"We're in a good place"

gsa

The window is close to closing and there is absolutely no sign that we are even attempting to sign a decent centre midfielder, one who can play from deep and dictate the game. We have the leader of the spice boys as club captain and our manager seemingly oblivious to his shortcomings. 

We are in an okay place, there is still lots of work to be done. From the manager as much as anyone. 

23 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

If there was any criticism I’d throw at Gerrard it certainly wouldn’t be that he’s oblivious to his shortcomings.

Well he's absolutely lauded chief spice boy since he's arrived and he's made him club captain. So in what way isn't he oblivious?

Undefeated and a team with the fight to come back twice in a game. We are in a good place as we have a team that can easily win this league. Motherwell played well and deserved the draw. We won’t win every game for fuck sake. Getting a draw when we played badly tells a story on its own.

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

Borna was struggling by the time he came off tbh. 

He did look tired when he came off but seconds prior he did to a big run right across the middle of the park.

I would have subbed Morelos but this gives SG more clout to demonstrate we need another player for our defence.

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Undefeated and a team with the fight to come back twice in a game. We are in a good place as we have a team that can easily win this league. Motherwell played well and deserved the draw. We won’t win every game for fuck sake. Getting a draw when we played badly tells a story on its own.

i dont buy into this at all and nothing so far in the league this season suggests otherwise.  as it stands we are an injury or 2 away from struggling very badly

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Never make a sub before a corner, don’t have 3 attacking players on when your defending for your life. 

Find an attacking RB that can defend. 

This. I've always had that rule in my head. You never sub at a corner 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

He’s also been integral in our downfall. 

He was shite today aye. I think it’s hyperbolic to say a bad draw away to Motherwell is our “downfall” though. I’m as unhappy as you and everyone else but let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves either way.

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

We've drawn two in the first three and there isn't that much margin for error if we're looking to give a serious challenge this year

I'm not panicking but there's clearly work to be done still 

3 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

First of 3 tough games and we fucked it already. 

To be fair BA that shouldnt have been a tough game today, apart from our ex loanee Motherwell should be and were there for the taking, if Im honest I cant see us taking much from the next 2 games, the defending today bordered on the ridiculous.

Goldson in particular was a bombscare.