a torrid time tonight but handled it very well. A few poor decisions but nothing major. Boy can hold his head high. He might be nowhere near good enough but I'm proud of the big staunch bastard for his performance tonight. No surrender Andy. ???

He isn’t good enough for a regular start but certainly worthy of a squad position if he comes in and does the job asked of him. After all isn’t that why teams have a squad in the first place? With all the games we are going to play over the coming weeks and months the more depth to our squad the better. SG gave him a clean slate and so far he has done nothing to mess it up. Well done for tonight.All the team did us proud.

2 minutes ago, TheQueensEleven said:

I'm smiling, just not pretending a player everyone was slating on here for the last season is now somehow miraculously good enough. 

Think your just trying to pick on something and anything mate. We never played as a team last season and was no structure to the way we played. I'm sure SG is aware of everyone's abilities. No need to talk a player down, who hasn't done much wrong tonight & since new management has come into place. Look at how bad Tav was last year but now with the way we play he actually looks like a very decent player so far.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Gave his all, but he just isn’t good enough. 

Was good enough tonight against a team ranked higher than Inter, Feynoord and AEK. Not saying he’s a starter but as a utility player until our next window he’s solid enough. 

Just now, BillyG93 said:

Think your just trying to pick on something and anything mate. We never played as a team last season and was no structure to the way we played. I'm sure SG is aware of everyone's abilities. No need to talk a player down, who hasn't done much wrong tonight & since new management has come into place. Look at how bad Tav was last year but now with the way we play he actually looks like a very decent player so far.

I'm not. You started a thread about a player who I feel should be nowhere near the squad. He played for Gabala last season and was hopeless there as well. Tav last year was nowhere near as bad as Halliday ?. I'm not going to pretend he's good enough out of sympathy.

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

Was good enough tonight against a team ranked higher than Inter, Feynoord and AEK. Not saying he’s a starter but as a utility player until our next window he’s solid enough. 

Mate we would love him to be good enough he’s one of us. 

But he just isnt

Just now, Vanoli said:

Did fine. Really happy for him. Didn't deserve to have his Rangers career end being sarcastically applauded by they rancid bastards. 

Very true. Hopefully tonight makes up for that happening. 

We could do a lot worse than having a utility man like that in the squad who's desperate to get a game at any opportunity.