Answers please Steven Gerrard

Prso's headband

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

De ja vu on here, new manager, new side, give it time.

Boring as fuck and same old repetitive shit.

I appreciate and understand  some of the excuses being put forward but I don't see why the manager is allowed a pass today either.

Just now, In walter we trust said:

Did anyone see the players and manager at 2am , they looked knackered . Then playing an old firm game at 12 noon A few days later ? Bit of realism here. Qualifying for Europe brings in a huge amount of cash that we need .

We were abysmal from the start. Fatigue isn't an issue then. And even if we were fatigued, why is Gerrard leaving it until the 80th minute to make a sub? 

16 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We lost an away game to them 1-0 after a massive away trip in europe where we played a big chunk of the match down to 9 men.

Im not losing much sleep over this.

That and the fact we are very early into the season with a team that started today with 8 new signings means I’ll be the same. 

15 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We lost an away game to them 1-0 after a massive away trip in europe where we played a big chunk of the match down to 9 men.

Im not losing much sleep over this.

There's a long way to go in the season of course, but that game has set the tone.

The scum were beginning to come under incredible pressure after a terrible start to the season for them and poor transfer window.

It's not necessarily the loss that's the problem, it's the fact they've dominated the game the way they did.

Would have been pivotal for us to win that and we fucked it.

3 minutes ago, In walter we trust said:

Did anyone see the players and manager at 2am , they looked knackered . Then playing an old firm game at 12 noon A few days later ? Bit of realism here. Qualifying for Europe brings in a huge amount of cash that we need .

It’s that cash that will hopefully mean we can add a few bits of real quality that will eventually topple those cunts.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

De ja vu on here, new manager, new side, give it time.

Boring as fuck and same old repetitive shit.

I'm still optimistic with Gerrard going forward I think he's earned that with what we've done in Europe 

But many are already getting themselves into a position where he can't be questioned, thread here was having him being chased for all of Europe's biggest job's already a couple of weeks ago 

If Gerrard honestly thinks that the way that team was set up to play against them was acceptable, then I’m sorry, but he does not understand this club as much as he says he does. 

For those who say Walter was set up similar, bullshit. 

At least Walters teams would attack them on the counter, that first half we done nothing. 

Second half was terrible also. 

For me, our performances as a whole, compared to the first couple of games, have went backwards. We’ve moved forward a little from last year, but we seem to have dipped in the last 3/4 games.

Not good enough. If we continue like this, Gerrard will be under immense pressure come Christmas.

I think we have to be realistic here where we're carrying a couple of knocks in the midfield area and, with the personnel we had available and coming back rom Russia, he picked a team and formation that were set out to repeat what we've done in Europe, sit back and try and take chances when they arise; certainly not dominate.  We press high when we're fresh, we weren't fresh today. 

Unfortunately, some players don't realise winning an OF game isn't always about silky skill or lovely intricate moves. It's about a will to win, a clenched fist to the rest of the team when you're against it to gee them up for that extra 10% that gets us over the line. Our captain simply doesn't do that as evidenced by his own jogging back when they attack and still pick a RB that can't fucking defend. By no means am I singling him out because Ejaria completely lost Ntcham for their goal.

Apart from his shot at goal, i feel we kept Forrest quiet, their turncoat McGregor was anonymous, Edouard did nothing, the thumb thinks he's a wee hardman (combover is a fucking riddy) but offered little and Rogic had a quiet game too. They got the ball wide to Tierney in advanced positions and Ntcham made them click. We all know Lustig sits and Brown covers the altar boy's runs forward so why Kent played to cover that is poor for me. We had a solid base with the defence, except Tav, but didn't get on the ball at all in the middle. The two up top did fuck all and got no decent service. We need much better middle to front. 

23 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Far from an embarrassment,the players are clearly knackered after battling like lions on Thursday. 

We'll beat them at Ibrox. 

Definitely think this had a major impact on the game plan and play, Ejaria looked out on his feet, I for one look forward to bringing them back to Ibrox...

Thursday night beat us today.

3 or 4 / 10 all over the park and the 2 centre halfs have looked fucked for a few games now

Disappointed in Barasic,he never played Thursday but got dragged down to the level of the rest.

Ejaria looked a shadow of himself

We never had the energy to press high up the park.

We need this 2 weeks break

37 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I am genuinely liking him, but if that’s Murty/Warburton/Caixinha they’re fucking slaughtered.

If that was Murty, Warburton or Caixinha, we wouldn't be in the group stages of the Europa league.

The players played a tough game on Thursday in Russia with 9 men, so tired performances were expected.

My only criticism would be that the set up of the team was mixed up.  He picked the wrong players for the type of game he wanted to play and didn't make substitutions when it was clear his plan wasn't working.  However he's new to the job and has earned more time than some are giving him through the performances in Europe.