Tav - Get used to it

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

Flanagan playing right back today - you taking he piss

He played on the right of the back 3 then moved to the left when he wasn't able to deal with the diagonal balls, so Goldson went to the right. Technically not RB, but on the right of defence, yes.

James Tavernier has 7 assists this season.  He set up 3 goals for Morelos last week away to Kilmarnock.  Tavernier might have been at fault for a goal today but he also created a goal with a  brilliant cross for Lafferty.

Todays result had fuck all to do with Tavernier.  The team shape and how deep we were sitting was a major problem.  

Just now, TMB said:

James Tavernier has 7 assists this season.  He set up 3 goals for Morelos last week away to Kilmarnock.  Tavernier might have been at fault for a goal today but he also created a goal with a  brilliant cross for Lafferty.

Todays result had fuck all to do with Tavernier.  The team shape and how deep we were sitting was a major problem.  

Apart from the two goals he cost us?

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He played on the right of the back 3 then moved to the left when he wasn't able to deal with the diagonal balls, so Goldson went to the right. Technically not RB, but on the right of defence, yes.

you said earlier he was playing right back - read your previous post about him and 90% of the game he was playing like a left back not the left of a back 3

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Seriously? Wow.

Tav missed Candeias today to help (bale) him out.

44 minutes ago, cp9 said:

No one refuses to see or argues that Tav isnt defender. Don't know why folk get on such a high horse about it.

The difference is that he'll create more goals for the team than he'll concede. 

A FAR better option than Flanagan. 

Today for all the goals he'll "create" he cost us two points, do it often enough and we can forget about 55

6 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

you said earlier he was playing right back - read your previous post about him and 90% of the game he was playing like a left back not the left of a back 3

He got moved to the left of the back 3 because he wasn't dealing with the long diagonal balls on the right. When we were going forward we had 2 sitting, Goldson and Katic. What's your point?

10 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He got moved to the left of the back 3 because he wasn't dealing with the long diagonal balls on the right. When we were going forward we had 2 sitting, Goldson and Katic. What's your point?

My point is in an earlier post you said he was in his favourite position RIGHT BACK - and he wasn't playing on the left of a back 3 he was playing left back after roughly 10 minutes

18 minutes ago, Davie Mr Magic Cooper said:

Seriously? Wow.

Tav missed Candeias today to help (bale) him out.

Tavernier has been one of our best players so far this season.  7 assists and 3 goals to his name make him one of our best attacking assets.  We wouldn't have been doing as well as we have been without him - Yes seriously.  

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

My point is in an earlier post you said he was in his favourite position RIGHT BACK - and he wasn't playing on the left of a back 3 he was playing left back after roughly 10 minutes

I should have said right of the back 3, just thought most people would have known that and not needed it explained.  He was playing left of a back 3 once he got moved. We played 352.

Hes going to cost us goals in big games that matter , no point moaning about it hes going to be in that defence every game no matter how bad he is.

I thought Goldson was fuckin brutal today, this was the first time hes really came under any pressure since he signed and he failed badly. Hopefully hes got his first bad game out of the way before the taig game.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Tavernier has been one of our best players so far this season.  7 assists and 3 goals to his name make him one of our best attacking assets.  We wouldn't have been doing as well as we have been without him - Yes seriously.  

I did give him credit for his assists, but HE'S A DEFENDER. A DEFENDER who simply CANNOT DEFEND. He's our weak link at the back (not in the team) and as such is a liability to us winning games. I say again...he missed Candeias today as he helps him out big time.

Just now, Davie Mr Magic Cooper said:

I did give him credit for his assists, but HE'S A DEFENDER. A DEFENDER who simply CANNOT DEFEND. He's our weak link at the back (not in the team) and as such is a liability to us winning games. I say again...he missed Candeias today as he helps him out big time.

He's an ATTACKING full-back who's had a hand in 10 of the competitive goals we've scored so far this season.  At times he's been the only guy driving us up the pitch and making things happen.  Without him the start to this season wouldn't have been anywhere near as good.  As I said, he set up all three of goals Morleos scored last week.  People just like to use Tavernier as a scapegoat but the fact is, and the stats reflect it, he's one of our most important players.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Defending isn’t his strong point so why is he marking opposition centre half at corners?

Tav and Barisic are by a distance our best players at assisting.

To be fair Motherwell has three strong forwards on, and we only have so many players who are good at marking.

He is our biggest liability against the scum as proven previously against them.

Let us hope this time around, that with a better class of player around him,  that his weakness isn't exploited as much.

Oh and Morelos can actually get into scoring positions and can actually tuck one away instead of runnng around like a fucking headless chicken.

Candeias and Kent work hard defensively but didn't seem to offer anything going forward.  Today the manager put faith in our attacking full-backs to make things happen and they created all three goals.  Our full-backs, Tavernier and Barisic, are our main attacking threats whether some want to accept it or not.  Those two players have been involved in 13 of our 17 competitive goals thus far.  Without those two we'd struggle to create anything going forward and the strikers would be completely isolated.  You can't simply overlook the attacking contribution of the attacking full-backs and dismiss it.  Tavernier is a key player for us that's why Gerrard made him captain.  

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

He's an ATTACKING full-back who's had a hand in 10 of the competitive goals we've scored so far this season.  At times he's been the only guy driving us up the pitch and making things happen.  Without him the start to this season wouldn't have been anywhere near as good.  As I said, he set up all three of goals Morleos scored last week.  People just like to use Tavernier as a scapegoat but the fact is, and the stats reflect it, he's one of our most important players.

I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying in an attacking sense. I think we both clearly agree he's great going forward, but his job, first and foremost, is to defend. To DEFEND. Anytime he's called upon to do just that, he's lacking more often than not. I stand up for my club and players no matter who I'm talking to. Always have done, always will do (got me into trouble too), but you simply (and here comes the pun) cannot defend him.

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

Mer pish.

No one doubts his attacking abilities, which he lost today and aganst UFA and and and.

A liability is a liability, as facts are facts and fuck all to do do wirh scapegoating anyone.