Europa League expectations

Amato

Europe League Group: expectations?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Very tough draw. Where do you see us finishing in the group?

5 minutes ago, bluebovril said:

Villerreal are playing the night troops will probably 

Have a wee look on the net 

Might be able to gauge how good they are 

I dont think they are as good as they were. Spanish opposition always tough though. I will be disappointed if we cant get 2nd place. But the league title is priority so any progress in europe is a bonus

Think we will struggle, it's a real step up in class - Rapid are probably at our level at the moment. I'm going for a third place spot, with Villarreal running away with the group. Also, if we finish second then we get the CL drop outs - so it gets even tougher if we progress.

That said, doubt we all thought we would be in at this stage, so just going to enjoy the tournament - Europa has always been a decent competition at group stage, evenly matched sides and plenty of shocks all over -so who knows??

I think we can top this group on 12 points

9 points at home isn’t out the question and we can sneak a win in Vienna maybe even a result in Moscow to add to that.

I wouldn’t count us out in any of these games which makes this group a lot better than some of the ones we could’ve got 

I'm going for an optimistic 2nd... just feel it's a tough group but I don't think any of the other teams are as strong as they used to be.  In previous seasons they would've been in the champion's league but their squads look weaker now..... ?