Detrimental effect being in Europa League to our title challenge

RosscoRFC87

Bit premature but seeing signs already of being tired got me thinking.

The £7,000,000 and bears being back in Europe are obviously great for the club,

but the more we're in the Europa League, do you think it may have a worrying detrimental effect to our season to maybe even be the difference in challenging for the title this season or not?

I'd say on the evidence of today (only the third game in) without the depth we require to properly rotate an A and B team we may actually need 100% of our energy in the league if we want to properly challenge.

I suppose the bheasts have the same problem and struggled to beat Hamilton at home today also whereas we were away to the most physical team in the league. 

similiar points to note:

•when the tims got to Seville, we won the league.

•when we got to Manchester, they won the league.

•Chelsea had no European games in Conte's first year and won the league over teams being in the Champions League

I guess it's one of those ones, none the less it would be great to see some big teams and be in amongst  it at least in the Europa groups this season 

Personally thinking a title challenge is needed more than ever as we're running of out of years here so it's just a genuine concern to not give those c*nts another one

5 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

The squad we have isn’t capable of mounting a title challenge we need the Europa league money to free up some cash for another couple of quality additions

Could be argued that logic says we've improved and they've got worse - last year was only 9 points total but we lost loads of games, even at home to poor teams and that is unlikely to happen this season.

The OP is right. Rangers should always be in Europe, for reasons of history, status and financial. Getting back there is very important for the healing and strategy of the club. 

Reality of it is we make it harder for ourselves by spreading ourselves more thinly. But we just need to deal with it. Successful clubs are used to challenging on multiple fronts. It is life. 

1 hour ago, RosscoRFC87 said:

Bit premature but seeing signs already of being tired got me thinking.

The £7,000,000 and bears being back in Europe are obviously great for the club,

but the more we're in the Europa League, do you think it may have a worrying detrimental effect to our season to maybe even be the difference in challenging for the title this season or not?

I'd say on the evidence of today (only the third game in) without the depth we require to properly rotate an A and B team we may actually need 100% of our energy in the league if we want to properly challenge.

I suppose the bheasts have the same problem and struggled to beat Hamilton at home today also whereas we were away to the most physical team in the league. 

similiar points to note:

•when the tims got to Seville, we won the league.

•when we got to Manchester, they won the league.

•Chelsea had no European games in Conte's first year and won the league over teams being in the Champions League

I guess it's one of those ones, none the less it would be great to see some big teams and be in amongst  it at least in the Europa groups this season 

Personally thinking a title challenge is needed more than ever as we're running of out of years here so it's just a genuine concern to not give those c*nts another one

We have a new squad - new manager - and some fans that expect miracles. We need to compete in every game we play but we are still at least a season away from having a squad with the depth and quality  we need. 

14 minutes ago, gmcf said:

We've got to qualify for the group stages on Thursday , both for the financial gain and the success of actually making it . 

After that , I'd concentrate on the league . I think aiming for both may prove just too much for us right now , and of the two , the league is the most desirable and attainable . 

Would agree with this

48 minutes ago, RosscoRFC87 said:

Could be argued that logic says we've improved and they've got worse - last year was only 9 points total but we lost loads of games, even at home to poor teams and that is unlikely to happen this season.

Our wide players are pure and utter shite we’re relying far too heavily on Morelos and now Lafferty for goals,unless we get at least one wide player who can create and also chip in with 10-15 goals we’re not challenging 

This coming Sunday is the benchmark for all and this season, SG needs to show he has the better of rogers and we are better than them, failure to do so will be a most unwelcome turn of events after being confident last week of a result against them.

Just now, backup said:

This coming Sunday is the benchmark for all and this season, SG needs to show he has the better of rogers and we are better than them, failure to do so will be a most unwelcome turn of events after being confident last week of a result against them.

Fuck up. 

2 minutes ago, backup said:

better Rangers teams have went there and not came away with anything. 

stop talking out of your arse. 

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

better Rangers teams have went there and not came away with anything. 

stop talking out of your arse. 

Anything less than a point will be received very badly here by many of us, but not you perhaps.

Oh no, the detrimental effect of millions more pounds coming into the club? The detrimental effect of possibly being able to get better player/s in on Friday after qualification? The detrimental effect of testing ourselves against better teams. The detrimental effect of the rest of Europe seeing Rangers back?

How will we ever cope?

Iam hoping yesterday is a wake up call for Thursday and the rest of the season. Defending 1 goal leads for 45mins is a piece of fucking nonsense. Maybe yesterday had to happen for them to realise that it's a losers game. Always has been and always will be. If it changes that attitude then yesterday will have been worth it.