Detrimental effect being in Europa League to our title challenge

RosscoRFC87

Don't want to make excuses but we have looked tired the last two games. We have travelled to Macedonia, Croatia & Slovenia in less than 4 weeks.If you add in injuries and suspensions or an ineligible player, it is asking quite a lot for a thin squad still in the process of adding players. Just hoping they can find an extra gear this coming week until the schedule gets a little easier and we get some players fit again.

15 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Don't want to make excuses but we have looked tired the last two games. We have travelled to Macedonia, Croatia & Slovenia in less than 4 weeks.If you add in injuries and suspensions or an ineligible player, it is asking quite a lot for a thin squad still in the process of adding players. Just hoping they can find an extra gear this coming week until the schedule gets a little easier and we get some players fit again.

Absolutely - throw in the fact we've had to play the vast majority of two games with only 10 men, and I'm not surprised we're seeing these issues.

Success in Europe brings in finance and prestige in order to attract players. With the best will in the world I would be amazed if we actually get out the group stage. Add to that the other mob across the city will probably qualify for the group stages anyway - I don't see it being an issue.

We'll manage fine until Christmas. Our schedule has been ridiculous but it's down to the dogshit co-efficient making us start so early, we've had 3 games in 8 days for nearly a month now. Could argue we've been a bit unlucky with the draw as well. That settles down in the group stages, and they cunts will be in it too. 

I think we badly need the break that's coming up after Sunday, and in a way we should be counting our blessings that it's them we're playing as that game really will take care of itself. Coming out of this week unbeaten and in the group stages would be a fucking excellent start. From there get our legs back underneath us through the international break and get right in about this season.  

Getting into the group stage of EL and a good solid show against sellick, and we'll be back on top and brimming with positivity. 

I watched the Motherwell game finally, I found it worrying right enough. But I'm confident that our manager recognises the issues and has plans to rectify them. 

7 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

Getting into the group stage of EL and a good solid show against sellick, and we'll be back on top and brimming with positivity. 

I watched the Motherwell game finally, I found it worrying right enough. But I'm confident that our manager recognises the issues and has plans to rectify them. 

I suppose it's lucky he chose a different formation.

He can simply boost the players confidence by not playing it again any time soon and blame lack of practice for the players in each of their new roles within that failed formation.

Then again, we're still unbeaten, and we did come back from a goal behind twice in the motherwell game, we just lost our heads in the first half and were sucker-punched at the end.

I don't know if it's because of Sundays second half display or not but for some reason I don't feel as confident for Thursday now. I think they will be a lot better at home and on that synthetic surface. But hopefully we can score over in Russia and go through into the group stages.

On 27 Aug 2018 at 09:30, Creampuff said:

I get the point you’re making, but we definitely win the league if we don’t have that UEFA Cup run.

If actually been given fair treatment by the SFA, (no laughing in the cheap seats) even if not being spectacularly helped,  we had enough in that team to take the league even with the run to the final. We were severely fucked over.

On 27/08/2018 at 07:16, eejay the dj said:

We got knocked out with Progress

Look where that got us in the league 

For me a good European run will be amazing for confidence and prestige 

As long as we get to group stages 

We will be in the league race well after Christmas this season .No doubts 

Get to the group stage's and there's really nothing to lose, players should go in and express themselves and enjoy the experience.