Halliday

MrMckee

Just now, TheQueensEleven said:

I'm not. You started a thread about a player who I feel should be nowhere near the squad. He played for Gabala last season and was hopeless there as well. Tav last year was nowhere near as bad as Halliday ?. I'm not going to pretend he's good enough out of sympathy.

I never started this thread haha! Tav last year was horrible defensively but this year looks very good, because he is given a chance and plays under good structure of proper footballing tactics. Its not out of sympathy, its looking at the game tonight and congratulating the team without negative shite. We have two other LBs and halliday played well tonight - the team done what was obviously planned pre match.

He is always going to be the whipping boy of our team, no matter how well he done. I thought he produced a very decent performance on a great night for the whole team. What ever you think of him he seems to be a managers choice kind of player as the only one who's not given him game time was Pedro. Think on this occasion we could give him a break 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Mate we would love him to be good enough he’s one of us. 

But he just isnt

He’s good enough for the role he plays. Utlitly squad player.

Let’s look at what he did right vs. What he did wrong tonight. We didn’t concede and I’m not sure he made a mistake? Put in important tackles, read play well and slowed game down when allowing the ball to go out. Was up to speed with play enough to avoid a booking unlike a lot of other players. Honestly, maybe a couple of misplaced balls but that’s it. 

Mature performance. 

I’m not sat here saying he should start every week, I just hate the ridiculous comments on here some times.

He played like Andy Halliday does. One instance in the 1st half he did the old 'I've been shot' routine and fell to the deck but it seemed like he was told to get up and he did so right away. He doesn't read the play as fast as the other guys, doesn't watch the ball a lot of the time, leaves it to other players to deal with etc. But Andy is Andy. We know what he gives. Will probably be our utility man and I hope he does well, but I just hope he doesn't need to play in defence any more.

Wish his 'goal' had stood though. 

Just now, BillyG93 said:

I never started this thread haha! Tav last year was horrible defensively but this year looks very good, because he is given a chance and plays under good structure of proper footballing tactics. Its not out of sympathy, its looking at the game tonight and congratulating the team without negative shite. We have two other LBs and halliday played well tonight - the team done what was obviously planned pre match.

? He's pish. The result and team effort was good. You're not going to convince me to change my mind. Just calm yourself. 

2 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

So let’s get this straight Murphy was pure shite tonight, Windass and Foderingham were donkeys, Morelos was utter pish a few weeks ago, Tav was diabolical only a few months ago according to punters on here yet anyone dares to criticise Halliday and it’s out of order because he’s a good bear and is ‘a fine squad player’.

This forum is bipolar as fuck can’t anyone have an objective opinion and have a balanced opinion of our players? people suggest Halliday gets a hard time because he’s a Bear that is shite the ONLY reason he isn’t being slaughtered by everyone on this thread is because he is a bear, if Flanagan or Tav had put in the performance he did tonight then they would have been slaughtered.

Because we expect more from them. No one is suggesting halliday was the best player on the pitch, in fact I agree he was probably the worst, but almost everyone expected some kind of major fuck up from him and it didn't happen. Boy deserves praise tonight.

He put in a shift but lacks the quality and concentration we need if we are to get better. Was caught out of position consistently towards the end but that may have been down to match fitness. If we want to continue to get better I do feel even our squad players need to be a level above Halliday. Can’t question his effort or commitment though.

Gave 100% and you can't ask for any more. He might be needed occasionally during the course of the season but won't be a regular. We are improving the team but you can't expect us to change the full squad in one season. Let's just support the team whoever has a blue jersey on 

22 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Good to see even after a solid performance people on here still feel the need to stick the boot in, and on one of our own. Not even constructive comments just petulant pish.

Thought he played well tonight, they clearly targeted the left but he stood his ground well and battled for every ball. Obviously not our first choice left back but someone who will come in and give 100% when asked. 

It's fucking pathetic, isn't it?

A thread about how a lad performs well in this game and people are sticking the boot in about performances in other games. Fucking wall-to-wall noddies in here at times.

2 minutes ago, TheQueensEleven said:

What's your point? Are you Andy Halliday? I don't hate the guy, can just see he's a shite footballer.

16 minutes ago, TheQueensEleven said:

? He's pish. The result and team effort was good. You're not going to convince me to change my mind. Just calm yourself. 

Just you calm down

He made a couple of small mistakes today and seemed to leave things to others to clear but by his standards he actually had a decent game.  He's clearly not a left back as he's never in the right position but he made a couple of decent passes forward and won a couple of tackles, which is better than I expected from him.