Tav - Get used to it

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Maribors goal was candeias not tucking in as tav had moved in to cover the cb.

The goal against Aberdeen it just seems to be airbrushed from history that coulibaly was the culprit

I blame Goldsons strange belly flop to allow the shot by him

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

@cushynumber delete this and ban Blue Avenger mate 

He said earlier if you report a post he will defo ban the poster. He also called the report function childlike in its simplicity, so is basically calling you immature and incompetent.

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

Tavs inability to defend is an issue that Gerrard will need to resolve but he does have assets that makes him an important member of the squad albeit it shouldn't be him as the captain or first choice full back. There will be games where Tavernier will be more suited than a full back that's better at defending, its up to Gerrard to use him appropriately.

Yep.

Tav has his good points.

Just a pity defending isn’t one of them.

6 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

He said earlier if you report a post he will defo ban the poster. He also called the report function childlike in its simplicity, so is basically calling you immature and incompetent.

Immature yes, but incompetent, no. I've not pished myself for weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

What's your view on Candeias out of interest?

He works very hard and no one can fault his effort. He certainly helps stabilise that side of the field by being the cover for Tav to get forward. Just feel his end product isn’t as consistent as it should be. He is great when it’s an all out war of attrition but not of a level that you could rely on to unlock well disciplined teams.Definately a great squad player but certainly not an automatic starter for me. How do you see him best utilised out of interest?

13 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I'm guessing it's because he thinks I'm black? 

Good call but you'd think your username would have been enough to go on. Blinded by hatred and racism obvs.Also, tav may be prone to mistakes defensively but his attributes going forward make up for those somewhat. He is now our club captain and though not the most vocal or imposing, he has the ability to lead by example and has changed many a game with an assist. I also like a penalty taker who I have confidence in when squaring up for the take. I have this in tav.

12 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

He works very hard and no one can fault his effort. He certainly helps stabilise that side of the field by being the cover for Tav to get forward. Just feel his end product isn’t as consistent as it should be. He is great when it’s an all out war of attrition but not of a level that you could rely on to unlock well disciplined teams.Definately a great squad player but certainly not an automatic starter for me. How do you see him best utilised out of interest?

You summed it up perfectly.

Find it strange some folk love Candeias and want him in the team every week, yet he's an attacker who's better at defending, yet want Tav out. 

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Complete myth that he "can't defend". 

I wish some statto-like cunt would go through every game this season and make a YouTube highlights reel of tackles, interceptions and other good defensive play by Tav.

The "interceptions" possibly get lost in amongst all the goals we concede due to his gross ineptitude. 

Every no-mark left winger in Scotland knows they can help themselves against Rangers. 

He's targeted because he's easily beaten 1v1, does nothing to stop crosses and is hugely susceptible to balls in behind or a long cross field. 

Better suited to a mid table championship team who don't desperately need every point the way we do. 

4 hours ago, will2203 said:

What???

oh, except today.

3 goals and 6 assists already this season. It's never been claimed he's the greatest defender. But he's certainly one of our best players.

1 hour ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

I like Tav, I can forgive losing your man once at a set play, fair enough, it happens.

But to lose your man twice, in the same game, and concede 2 goals because of it?

That’s unnacceptable. 

I’d agree with this. We’re not going to get a wingback who is as good defensively as he is attacking, very few at the top level are and if Tav was he wouldn’t be playing here! If we want attacking fullbacks which it seems most managers favour these days then we have to accept sometimes they will make mistakes at the back but today was unacceptable. Losing his man from a set piece is just basics, I would expect every player on the pitch no matter where they play to be able to track a man as professional footballers but sometimes for whatever reason mistakes are made, watch the top level of football and you’ll see it happen so once although terrible defending is imo forgivable, but you have to react well and be 100% concentrated for the rest of the game. The fact that Tav let his man go again, at such an important time in the match suggests not a lack of ability but more a lack of concentration and possibly even effort, and that for me is completely unacceptable.

18 hours ago, cp9 said:

The difference is that he'll create more goals for the team than he'll concede. 

A FAR better option than Flanagan. 

Granted that may be the case but he shouldn't be played in a defensive position then! Thats like saying stick a striker in the full back position (Although a striker would be more use defending corners)

If we sold Tav i genuinely doubt we would miss him. I'd wager that Candieas would start picking up more assists.

19 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

if one of our fans called our captain a spice boy in front of me I'd break his jaw before he finished his sentence 

No you wouldn't. 

It's funny that you fantasise about being a knight in shining armour, ready to defend "our captains" honour but you aren't, in any universe, ever, breaking anyone's jaw for calling him a "Spice Boy".