"We're in a good place"

gsa

1st ever post on here, hello fellow bears... gutting goal to lose there at death, but there is definite improvement in the team.  this team will do well in league & possibly even go close to winning, but we ain't ready yet to compete in league & also play in Europe it's a catch-22 cos we need cash for another couple players! I honestly think the europa league group stages could cost us about 6pts in the league, that could be massive come may.

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Todays game has not changed a thing as far as I’m concerned. We have a team that will give us a decent showing in Europe and will win this league. The fight and desire in this team is clear for all to see. 

No one is questioning their fight and desire. 

We are questioning their ability to close out a game, 2 away games from home and the same result, unable to close out a game and dropped points

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

worrying part is if they win today they will still be above us and thats with them in so called turmoil and stuggling for form.  

as i mentioned before worst case scenario is we lose next week and have our worst start to a season since i was a wee boy.  

Aye I was just joshing m8,  it’s far too early though, I’ll take our worst start if it leads to our best finish

3 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

1st ever post on here, hello fellow bears... gutting goal to lose there at death, but there is definite improvement in the team.  this team will do well in league & possibly even go close to winning, but we ain't ready yet to compete in league & also play in Europe it's a catch-22 cos we need cash for another couple players! I honestly think the europa league group stages could cost us about 6pts in the league, that could be massive come may.

Cheerio Gerry. 

5 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

Very insightful Declan. 

24 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Both draws were with last second goals. Were in a decent place, the scum will struggle to get anything from fir park or pittodrie also and they are the only team that will challenge us.

How exactly do you come to that conclusion? The taigs have routinely beaten these teams 

7 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

Other teams still have us as their main prize and that’s what we need to get over. We going to do more than compete in this league but yes Europe is a catch 22 but getting through on Thursday might lose us 6 points but the cash to buy another player can gain us 9 points 

Def missing Coulibaly...midfield second half was posted missing in action. Ejaria as much as his performances have improved shouldn't play against celtic. Would push Tav into right midfield against them with Flanagan at right back, Barasic at left back. 

10 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Other teams still have us as their main prize and that’s what we need to get over. We going to do more than compete in this league but yes Europe is a catch 22 but getting through on Thursday might lose us 6 points but the cash to buy another player can gain us 9 points 

Fair point another quality player gets the team more points over season. Once the season really gets into swing after international break, I can see a decent run starting, but think this could be a step to far with a European run as well.

Just now, bluebell82 said:

Def missing Coulibaly...midfield second half was posted missing in action. Ejaria as much as his performances have improved shouldn't play against celtic. Would push Tav into right midfield against them with Flanagan at right back, Barasic at left back. 

Coulibaly breaks up play and carries it forward, we were missing that today . I’d keep Ejaria against them think he’s coming onto a very good game and creates a lot, he’s got to lay it off a bit quicker but worth a start .

During a season there is always going to be games that kick you in the balls and bring you back down to earth. It's always better happening early in the season. And if you look at the game honestly, a point is what both teams deserved. I felt uncomfortable throughout tbh. 2nd half we were rotten and Motherwell deserved to win the 2nd half, their keeper hardly touched the ball throughout the 2nd half.