Tavernier

Broxi

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Won’t let me quote all you Pep G’s, Jones gave him the same runaround all day and was out of position so many times when our CB’s has the ball on the edge of our box. Thoght it was better to argue with the linesmen before their goal then jog back only to finally get there then stand so far behind Arfield is was laughable. 

I will give you we need him in the team going forward he is a great player, but please spare me he’s a good defender ??

Nope

3 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Kevin Thomson is agreeing. Killie played practically everything down our right side as they know he cannot defend.

I think that is just as much down to the fact that Jones is their only attacking option. Everything else is just dead balls pumped high into the box.

Tav's fine. Neither as good nor bad as many want to paint him.

3 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Kevin Thomson is agreeing. Killie played practically everything down our right side as they know he cannot defend.

Thomson is also wrong. Tav wasn't solely to blame for the goal.

Tav wasn't that bad defensively overall either.

Sometimes you need to acknowledge wingers play well at times. Jones is a decent wee player and will cause most full backs problems.

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Won’t let me quote all you Pep G’s, Jones gave him the same runaround all day and was out of position so many times when our CB’s has the ball on the edge of our box. Thoght it was better to argue with the linesmen before their goal then jog back only to finally get there then stand so far behind Arfield is was laughable. 

I will give you we need him in the team going forward he is a great player, but please spare me he’s a good defender ??

Jones got past him once, which is his job after all, and Tav bossed him apart from that.

He's our best RB, simple as that. 

Just now, BlueMe said:

Jones got past him once, which is his job after all, and Tav bossed him apart from that.

Just because he’s our best RB (which is debatable) doesn’t mean he’s a good RB/defender. 

Why are some so blinded to his faults which he has many of, everyone who thinks he’s a poor defender also point out he’s indispensable going forward for us. 

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He lost him countless times and has a great defence alongside now to cover. 

Said before, back 3 with Tav wide on the right and Barisic wide on the left and we are unbeatable. 

Sadly too many can’t see past Tav must play RB or their dummy gets spat oot. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Don’t like him when I think he is one of our best players going forward and can’t be dropped. 

Hes still a poor defender. 

Fool

Like I said, no where near as bad in defence as it's like to be made out. He's been fantastic defensively for us this season.

Still funny how our best players get the most abuse. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Just because he’s our best RB (which is debatable) doesn’t mean he’s a good RB/defender. 

Why are some so blinded to his faults which he has many of, everyone who thinks he’s a poor defender also point out he’s indispensable going forward for us. 

Who's better at RB if it's debatable? Flanagan got beaten on numerous occasions against St Mirren and, imo, has had one good game against Aberdeen, at that was at LB. 

Of course Tav has faults, name me one RB who hasn't. But they certainly aren't nowhere near as bad as some on here make out. As I've said before, when all you do is look for faults, no matter how small, then it's easy to miss the good bits.

Just now, Broxi said:

Like I said, no where near as bad in defence as it's like to be made out. He's been fantastic defensively for us this season.

Still funny how our best players get the most abuse. 

Who the fuck is giving him abuse ??

He still gets caught way out of position (ball watching mostly) fat too often. 

Just now, BlueMe said:

Who's better at RB if it's debatable? Flanagan got beaten on numerous occasions against St Mirren and, imo, has had one good game against Aberdeen, at that was at LB. 

Of course Tav has faults, name me one RB who hasn't. But they certainly aren't nowhere near as bad as some on here make out. As I've said before, when all you do is look for faults, no matter how small, then it's easy to miss the good bits.

Straight RB it’s Flanagan for me, doesn’t give us a fraction of Tav going forward though. 

Who has missed the good bits?? He’s the best we have attacking on that right side. 

Just don’t tell me he’s a good defender.