I think the Russians have tried to knobble the referee

Torontoblue76

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

Zenit won 8-1 in the last round at home after losing 4-0 away. Nothing funny to see here.

Shocking display by the ref. Bribed ? Maybe.

Ufa are not Zenit, not even in the same league as Zenit (You know what I mean).

Ref was so obviously got at it wasn't funny.

17 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Still trying to work out Russia is in Europe, been thinking on it for years and can't come up with shit. Might as well let MLS from the US in if that's the level of decision making.

Our border with Russia is far closer to us than other accepted Euro region countries regarding Euro competitions.  For example, Turkey, Armenia, Azerbaijan and that's not to mention Israel. 

It's simply strange to us as Russia is so large that it has borders with our neighbours as well as the USA and North Korea. 

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Just watching the game and the ref is terrible... Every time morelos moves he blows for a free kick. 

That was his assistant who flagged every time Morelos won the ball. They couldn't muscle him off the ball so kept going to ground knowing they'd get the decision.

Not one of the officials seemed to have a grasp of the Laws of the game. I hope they aren't anywhere near the return match, they were an embarrasment.

22 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

That was his assistant who flagged every time Morelos won the ball. They couldn't muscle him off the ball so kept going to ground knowing they'd get the decision.

Not one of the officials seemed to have a grasp of the Laws of the game. I hope they aren't anywhere near the return match, they were an embarrasment.

I looked the ref up. He has reff'd five senior games before in his life - 1 CL qualifier and 4 Polish top flight games. He is 41. He is a professional referee i.e. no other job. Is it really so unbelievable that he might have a sniff at the brown paper bag with $100 000 in it? Anyone who has done business in Russia knows how the place works. As some on here have said, the fact we won despite the refereeing is testament to our strength. And by God yes, let's hope he has nothing to do with the return leg. How about a Western European with a decent job for the second leg?

5 hours ago, TMB said:

Referee gave us absolutely nothing.  UFA players making fouls all night and getting away with it.  Rangers players getting booked for absolutely fuck all.  That UFA player pretending to be injured then leaping to his feet was embarrassing.  

The physios were on the park should have been off the park according to RTV commentary I think it was lovenkrands who said that is a rule.

There are no other reasons other than the quality of refereeing is completely shite. That’s both at domestic level and the qualifiers. 

I expect it to be much better in the group stages where of course there’s no SPFL refs getting a gig 

because they are shite at their job

UFA’s tactic was to spread wee niggly fouls amongst the team to avoid the ref booking one person for consistent fouling. 

16 hours ago, Malvern said:

Still trying to work out Russia is in Europe, been thinking on it for years and can't come up with shit. Might as well let MLS from the US in if that's the level of decision making.

I'm with you mate. Europe in my mind is Germany, Spain, Italy etc, not halfway round the world in fucking outer Mongolia.