*** The Official Rangers Fc vs UFA Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Just now, Bad Robot said:

If they want hard cash then they chase the blue pound IMO

When you going to call in ?

Hmmm,  for what they offer,  I don't mind to be honest.  

Never.  I just like listening:)  bad enough I come on RM derailing threads haha ?

I would pay to listen to more of RR topics as well if it were offered, so you know.  Beats listening to the likes of talk sport etc.  Can't go that rubbish at all.  

Anyway,  I'm meant to be sleeping.  Catch you later:)  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Seen Ejaria get some stick, but I thought he played well. Took awhile for Arfield to have an impact on the game. The squad depth was highlighted again for me. Missed Murphys link up play. We need several bodies especially if we make the group stages.

Probably his best game yet but I’d like to see him attack more in regards to taking players onespecially in the oppositions half.

We definitely need another couple of players in this window.

I thought we  were outstanding last night .probably the way we played was more to do with the opposition being so negative they came for a nil-nil .ufa don't concede many but don't score many either .pretty confident we can score in Russia apart from the moment just after we scored they had that chance they  posed very little threat I expect they'll throw the kitchen sink at us next week which will allow them to be more open  just really  pleased we didn't concede an away goal .

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not really, I'm just saying sides like Ufa, Tula, Ural, Rostov, Gronkzy etc are poor sides and would be finishing around 6th in Scotland.

You're plain wrong. I remember how Kuban played with Motherwell - they're never a top side there but they won comfortably in both legs.

Rostov had qualified to EL Round of 16 and only narrowly lost to Manchester United. Yes they had an exceptionally good season before that but  at the time they were playing MU (well, two months after that to be fair) they failed to qualify for europa league for the next season

Whilst I would have liked one or two more goals, we didn't concede, nick one over there and they need three.

Last season losing 3 might have been possible, but there's no way I can see us loose 3 with this defence

On reflection, it was very flat. 

Crowd was pretty quiet right from the start. 

Players didn’t really get out of first gear, and too many taking the safe option. We looked tired, which is worrying this few games into a season. 

We need better quality in attacking areas. If we only sign a CB we’re not winning this league. A minimum of 1 winger / attacking midfielder is required, ideally 2. 

I think worst case scenario it's going to extra time next week, hard to tell what they're like at home but can't see us losing by more than a goal but even a 2-1 loss is enough for us. Personally I think it'll be a 1-1 draw but for my nerves' sake I hope we're the team that scores first.

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

On reflection, it was very flat

Crowd was pretty quiet right from the start. 

Players didn’t really get out of first gear, and too many taking the safe option. We looked tired, which is worrying this few games into a season. 

We need better quality in attacking areas. If we only sign a CB we’re not winning this league. A minimum of 1 winger / attacking midfielder is required, ideally 2. 

I said the same thing myself mate about it being flat.

Posted a comment about it on the official Rangers Facebook page. Got some abuse for it.

We do need another winger to replace Murphy and I would like to see an attacking mid who can be a goal threat from outside the box. A couple of good opportunities came up last night and our midfield was hesitant to take a dig.

Archived