Transfer window round up

KingKirk

I’m sure Ryan Hardie signed a one year deal with us and we immediately sent him on loan for the season so he should be down as on loan. 

Given the amount of comings and goings, it really has been a tremendous start and great to see the team gel so well so soon. Hopefully the momentum gathered so far continues on Sunday and we get better with time.

48 minutes ago, murzo said:

I’m sure Ryan Hardie signed a one year deal with us and we immediately sent him on loan for the season so he should be down as on loan. 

Given the amount of comings and goings, it really has been a tremendous start and great to see the team gel so well so soon. Hopefully the momentum gathered so far continues on Sunday and we get better with time.

You're right bud, I was coming in to post that?

7 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Impressive but that list of players out is sickening. Not because they're gone but because we signed them in the first place

12 of the ‘out’ list are only out on loan, as well - almost half the list!

8 minutes ago, HG5 said:

12 of the ‘out’ list are only out on loan, as well - almost half the list!

That's a potential issue for next summer as we still need to get rid of those guys. Potentially a big issue.

Looking at the list you would say a little more quality still needed middle to front. 

But the major difference is it's maybe like 1 midfielder, another wide option and a possibly a striker option. 3 players rather than a whole squad.

Great window and hopefully going forward it's the finishing touches in January and next summer. 

It’s not all about buying and selling

The loanees out, also have been handled brilliantly. Give these guys a shop window away from the club and hopefully the majority will be off the books at the end of the season. It’s a very important long term strategy which looks to have been handled with complete aplomb 

Well done all involved 

21 minutes ago, gruggs said:

That's a potential issue for next summer as we still need to get rid of those guys. Potentially a big issue.

Looking at the list you would say a little more quality still needed middle to front. 

But the major difference is it's maybe like 1 midfielder, another wide option and a possibly a striker option. 3 players rather than a whole squad.

Great window and hopefully going forward it's the finishing touches in January and next summer. 

Yes - hopefully be able to add fewer, better quality players in future windows, without the wholesale clear-outs?

Incredible turnaround of players since may. Knew it was a lot but when you see it written down it really brings home the amount of players that didnt have the required quality to wear a Rangers jersey. Now though different kettle of fish and after a few false dawns we are finally getting back to where we belong.

It hasn't been perfect as we still have a few on the books that need to leave permanently, but MA and the management team have done a great job and given us some real hope that we can have a successful season. The difference in overall quality of the squad is remarkable. Tomorrow should give us a clearer indication of what we might be able to do this season. 

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

The board and manager need massive respect for the job done amazing effort 

IN (14)

Goalkeepers (1)
Allan McGregor

Defenders (5)
Jon Flanagan
Connor Goldson
Nikola Katic
Borna Barisic
Joe Worrall (loan)

Midfielders (4)
Scott Arfield
Jamie Murphy

Lassana Coulibaly (loan)
Ovie Ejaria (loan)

Forwards(4)
Eros Grezda
Kyle Lafferty
Umar Sadiq (loan)
Ryan Kent (loan)

OUT

Goalkeepers (3)
Liam Kelly
Jak Alnwick (on loan)
Kieran Wright (on loan)

Defenders (7)
Bruno Alves
Fabio Cardoso
David Bates
Declan John
Russell Martin (loan ended)
Lee Hodson (on loan)
Scott Gray (on loan)

Midfielders (9)
Harry Forrester
Jordan Thompson
Sean Goss (loan ended)
Dalcio (loan ended)
Carlos Pena (on loan)
Jason Holt (on loan)
Greg Docherty (on loan)
Jamie Barjonas (on loan)
Liam Burt (on loan)

Forwards (8)
Michael O’Halloran
Kenny Miller
Josh Windass
Ryan Hardie
Jason Cummings (loan ended)
Eduardo Herrera (on loan)
Joe Dodoo (on loan)
Zak Rudden (on loan)

Good post we got rid off a lot of deadwood.

I would still of liked to of seen Jason Cummings in the squad. Thought he had something to offer.

I don’t for 1 second doubt SG and MA hats off to them what a transfer window we have had. Total trust to them for the team they have assembled ?

for once I am actually looking forward to tomorrow game ??

4 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I know its 14 new players in but it kinda feels like 15 with Ryan Jack....in truth we didn't see much of him last season but what we did see most would be in agreement that he wasn't good enough...... look at him now its actually hard to think of a line up without Jack in it,  for me he is like a new signing

Wee Morelos as well - think most of us had had enough of him near the end of last season - looks a much better player under Stevie and to be honest his 2 red cards (as much as he gave the ref a decision to make) were a fuckn joke.