Morelos Myths

Leeds_Bear

Morelos does miss bad chances, if you disagree with that you clearly dont watch us, he misses plenty of chances he should score. Just cause Dembele does the same thing doesnt mean its ok for Morelos to do it.

Hes done well this season but theres still a lot to be done before hes the finished product imo, so let him get on with it

6 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Morelos does miss bad chances, if you disagree with that you clearly dont watch us, he misses plenty of chances he should score. Just cause Dembele does the same thing doesnt mean its ok for Morelos to do it.

Hes done well this season but theres still a lot to be done before hes the finished product imo, so let him get on with it

He does miss easy chances he should score, but if he has a strike rate up there with any other striker then he must be putting away the difficult ones then 

2 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

I remember Scott Symon being asked about the chances The Rhino missed. His reply was "At least he is getting into a position to miss then". Big Kitch scored enough to compensate for the misses. Morelos is just the same.

Exactly mate, down through the years we have always had 2 up top. When one would go off the boil the other picked it up,. Mo doesn’t have that luxury, so when he goes off the boil it’s glaringly obvious. 

Aye he should’ve had at least 6 to 10 more goals last season but what striker won’t tell you they should’ve scored at least that many more a season. 

36 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He does miss easy chances he should score, but if he has a strike rate up there with any other striker then he must be putting away the difficult ones then 

not sure what you mean by that, weve all watched him miss absolute sitters

doesnt mean hes a bad striker but its certainly not a myth that he misses silly chances that most pro strikers would be expected to score

3 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

not sure what you mean by that, weve all watched him miss absolute sitters

doesnt mean hes a bad striker but its certainly not a myth that he misses silly chances that most pro strikers would be expected to score

My point is he still scores his fair percentage of goals just like every other striker. 

Just like every other striker he misses, but the myth that seems to be believed is that he is the only striker that misses easy chances. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

My point is he still scores his fair percentage of goals just like every other striker. 

Just like every other striker he misses, but the myth that seems to be believed is that he is the only striker that misses easy chances. 

Must say, Arsenal’s efforts on Saturday made me think Alf isn’t as bad as all that!!

Needs to start doing it routinely against the other top 6 teams before we get carried away, for me.

(I’d count Killie as borderline top 6 for now, before anyone jumps down my throat about Sunday).

‘Missed’ one major high profile chance last season in the 3-2 game. 

In the draw at the piggery Gordon made an unbelievable stop, and the other header was a difficult chance IMO. Think it’s harsh to be too critical. 

He does miss his fair share of chances, but he’s only 21 and his upside is great. He’s playing in a proper team now so let’s see it he can keep this form up. He’s essentially been our only hope for the last 12 months or so. 

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

‘Missed’ one major high profile chance last season in the 3-2 game. 

In the draw at the piggery Gordon made an unbelievable stop, and the other header was a difficult chance IMO. Think it’s harsh to be too critical. 

He does miss his fair share of chances, but he’s only 21 and his upside is great. He’s playing in a proper team now so let’s see it he can keep this form up. He’s essentially been our only hope for the last 12 months or so. 

He missed another great chance in the semi final against them I think. Not that it mattered in the grand scheme of things.

43 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Just like every other striker he misses, but the myth that seems to be believed is that he is the only striker that misses easy chances

i dont think thats the case at all but if thats what folk think theyre obviously wrong

obviously other strikers miss chances, i dont care about them though, but i do care about Morelos and last season he cost us games with his misses and its an issue thats hopefully been addressed.

40 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Must say, Arsenal’s efforts on Saturday made me think Alf isn’t as bad as all that!!

Needs to start doing it routinely against the other top 6 teams before we get carried away, for me.

(I’d count Killie as borderline top 6 for now, before anyone jumps down my throat about Sunday).

Agreed mate, some of his misses has me pulling my hair. 

Time will tell if he has improved this season another striker alongside him would go a long way to helping him. 

3 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

i dont think thats the case at all but if thats what folk think theyre obviously wrong

obviously other strikers miss chances, i dont care about them though, but i do care about Morelos and last season he cost us games with his misses and its an issue thats hopefully been addressed.

Agreed mate, he went downhill rapidly last year. Hopefully that was down to the management turmoil more than just him not being able to cut it. 

Interesting question would be if he bangs in 30 goals this season but can’t score against the scum, what would be said then.