Clyde 1

DadoPrso9

It was bad enough last season, with no concrete commentry for the games and crap phone ins during the week but it sounds worse already.

Its set as default on my shower radio and when i turned it on tonight i heard Graham Speirs (thats an incentive for ANYONE to turn off) and Frank McAvennie as the guests. They were talking about Sebo or whatever. I dread to think what else they were talking about during the show.

Join that with the views of Bitter Martin and DJ (a Rangers legend who seems to have been sucked in by the balls that they talk on a regular basis)

Below average coverage - below average callers - below average presenters and guests etc

Why do some people on here like it?

It's interesting to hear other peoples points of view, just like a forum but live. I can't dispute many a caller are muppets but some people speak sense. Believe it or not I like Keevans no bullshit says what he thinks talk. I enjoy DJ's patter and banter. It even interest me to hear what Speirs is saying next even though the guys fitba knowlegde is non existant and he looks and sounds like he should be punditing on a Rigby channel.

It's interesting to hear other peoples points of view, just like a forum but live. I can't dispute many a caller are muppets but some people speak sense. Believe it or not I like Keevans no bullshit says what he thinks talk. I enjoy DJ's patter and banter. It even interest me to hear what Speirs is saying next even though the guys fitba knowlegde is non existant and he looks and sounds like he should be punditing on a Rigby channel.

Must admit I am a Clyde 1 phone in fan, cannot stand R.R., but it would be a strange world if we all liked the same things.

Only managed a few minutes tonight and I was surprised to hear Speirs had joined them, but like you 'Ted I B' I really like Keevens & D.J. and have no intention of stopping listening just because some people on here do not like the show. If you do not like it, turn the f*****g radio off. :rolleyes:

It's a good laugh sometimes. Bitter Martin? What do you mean? He's one of the most sensible/neutral hosts I've seen.

The guy that presents Real Radio is an arse, he should just try being himself for once.

It's a good laugh sometimes. Bitter Martin? What do you mean? He's one of the most sensible/neutral hosts I've seen.

The guy that presents Real Radio is an arse, he should just try being himself for once.

Totally agree

The 2 stations are pretty poor, but the scum that's on RC are the pits. Apart from DJ the resident performing clown for the amusement of his RC masters, the rest are just professional celtic supporters/catholics and don't they let you know it ! :sherlock:

ANYONE WHO LISTENS TO CLYDE 1 SHOULD STOP AS OUR FRIEND SPIERS WILL BE ON THE SHOW FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS!!

Didn't hear that and I'm colourblind.... :craphead:

:lol: Couldn't resist!

You should see a doctor immediately.As for the others on here who find Keevins funny, maybe you should seek an appointment with a shrink.

Two of the most bitterest arseholes you could ever meet

Guest orangpendek

keevins...oh man. old and out of touch, he lives in a 1950s/60s world where catholics are discriminated against on the grounds of their religion and perceived class. he operates in the regional world of the central scottish media, as his abysmal, staccato speaking voice would see him flung out the door anywhere with a genuinely broad appeal. pathetically attempting to stir up controversy where none exists, happy to goad and insult to raise audience figures, he will be amongst the first to condemn any insulting or goading behaviour amongst genuine football fans (this is called RIVALRY in the real world). i recall him recounting how, as a young reporter, he was sent to tynecastle rather than easter road as 'you got a better class of spectator there.' alas, he has found himself unable to move forward into the 21st century, and remains stuck with his out-moded mind set.

mcavennie...a bit like goram, appeals to the lowest levels listening. 'i used to go out shaging, me.' wow. so did i, but i don't feel the need to go on radio and shout about it. no gentleman, his finest moment was on 'off the ball,' when after an hour recounting his sexual, narcotic and legal misadventures down the years, he closed with 'everyone knows i'm a catholic,' demonstrating a bewildering version of liberal catholicism i've yet to see the panzerfaust pontiff approve of.

ewan cameron...arsehole. obessed with BF, and at the top of my list of 'people who watch football but don't actually understand how to play it.' seriously, he has no idea of where players should be at certain times or what their role is. however, realradio is saved by...

ROUGHIE!!!!!! the only pundit who has a sense of proportion, who refuses to indulge in cheap point scoring and who actually understands about football. not only the best voice on the radio, untainted by accussations of bias involving the OF even tho he played for the neighbours, he is also my 2nd oldest fitba memory...denying NI in an 82 WC qualifier in belfast. viva roughie!

You should see a doctor immediately.As for the others on here who find Keevins funny, maybe you should seek an appointment with a shrink.

You must be listening to a different show then.. :huh:

What does Peter Martin have to be bitter about? (or let me guess, you're just saying that because he's a tim?) Keevins comes out with a lot of shite sometimes, but if you actually take it seriously and let it get to you, I'm afraid it's you that needs to see a doctor. Everybody has their opinion, that's what the show is all about. My dad knows/knew him, and believe it or not he's actually a pretty nice guy.

I like Roughie, but the presenter of Real Radio gets on my tits, he's the only reason I don't listen to it.

You must be listening to a different show then.. :huh:

What does Peter Martin have to be bitter about? (or let me guess, you're just saying that because he's a tim?) Keevins comes out with a lot of shite sometimes, but if you actually take it seriously and let it get to you, I'm afraid it's you that needs to see a doctor. Everybody has their opinion, that's what the show is all about. My dad knows/knew him, and believe it or not he's actually a pretty nice guy.

The last time I checked it was still a free country, so I will listen to what I like as well. If I need a doctor then I will see one but not for listening to Hugh & Co on Clyde. :rant:

I think a lot can depend on who you have always listened to, I am used to Scotland and Clyde and so tend to listen to them, but am under no illusions about where the loyalties of a company run by Paul Cooney lie. Can I also say that on the few occasions I have listened to RR I have found their presentation a little amateurish.

I think a lot can depend on who you have always listened to, I am used to Scotland and Clyde and so tend to listen to them, but am under no illusions about where the loyalties of a company run by Paul Cooney lie. Can I also say that on the few occasions I have listened to RR I have found their presentation a little amateurish.

Spared listening to all of them now. But as a kid, it was always Sportssound on Radio Scotland. Lots of good and bad memories of driving in dad's car listening to the round up of the scores on a Saturday afternoon (tu)