Tavernier

Broxi

1 minute ago, ianb1547 said:

He's played 9 competitive games!!   Players thrive on games....especially this early in the season. Its later in the season he gets a rest

I always felt i wasn't match sharp till at least 6. however, its not the amount - its also the proximity

1 minute ago, ianb1547 said:

@cushynumber   totally agree, particularly proximity....but methods of recovery for players is more advanced now....think he will kick on - even after today

I agree. Personally, i don't think defenders need to be rested as much as midfielders. Our defence can take a wee rest when we are attacking, the midfield cant.

2 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

There will be wallopers just waiting on him making a mistake so they tell everyone how shite he is again 

Same wallopers  alternate between criticism of Tav and Alfredo, happy both are having great seasons so far.

3 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Theres people who appreciate Tavernier and acknowledges what he brings and then there's people who dont understand football.  

He is an excellent player for us.

He has been excellent for us. But I dont think anybody should pretend that he is a great defender. That's not his strength.

So far this season .... Tav's good attacking play has by far outweighed his debatable defensive play .... as long as all members in the team play as a hard working unit, cover for Tav will be there .... allowing him to deliver the killer passes (assists) that win games .... as was so evident today ..... JT and AM were both outstanding and their combination work was the key factor that won the tie for us.

:UK:

3 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

I asked that question last night. Is he a taig?

He certainly sounds and behaves like one and whether or not, I hate the cunt.

Doubt it very much, I remember seeing him belt out God save the Queen when lined up to play for Northern Ireland.

Tav has been slated defensively.

But he has came onto a game and clearly relishes playing under a manager who was a legend while he grew up... a legend for his country too.

He is enjoying it now. It is clear to see.

24 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Tav has been slated defensively.

But he has came onto a game and clearly relishes playing under a manager who was a legend while he grew up... a legend for his country too.

He is enjoying it now. It is clear to see.

probably actually helps having two centre backs who are not clueless

16 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Woeful in defence today. 

16 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Won’t let me quote all you Pep G’s, Jones gave him the same runaround all day 

????

Watched the game on BT sport last night and Jones got past Tavernier a grand total of twice, once in the first half when he knocked it past him near the halfway line heading towards his own goal and once in the second half and this time he was in his own half but aye he gave him the runaround all day.

Just now, Real Ranger said:

????

Watched the game on BT sport last night and Jones got past Tavernier a grand total of twice, once in the first half when he knocked it past him near the halfway line heading towards his own goal and once in the second half and this time he was in his own half but aye he gave him the runaround all day.

???? you watched the game just so you could come on here and try to prove me wrong. 

Weird Cunt you are. 

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

???? you watched the game just so you could come on here and try to prove me wrong. 

Weird Cunt you are. 

Didn't watch it to prove you wrong, but having watched it, thought it is worth pointing out just how much you made a cunt of yourself again.