Gerrard from Day One

Callum_Doon

8 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Very powerful image, do you see the look in his eyes...

That's profoundly what son, his pals and myself thought when we first came across this nascent photograph...

'Hang on guys... is there not also a demonic look in his eyes here?'..

4 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

Ah so they're not all bezzies? Sometimes they fight, get injured and have to go to the hozzy?

I guess you could say I'm  a Woolyback as I lived in Warrington for a number of years (Rugby League team is nicknamed "The Wire") after moving there from NI as a kid.

It's what Scousers call people from Cheshire and Lancashire. 

24 minutes ago, T Junior said:

The guy just fucking gets it. We have our club back and the rat catchers are shiting themselves.

This consequential, universal, media interest is going to explode come the celtic game...

Doesn't matter what attractive English premiership games might be playing, the media focus will be on that game.

It's an extraordinary prospect; we know that for the first time in many a year, we will be fielding a team seriously capable of winning and Gerrard is going to be so 'enlivened' by that challenge...

The opposition will naturally be prepared for same and 'not having any of it'.

We're Steven Gerrard's Rangers now and that's a whole world of difference in every game.

It's naturally going to take some time,  coming to terms with a 'new squad of players', assessing what he now has available, needs to try out various permutations, having to cope with long term injuries...

Nonetheless, instead of dreading another sickening hammering, maybe we can finally emerge from recent dark times, with at least some optimism (whilst not deliriously expectant at these early stages)...

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The man is steeped in football it’s his life from sun up to sun down and he probably dreams about tactics. 

When you have a man like that then mix him with our history or ethos, he gets it alright. 

Love the man he has given us and the club our pride back

Nail on head mate. 100%.

He most definitely "gets it".

He was born to manage Rangers.

4 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Very powerful image, do you see the look in his eyes...

Might I please run this by y'all..

If you enhance this iconic photo, what is he looking up at which seems to be so entrancing?

Is it perhaps those pennants above, a testimony to our history...

18 minutes ago, fermblue said:

Loved it when he was interviewed on Sky before the Aberdeen game if me old memory serves me right, ''the values of this football club, they're my values as well" says it all-he gets it allright!

After the Bury friendly, interviewed on Sky Sports... "There's tons of work to do"...

its funny, when ur quoting something he's said , that you have to say it in a Scouse accent in ur head!!

In the thread starter I think he's looking up at God because he's on the same level HaHa!!(hope that doesn't offend anyone!) it does look kinda iconically religious!

13 minutes ago, fermblue said:

its funny, when ur quoting something he's said , that you have to say it in a Scouse accent in ur head!!

In the thread starter I think he's looking up at God because he's on the same level HaHa!!(hope that doesn't offend anyone!) it does look kinda iconically religious!

That's given us all a laugh here!