Our Shooting

tannerall

Just one wee criticism of our otherwise highly professional performance tonight. 

Murphy,Morelos, Arfield, no-one seemed able to hit the target.

Maybe they should be made to watch this a few times..........................

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Murphys shot when he was clean through was pathetic. Guy has banana feet

He's really disappointed me this season. I thought he showed moments of real quality at times last season but this season he's been really poor. He's lost pace as well it seems. H works hard defensively (for an attacking player) which is a plus. 

I'm not sure if it was under instruction or not but tonight Halliday seemed to have nobody directly in front of him as Murphy was constantly inside. Candeias on the other side sometimes did the same thing so not sure.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

He's really disappointed me this season. I thought he showed moments of real quality at times last season but this season he's been really poor. He's lost pace as well it seems. H works hard defensively (for an attacking player) which is a plus. 

I'm not sure if it was under instruction or not but tonight Halliday seemed to have nobody directly in front of him as Murphy was constantly inside. Candeias on the other side sometimes did the same thing so not sure.

I was gobsmacked we signed him permanently he didn't do enough to show he was anywhere near good enough to deserve a contract with us. Sure we paid a million for him too.... Robbed I tell ya. 

Remember Tav scoring a long ranger away to Partick I think. Also Candeias away at Ross County although that was more of a keeper error. Windass had 1 similar against Hamilton I think. Dorrans aswell had a good 1 but can't remember if it was the start or the end of the season. 

We certainly lack someone who can do it on a regular basis and it's definitely something lacking from the team right now. 

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Not sure, when I think back I keep coming up with this one for some reason......

Think that's my favourite goal ever.

Still got the marks on leg from celebrating it and ending up rows further down than where I started. 

22 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Just one wee criticism of our otherwise highly professional performance tonight. 

Keeper was pish

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Halliday had Arfield in front of him to give him some cover. Tonight wasn't about attacking but controlling the game. 

3 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

Halliday had Arfield in front of him to give him some cover. Tonight wasn't about attacking but controlling the game. 

Who mentioned attacking? We got our tactics spot on tonight and executed them to perfection.

Arfield was part of a midfield three, not left-mid. There were multiple times tonight when Halliday had the ball that nobody was directly in front of him to receive a pass. Like I said I'm not sure if this was tactical or not. People talking about formations in football are utterly obsessed with symmetry and they don't realise it. Sometimes a team is more effective lop-sided. The boys done well.

On 16/08/2018 at 22:14, tannerall said:

He’s Just one wee criticism of our otherwise highly professional performance tonight. 

Get those two blokes signed up ?