Light at the end of the tunnel

Bazza

THOMAS BUFFEL has admitted he is feeling great after his latest trip to Belgium and will return to full training in the very near future.

The playmaker has been out of action since February 21 after undergoing knee surgery but as he approaches the end of his rehabilitation programme is raring to go.

Walter Smith revealed recently that he believes Buffel can be a key player for the side this season and is eager for the 26-year-old to get back to his best.

Thomas Buffel

As far as Thomas is concerned that is now only weeks away and he is looking forward to linking up with his team mates as soon as possible.

He told rangers.co.uk: "I've been back out on the pitch for over two weeks now and it's going very well.

"It has been a difficult period for me because obviously I want to play as much as possible.

"But I took the decision to have the operation so that I can become a better player, so I knew I would have to be patient during my recovery.

"The prognosis was five or six months out and now I am almost finished I can't wait to get started.

"My knees feel fantastic and I can move much more freely.

"It's great to be back at Murray Park again because I spent some time at a clinic in Belgium over the summer.

"Sometimes it's better to be away from my normal surroundings because it keeps things interesting and stops me getting fed up.

"It's hard to watch the other guys training and playing every week, so going away helped me stay focused.

"It's great to be back now, however, because I know I am going to be part of things again very soon.

"The most important thing for me is to be fit and thereafter I want to get back into top form.

"My target is to join the first team squad and play some Reserve team games. If that goes well then I can push myself forward for selection by the manager."

(for the lazy :harhar: )

I hope so - if we dont add any more names during this window i would like us to go with...

------------McGregor-------------

Hutton...Cuellar--Weir---Smith

------Fergie-----Thommo--------

--JCD/LM----Buffel------Beasley/Gow

--------------Boydie--------------

Still leaves plenty of options - and i really feel that is the position best suited to TB, if he were to get a run there i think he would change a few opinions of him.

Why are people so supportive of Buffel in comparison to other players ? I can only think it's because he is the 'style' of player that fans want to see, rather than actually having produced the performances people want to see over the last 2 and a half years.

Every pre-season, we get the same thing. Buffel brilliant pre-season, this is his year, this time he'll shine.....but he never does.

Bring him on at Ibrox when we're a couple of goals up, and he'll put on a show...........start him at Pittodrie and he'll go missing.

He's not a big guy, but he needs to show more heart and determination. He'll never get time and space on the ball in the SPL, and so far he has failed to adapt to the physical side of the Scottish game.

Personally, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if Buffel left the club tomorrow. He's been here TWO AND A HALF YEARS for goodness sake. We can't wait any longer for him to produce. If a decent offer came in, we should accept it. If it doesn't, he'll hang around as a squad player. I would honestly rather see the likes of Novo in the team. He's contributed much more during his time at the club.

Why are people so supportive of Buffel in comparison to other players ? I can only think it's because he is the 'style' of player that fans want to see, rather than actually having produced the performances people want to see over the last 2 and a half years.

Every pre-season, we get the same thing. Buffel brilliant pre-season, this is his year, this time he'll shine.....but he never does.

Bring him on at Ibrox when we're a couple of goals up, and he'll put on a show...........start him at Pittodrie and he'll go missing.

He's not a big guy, but he needs to show more heart and determination. He'll never get time and space on the ball in the SPL, and so far he has failed to adapt to the physical side of the Scottish game.

Personally, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if Buffel left the club tomorrow. He's been here TWO AND A HALF YEARS for goodness sake. We can't wait any longer for him to produce. If a decent offer came in, we should accept it. If it doesn't, he'll hang around as a squad player. I would honestly rather see the likes of Novo in the team. He's contributed much more during his time at the club.

(tu)

cannot argue with any of that, I have been guilty of building him up every pre season only for him to show nothing. He has had his chance. He should get to buggery and we should spend his considerable wage on someone else.

Buffel is one of the most talented players at the club at a time when, sadly, we don't have the talent we once had. We shpuld all get right behind him.

It's amazing how everyone screams for a talented player and when we get one he gets a doin cos he is a bit lightweight.Sebo gets all the support he needs.

Buffel is a striker first and foremost.........not a left winger or right winger where he was played under Eck and then Le Guen.

Put him behind JC and Boyd or next to 1 of them and we shall see him shine...

Why are people so supportive of Buffel ...

WHIT!?

He's the single most vilifed player we have!

I think Naebawhair is saying that we usually at this time of year,rub our hands together and say,Buffell has so much talent,surely he's going to turn it on this

season.Then the big let down. :unsure:

Buffel is one of the most talented players at the club at a time when, sadly, we don't have the talent we once had. We shpuld all get right behind him.

It's amazing how everyone screams for a talented player and when we get one he gets a doin cos he is a bit lightweight.Sebo gets all the support he needs.

Buffel is a striker first and foremost.........not a left winger or right winger where he was played under Eck and then Le Guen.

Put him behind JC and Boyd or next to 1 of them and we shall see him shine...

Agreed (tu)

I support him every year because he has the ability but never the chance to play in his favoured position. A fucking blind man can see he is the type to play in behind the striker - and every year i hope he gets that chance.

He's been given the chance to play behind the striker though, and hasn't delivered, apart from a short spell playing with Lovenkrands.

Off the top of my head, Aberdeen at home last season, 1-0 with Sebo getting the late winner, for example. Buffel was absolutely rotten in that match.

Players such as Hemdani and Novo were asked to play out of position last year, but both gave their all and managed to contribute postively. Buffel should be giving a higher level of performance than he is, even if played out of position.

He's been given the chance to play behind the striker though, and hasn't delivered, apart from a short spell playing with Lovenkrands.

He's never been given a run there tho - and confidence is what he needs, that would come with an extended run in his best position.

Off the top of my head, Aberdeen at home last season, 1-0 with Sebo getting the late winner, for example. Buffel was absolutely rotten in that match.

I could give you an example of an absolute shocker from every single player in our team - over the last few years - they have all had them. :rolleyes:

Players such as Hemdani and Novo were asked to play out of position last year, but both gave their all and managed to contribute postively. Buffel should be giving a higher level of performance than he is, even if played out of position.

Not without criticism - they both came under fire throughout the season, allbeit undeserving criticism.

Tam has shown glimpses of what he can do, but i believe its only with a run in his favoured slot, and injury-free will we ever see the best in him.

If he doesnt at least get that, then we are as much to blame for his inconsistancies as he is.

Thomas Buffel is nudging closer to a first-team comeback. The 26-year-old former Feyenoord player has been out of action since undergoing knee surgery in February and has had barely any opportunity to impress new manager Walter Smith.

Smith is prepared to give Buffel the chance to impress in the coming season though, and he should soon be available.

Buffel said: "The prognosis was five or six months out and now I am almost finished I can't wait to get started.

"My knees feel fantastic and I can move much more freely." He added: "My target is to join the first-team squad and play some reserve-team games. If that goes well then I can push myself forward for selection by the manager."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...amp;ito=newsnow

So where will he play?

We've all seen that he's a decent enough player but he's far to inconsistent t and lightweight. I just don't see him getting a game this season.

He really should leave imo.

Spot on bro!