Jump to content

Answers please Steven Gerrard


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Not going to hang him out to dry or anything.

But after trying to defend a lead for 45 against Motherwell and then defend for 90 against them after all this pressing nonsense. Wheres the learning he was supposed to have done after the Motherwell game? 

An embarrassment 

You are a cunt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We lost an away game to them 1-0 after a massive away trip in europe where we played a big chunk of the match down to 9 men. Im not losing much sleep over this.

Far from an embarrassment,the players are clearly knackered after battling like lions on Thursday.  We'll beat them at Ibrox. 

Some of the comments here are ridiculous.  Far more organised than we have been for years, and we were the better team in the second half.  People expecting us to bulldoze over them need a r

32 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

When pressured high up the park and when you’re in their face constantly-  c3lt!c are very vulnerable 

pity that’s not how we decided to play them today 

Sending those players out to play that game at Parkhead less than 72 hours after playing with 9 in the arse end of Russia would have been bonkers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The managers cost us this game today. I said it at the start. No way lafferty should have been playing . It should have been candeias on the right and kent on the left. Thats the first mistake. The second mistake is the way we played. The first half was embarassing. As a team we are good enough to go to parkhead and play football. If you play the way we did in the first half then its just a matter of time before celtic score. Not good enough stevie

eejay the dj likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cascadeshrimp said:

Thursday night beat us today.

3 or 4 / 10 all over the park and the 2 centre halfs have looked fucked for a few games now

Disappointed in Barasic,he never played Thursday but got dragged down to the level of the rest.

Ejaria looked a shadow of himself

We never had the energy to press high up the park.

We need this 2 weeks break

 

I agree the biggest disappointment was Barisic today. He should have been fresher than the rest.. but Arfield & Ejaria  & others looked poor today. Better teams we have had in the past lost at Septic Park so i am not too worried just yet. Subs.? I thought Tav was poor esp first half and fully expected Candias to appear 2nd half to support him. Or bring Flannigan on & put Tav further forward. Yes we looked jaded but that makes it all the more difficult to understand the lack of subs.

 

 

eejay the dj likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shaka said:

If that was Murty, Warburton or Caixinha, we wouldn't be in the group stages of the Europa league.

The players played a tough game on Thursday in Russia with 9 men, so tired performances were expected.

My only criticism would be that the set up of the team was mixed up.  He picked the wrong players for the type of game he wanted to play and didn't make substitutions when it was clear his plan wasn't working.  However he's new to the job and has earned more time than some are giving him through the performances in Europe.

There's a lot in that eg you don't want to be sitting in and defending with Tav as one of your defenders. You're xposing Tav and preventing him doing what he's good at. The midfield being lightweight only adds to the problem.We play Lafferty and Morelos yet we were set up to defend. Little sense in it imo.

There was little aggression from us today, far less ideas, but the back line earned their corn. Couldn't blame them for our defeat. Tactics just all wrong for the players we set up with.

shaka and Aubie92 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gkb10127 said:

The managers cost us this game today. I said it at the start. No way lafferty should have been playing . It should have been candeias on the right and kent on the left. Thats the first mistake. The second mistake is the way we played. The first half was embarassing. As a team we are good enough to go to parkhead and play football. If you play the way we did in the first half then its just a matter of time before celtic score. Not good enough stevie

missed a trick not giving you the job

BridgeIsBlue likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

“If we’d have lost to a moment of class or brilliance, I’d handle it but the referee has cost us”

 

Our manager has giving his answer and I for one agree wholeheartedly with this. The Gerrard revolution also needs to call out the cowardly referees we have in Scotland that are easily swayed by a corrupt fenian media. It starts now!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gkb10127 said:

The managers cost us this game today. I said it at the start. No way lafferty should have been playing . It should have been candeias on the right and kent on the left. Thats the first mistake. The second mistake is the way we played. The first half was embarassing. As a team we are good enough to go to parkhead and play football. If you play the way we did in the first half then its just a matter of time before celtic score. Not good enough stevie

Cheers for that Pep ?

bluedylan likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

That's harsh mate . Surely he is entitled to that opinion 

For some reason Gerrard is not to be criticised  on here. He fucked up badly against Motherwell and never learned and done the same thing today. Any other manager that won 5 points out of a possible 12 in the first 4 games would get fuckin slaughtered on here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

“If we’d have lost to a moment of class or brilliance, I’d handle it but the referee has cost us”

 

Our manager has giving his answer and I for one agree wholeheartedly with this. The Gerrard revolution also needs to call out the cowardly referees we have in Scotland that are easily swayed by a corrupt fenian media. It starts now!

Mate I've started the referees / officials conspiracy thread on here so I get your view on them.

But today he didn't give a foul on the edge of their box, didn't book a player for diving, and I'd say gave them a few shitty free kicks of the type that we didn't get.

If you think that cost us anywhere near as much as us playing rank individually and collectively, losing individual battles, having minimal possession, failing to press or hit on break, being awful at passing & possession and crossing, appearing to lack energy and motivation, seemingly overly nervous, subs offering nothing improved, failing to create many chances, etc...... then you really need to watch the game back for clarification.

 

HG5 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If you think that cost us anywhere near as much as us playing rank individually and collectively, losing individual battles, having minimal possession, failing to press or hit on break, being awful at passing & possession and crossing, appearing to lack energy and motivation, seemingly overly nervous, subs offering nothing improved, failing to create many chances, etc...... then you really need to watch the game back for clarification.

McGregor was told to hit it long to Lafferty who was standing next to Lustig.  If the long ball to Lafferty doesn't work and it's the only trick we've got, then no we're not going to create many chances.  Poor distribution from the back due to the long kicks from McGregor will have a huge impact on our possession as we're just giving it away time, and time again.  Also, I don't think we were pressing today in the same way as other matches.  It looked as if the team was told to sit back and soak up pressure rather than sit high up the part and press their back line as we know we can.  There was obviously a game plan but it never worked.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

There's a lot in that eg you don't want to be sitting in and defending with Tav as one of your defenders. You're xposing Tav and preventing him doing what he's good at. The midfield being lightweight only adds to the problem.We play Lafferty and Morelos yet we were set up to defend. Little sense in it imo.

There was little aggression from us today, far less ideas, but the back line earned their corn. Couldn't blame them for our defeat. Tactics just all wrong for the players we set up with.

Coulibaly and Grezda being available would hopefully have made a difference in the midfield being lightweight and how we set up; would have allowed Ejaria and Lafferty or Morelos to start from the bench and be an option to be brought on to change the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TMB said:

McGregor was told to hit it long to Lafferty who was standing next to Lustig.  If the long ball to Lafferty doesn't work and it's the only trick we've got, then no we're not going to create many chances.  Poor distribution from the back due to the long kicks from McGregor will have a huge impact on our possession as we're just giving it away time, and time again.  Also, I don't think we were pressing today in the same way as other matches.  It looked as if the team was told to sit back and soak up pressure rather than sit high up the part and press their back line as we know we can.  There was obviously a game plan but it never worked.  

We were so deep that even if Laff won the ball no one was even close to pick it up and don’t even think about trying to win the second ball. 

You cant sit off these cunts but we do it time after time after time. 

sassaaaa likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 21 April 2021 18:00 Until 20:00
      0  
      St. Johnstone v Rangers
      McDiarmid Park
      Scottish Premiership

×
×
  • Create New...