*** The Official FC UFA vs Rangers FC Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

5 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

They were bottom of the league hadn’t scored a goal and put 3 last us,try and dress it up all you want it was an abysmal performance and an embarrassing result 

Again, it's a disappointing result but it's far from the end of the world. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

They were bottom of the league hadn’t scored a goal and put 3 last us,try and dress it up all you want it was an abysmal performance and an embarrassing result 

Terrible result and performance but a bit of perspective. Fir park has been a tough fixture for as long as I remember. Motherwell made two cup finals last season . They are no mugs despite their poor start to the season. Tactically we had a nightmare yesterday. We can only hope that mistakes are learned from.

Give Coulibaly 20 mins so he's ready for the old firm. There's not many others we can rest without starting Middleton which I wouldn't be against but don't think we will.

I'd say out of Lafferty and Morelos one should start on Thursday and one should start on Sunday. 

Massive game both financially but also for setting things right and get the momentum back for Sunday.

Back to 433 with candeias and Kent starting. Hopefully we can start with jack, Coulibaly and Arfield to let Arfield get further forward but suspect it’s too soon for Coulibaly to start so most likely ejaria.

We need to be on the front foot from the first whistle and put the tie to bed. Sunday’s second half has to be a lesson in why not to sit back against teams.

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Massive game both financially but also for setting things right and get the momentum back for Sunday.

Back to 433 with candeias and Kent starting. Hopefully we can start with jack, Coulibaly and Arfield to let Arfield get further forward but suspect it’s too soon for Coulibaly to start so most likely ejaria.

We need to be on the front foot from the first whistle and put the tie to bed. Sunday’s second half has to be a lesson in why not to sit back against teams.

Agreed mate I still can't understand why we did so in the second half yesterday. We went in 3-2 up after coming from behind twice that is what baffles me.

17 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Agreed mate I still can't understand why we did so in the second half yesterday. We went in 3-2 up after coming from behind twice that is what baffles me.

I think it was something to do with going in 3-2 up, 2-1 down or 2-2 and they’d have come out with a rocket up their arse. Being 3-2 I’d have wanted a rocket up their arse anyway as Motherwell are horrid and we just let play how they wanted to second half, it was undoubtedly the worst half under Gerrard so far and I really hope he has said to the press it was two goals from set pieces but given the players a dressing down over the effort second half.

That said we’ve had a lot of games and the weather would have made heavier legs than usual so I’m prepared to cut them a bit of slack but they have to do something we failed to do under Warburton.....learn from it and cut it out of our game going forward.

2 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I think it was something to do with going in 3-2 up, 2-1 down or 2-2 and they’d have come out with a rocket up their arse. Being 3-2 I’d have wanted a rocket up their arse anyway as Motherwell are horrid and we just let play how they wanted to second half, it was undoubtedly the worst half under Gerrard so far and I really hope he has said to the press it was two goals from set pieces but given the players a dressing down over the effort second half.

That said we’ve had a lot of games and the weather would have made heavier legs than usual so I’m prepared to cut them a bit of slack but they have to do something we failed to do under Warburton.....learn from it and cut it out of our game going forward.

Definitely mate I think this is the main reason everyone is so dissapointed with the second half display it just wasn't expected from a Stevie Gerrard team but as you say as long as we learn from our mistakes And there is no repeat

7 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Terrible result and performance but a bit of perspective. Fir park has been a tough fixture for as long as I remember. Motherwell made two cup finals last season . They are no mugs despite their poor start to the season. Tactically we had a nightmare yesterday. We can only hope that mistakes are learned from.

We never learned from Fir park in two fucking years?, why change a habit of a lifetime. Somebody needs their arse kicked for Sundays game, how do you expect to get it right onThursday when we got it so wrong on Sunday, something doesn't add up.

We can talk tactics all we want and 3 at the back looked uncomfortable for a pairing that had previously excelled but each goal conceded late (or problem we’ve had) has been us dropping into our 18 yard box. Aberdeen, Osijek, Motherwell all came about as a result of us sitting on top of McGregor. 

Step forward 10 yards starting position and we don’t concede. Was same in Maribor, though they missed the pen. Too deep. Cut that out and we won’t see it happen. 

51 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Willie collum ref.

Red for us guaranteed. My money is on Morelos. 

2 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

Collum  the ref so we need to keep control of the tempers and hopefully the nerves ???

Wrong thread surely :lol:

776013114_FCUfavsRangers.thumb.png.208f318de67d8a0c734a50dc185d0c96.png

Has to be this line-up for me IF Coulibaly isn't fit to start.

It is not the time to go with 2 up top in my mind and I think Lafferty is nowhere near as effective out wide as he is through the middle so it has to be Morelos leading the line.

Archived