We’re still scared of them

GOAT

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

This, but how else can we set up? we're still predictable, just as we have been since Warburton was in charge. Tactically, i have no clue what we were doing today and we are not equipped to grind out a win with Morelos and Lafferty. 

Barisic was a big let down today, defense were in disarray and we barely got a ball up to the final third. The only saving grace is that it was the first OF for 6 players, hopefully in the next one they know the pace of the game and step up. 

Well we were way too deep for a start and almost looked the game plan was not to have the ball and forget about scoring. The whole tactical setup today was wrong. We needed to press from the front and take the game to them. Not let them dominate possession. We were lucky to not have conceded way before we did. 

This league is going to the wire this season. I genuinely believe that. 

Today was a bad performance no question. But some of our debutants have never in their life experienced what they did today. 

We are on an upward trajectory and the learning curve is part of the process. 

Their fans stayed in the ground and celebrated like it was the last old form of the season not the first. They know the gaps closing and we will get better this season, they will not. We are 17 new players. They are 2. They are at their best we are only gonna get better 

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

Well we were way too deep for a start and almost looked the game plan was not to have the ball and forget about scoring. The whole tactical setup today was wrong. We needed to press from the front and take the game to them. Not let them dominate possession. We were lucky to not have conceded way before we did. 

Agreed about sitting deep but if we went forward to early i imagine we'd have suffered more than a 1 - 0 defeat. We lost the ball countless times at stupid fucking areas in the park, our own players couldn't deal with being pressed. But they can't deal with being pressured either, it's about finding a balance and we were nowhere near doing that until the 70th for ten minutes or so.

We played like a diddy team today, parking the bus and hoping to not get humiliated again. 

And once again it didn't work as we just stood there and let their midfield completely dominate the middle of the park. 

The more things change, the more they stay the same. 

Just now, bombaybadboy08 said:

Based on what I’ve witnessed in other games. We were too soft today, the gaffer isn’t daft.

I expect a change at Ibrox.

People keep saying things along those lines but what was our setup today, if it wasn't "daft"?

He sat in his bench like a little boy lost, watching more inspid shit. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Agreed about sitting deep but if we went forward to early i imagine we'd have suffered more than a 1 - 0 defeat. We lost the ball countless times at stupid fucking areas in the park, our own players couldn't deal with being pressed. But they can't deal with being pressured either, it's about finding a balance and we were nowhere near doing that until the 70th for ten minutes or so.

I know what you mean mate but there’s no way we’d have been under anywhere near as pressure as we were I’d we’d have really gone after them. We have to remember they’re not great. I think we’ve got enough quality now even to go there and actually play them at football rather than setting up to nick a point. For what it’s worth - I don’t think the players would have been happy with that approach today either but that’s just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Based on what I’ve witnessed in other games. We were too soft today, the gaffer isn’t daft.

I expect a change at Ibrox.

with that bench today, i couldn't see many options and with a few tough games in between now and the next OF , including Europe we may be laden with injuries before then.  Like i say mate, i''m hopeful but there's nothing i've seen so far to say that we should be confident of owning them at home. 

12 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Just an off day, we will beat them at Ibrox.

We keep saying that and it keeps not happening - I really hope SG's a fast learner. I genuinely admire your optimism, but it feels like we're stuck in Groundhog Day whenever we play them now.

Most that team hadn't experienced that before . Think the idea was to give little away that first half to let them find their feet and be more adventurous the second . I really don't think there was much between the teams that second half . It's work in progress and there's certainly been a marked improvement from the last few managers visits there . 

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

with that bench today, i couldn't see many options and with a few tough games in between now and the next OF , including Europe we may be laden with injuries before then.  Like i say mate, i''m hopeful but there's nothing i've seen so far to say that we should be confident of owning them at home. 

Agree with that regarding the bench, that Albanian boy will give us a wee but extra but tbh I wanted another out and out striker.

Just now, Bluenose1986 said:

And why? 

Camping on our 18 yard line and punting it away for them to come again isn’t exactly standing up to them. 

I agree - we were never going to hold onto a clean sheet playing like that for 90. It surprises me that he’d go there and do that.