Halliday & Gerrard

.Williamson.

People have said Halliday has bought into Gerrard. I'd also flip it and say Gerrard gets Halliday and what he can offer. 

Different in terms of ability but compare the different ways Advocaat and Le Guen handled Ferguson. Advocaat comes in, thinks this guy is young but is steeped in the traditions and ways of the Club and has a brilliant attitude and promotes him. Le Guen comes in and pretty much on day one says he doesn't really see the point of the Captain, and effectively loses the dressing room. 

Yes Halliday clearly relishes working with a legend like Gerrard and has dug out, but Gerrard sees his passion and his attitude and knows the benefit of having him around. Look, the last few games the guy has come in and played in 3 different positions with put a solid shift in. He's never going to be more than a squad player but that tonight is what being part of our Club is all about. He gets it and we get it. Proud of him and the Club tonight. 

Just look at the joy on the gaffers face, if anyone doubted his commitment you can fucking line up and say sorry now. He is loving this journey and even with shit refs is going with it and being professional.

Are we allowed to keep him for a few more years, like 20 or so?

Some of the comments about how Halliday's doing are becoming patronising now.

There's next to no ability there whatsoever in my opinion.

I do however accept what drlaudrup said above in terms of having him around the group for his passion and attitude, and I'm pleased for him. Just get Coulibaly back in, and Halliday back on the bench or in the stands supporting us from there asap.

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The criticism and let's be honest the  downright dogs abuse Halliday's received on here has been nothing short of disgraceful. 

Might not have been the best player for us the last couple of years but there's always been this fucking warped mantra on here that if there's one of our own playing for the team he's subject to more criticism than anycunt. 

Over the moon for Andy, he'll not be a first team player for us going forward but Gerrard clearly rates him, and that's good enough for me. 

I'm guilty of giving him hell for a long time and this is after loving him in the championship season.

I take it all back now and Andy forgives me

Don't you @AndyHalliday

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I'm guilty of giving him hell for a long time and this is after loving him in the championship season.

I take it all back now and Andy forgives me

Don't you @AndyHalliday

He was slated constantly yet Miller was fucking Steve Austin could no wrong. 

Poisonous. 

He's shown incredible strength of character over the last few years. He must have been aware sometimes  of the shit thrown he's way regardless of it being merited. Most players would seek a different challenge but  fair play he's stuck at it. Now   seeing under Gerald some vastly improved performances  has become a very useful utility player .  

I'm doing all I can to keep a lid on it till Sunday.
Steven Gerrard will mould every player he gets, into playing for the jersey.
SG will know he will get everything and more, that Andy Halliday is a blue nose from Copland Road, and as a kid was too busy thinking about playing for Rangers and living the dream,and will "empty the tank" on the park to play for him and Rangers.
That spell in outer Mongolia last season musta been fuckin hell for the guy( I know it was Gabala in Azerbaijan,but it might as well have been outer Mongolia as far as AH felt)
"Let's go" :UK:

8 hours ago, gogzy said:

You probably couldn't beat the smile off of hallidays face.

I'm quite emotional tonight tbh, it really feels like we are back now.

We are mate and were never gone just rudderless for a while.

Taigs know it we know it bring them.all on!

5 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Some of the comments about how Halliday's doing are becoming patronising now.

There's next to no ability there whatsoever in my opinion.

I do however accept what drlaudrup said above in terms of having him around the group for his passion and attitude, and I'm pleased for him. Just get Coulibaly back in, and Halliday back on the bench or in the stands supporting us from there asap.

You're letting your obvious feelings towards Andy cloud your vision. He has been solid the last few games, granted we have better options ahead of him but he's certainly not a bad squad player to have filling in.

8 hours ago, Amac9 said:

I wanted Halliday gone but every game he has played so far he's done well.

Credit to his attitude.

Same here tbh when docherty left I was puzzled to why andy was still hear but any game he has come into he hasnt let us down and I think that is down to the managment team.