*** The Official FC UFA vs Rangers FC Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, danger ranger said:

We never learned from Fir park in two fucking years?, why change a habit of a lifetime. Somebody needs their arse kicked for Sundays game, how do you expect to get it right onThursday when we got it so wrong on Sunday, something doesn't add up.

Genuinely struggling to work out your point. Fir park is a tough venue and not the place to try out new formations and tactics. Gerrard made a mistake fucking about with the tactics as it played right into motherwells game plan . Everyone acknowledges that but I don't think we should start demanding an inquest on the back of one poor performance. If it becomes the norm over a period of games then yes questions should be asked. 

6 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

776013114_FCUfavsRangers.thumb.png.208f318de67d8a0c734a50dc185d0c96.png

Has to be this line-up for me IF Coulibaly isn't fit to start.

It is not the time to go with 2 up top in my mind and I think Lafferty is nowhere near as effective out wide as he is through the middle so it has to be Morelos leading the line.

And who is dropped from the team if Coulibaly is fit ?

9 minutes ago, Jadams said:

And who is dropped from the team if Coulibaly is fit ?

For me Ejaria. I think Arfield getting further forward, jack holding and Coulibaly just wreaking havoc is the best midfield 3 we have for this type of game.

Donr get me wrong Ejaria has impressed of late and I hope he keeps it going as he’ll be a big asset for us but for this game I’d rather have Coulibaly.

8 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

I think even if Coulibaly is fit he won't start imo. Maybe used as sub depending on how game is going.

Does anyone know if Coulibaly has travelled? If he is ready for Sunday? I would have left him at home as i think the travel coming off an injury is too risky. But as usual i trust S.G. on these matters .

17 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Does anyone know if Coulibaly has travelled? If he is ready for Sunday? I would have left him at home as i think the travel coming off an injury is too risky. But as usual i trust S.G. on these matters .

He is def training again. Seemingly was doing so before fir park but wasn’t risked.

Really wish this game would come round quicker! Put Sunday behind us, get through to Europa League and raise confidence levels all around ahead of Sunday, then skelp the mutants. 

Easy! ??

At work on Thursday so will try sneak watching the game on mobile. Going to hate it!

32 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

No further news that I'm aware of other than he has been back training prior to the Motherwell match. I think he'll travel as the game is our biggest in a while and he may be required. Pity the game is on artificial grass as that may influenece the decision to play him or not.

If Ufa set up to defend (which is what they are good at) then it’s a strange one as we obviously need a goal to be comfortable but counter attacks will be a risk. 

If they attack then they are out of their comfort zone and we should match them just as their previous ties did. 

The occasion and what it means makes me more nervous than Ufa themselves. Just hope the players give us their best. 

6 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Genuinely struggling to work out your point. Fir park is a tough venue and not the place to try out new formations and tactics. Gerrard made a mistake fucking about with the tactics as it played right into motherwells game plan . Everyone acknowledges that but I don't think we should start demanding an inquest on the back of one poor performance. If it becomes the norm over a period of games then yes questions should be asked. 

UFA and parkhead aren't tough venues?.

Motherwell don't have any tactics and neither did we on Sunday.

Team flying out tomorrow at 12:30 so won't be getting there till 22:30 Ufa time. I'm assuming the idea is to keep the body clock on the same time as here so you just have to deal with the flight tiredness and no jet lag. Just treat it like a 3PM game here. Probably why they are flying out so late aswell.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Looks like we’ll be without Coulibaly until after the international break.

Just seen that there  better than trying to start him.and then he breaks down and fucks it even more. 

36 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Just seen that there  better than trying to start him.and then he breaks down and fucks it even more. 

Unless it's all lies to unleash him on Sunday! Would rather not take the risk if there is any chance playing him on Sunday can aggravate anything, international break or not! 

Archived