Coulibaly - what the f*ck is wrong with him!?

dickieboo1972

5 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Looks to me asif we got bullied today! Could not understand why we didnnt play arfield from start? Halliday i like alot fellow renfrew boy but why start him? 

I honestly thought Halliday played well today and if he had not taken a knock would have played the whole game.

Having said all that we do need Coulibaly back a.s.a.p.

Midfielder Lassana Coulibaly is fighting a losing battle to face Ufa in Rangers' Europa League play-off in Russia – and it set to be ruled out of Sunday’s derby.

The Mali star is still struggling to shake off a thigh injury sustained in the recent league game against St Mirren.

Coulibaly, 22, has been a revelation since joining on loan from Angers in the summer but has missed four matches and isn’t expected to travel to Russia on Wednesday morning.

His absence from the tie will also jeopardise his chances of making Rangers' first clash of the season with celtic at Parkhead.

Boss Steven Gerrard has admitted his and the player's frustration at the unwelcome development ahead of a crucial double-header, starting with a showdown with the Russians on Thursday.

Gerrard said: “Lassana is doubtful, very doubtful. The injury has come with more complications than we originally thought

“The physio and doctor are doing everything they can to get him back as quickly and safely but he is a big doubt for Ufa.

“I am sure he’s frustrated and disappointed and so am I as a manager because he started so well and I want him available so I can pick him.”

12 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Midfielder Lassana Coulibaly is fighting a losing battle to face Ufa in Rangers' Europa League play-off in Russia – and it set to be ruled out of Sunday’s derby.

The Mali star is still struggling to shake off a thigh injury sustained in the recent league game against St Mirren.

Coulibaly, 22, has been a revelation since joining on loan from Angers in the summer but has missed four matches and isn’t expected to travel to Russia on Wednesday morning.

His absence from the tie will also jeopardise his chances of making Rangers' first clash of the season with celtic at Parkhead.

Boss Steven Gerrard has admitted his and the player's frustration at the unwelcome development ahead of a crucial double-header, starting with a showdown with the Russians on Thursday.

Gerrard said: “Lassana is doubtful, very doubtful. The injury has come with more complications than we originally thought

“The physio and doctor are doing everything they can to get him back as quickly and safely but he is a big doubt for Ufa.

“I am sure he’s frustrated and disappointed and so am I as a manager because he started so well and I want him available so I can pick him.”

Personally I would have left him out for Thursday anyway to let him rest. Missing him Sunday isn't going to be fun but with their defence in the state it is in currently if we can't score we need to fucking wake up.

11 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Coulibaly missing the old firm would be a big blow.

If he's out expect it's Jack Arfield and Ejaria Sunday. 

Could see it being Jack Halliday and Arfield dunno about Ejaria in that kind of game.

34 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Going to be ruled out of next 2 games.

More complications than originally thought.

It must be frustrating for guy missing out on two big games. I bet he's chopping at the bit to get back on the pitch.

Get well soon Coulibaly , wishing you a speedy recovery:rangers:

16 minutes ago, Almacger said:

Would be a nice wee surprise if he’s in that teamsheet for Sunday :UK:

I'm really hoping he's in the starting eleven , also if this is what the Boss actually said , lets be positive for a change . 

(I canny see from the article ,anywhere that the Boss say's he's out for Sundays game )

“I am sure he’s frustrated and disappointed and so am I as a manager because he started so well and I want him available so I can pick him.

Got a horrible feeling that our very early season momentum is already starting to grind to a fucking halt. Sincerely hope we can get him back ASAP as we need our best players fit with the squad depth being fairly limited. 

Dreading a physical capitulation at the scumhut as it’s an all too familiar sight watching us disintegrate there. Our consistent habit of losing key players ahead of games against the fucking scum cunts is a nightmare.

40 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Fuck putting Halliday in there. He’s been dominated in almost every game he’s played against them

He’s also the only midfielder we have that dominated Brown in an old Firm. Not ideal but better than Ejaria.

32 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Good on Sunday, the thought of him against the Tarriers gives me the absolute fear though

Aye I think he’ll suit playing against teams who sit in better than away to the taigs where we’ll need to be tight.