We’re still scared of them

GOAT

7 hours ago, gsa said:

Manager shat it. Cowardly set up and performance. Embarrassed himself in front of his watching peers and embarrassed the club. 

We're scared of celtic, we stand off them and admire them. 

Fucking tragic that the only manager in this country, ours included, who isn't cowed by the celtic myth, is Craig Levein.

Post of the day.?

3 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Can’t underestimate this. Certain players, who played today, had to be treated for severe dehydration after the game in Russia. They were running on empty & today proved to be a step too far sadly. 

That being said, thought our set up was all wrong from the start & things weren’t changed quickly enough. 

Ejaria then fails to bring rogic down of track Ntcham. That’s what happens when you have a development player playing. If that’s Jack/Arfield/Coulibaly/Dorrans Rogic is brought down and they take the yellow card. 

Our next run of fixtures are all very winnable. Time to revisit then.

Jack only makes stupid fouls that cost us. He doesn't have the nous to do what you're suggesting. Dorrans can't actually get close enough to anyone to make a foul. 

Coulibaly and Rossiter are our only centre midfielders who are good enough and god knows if/when Rossiter will even play. 

I do generally take your point about playing developing players and also the dehydration issue. I wasn't aware of that. Strange that it got to that stage though, if I was Gerrard I'd be asking question on that though. Athletes should never get to that stage of dehydration. 

12 hours ago, GOAT said:

That simple and until the day we’re not they will just keep beating us.  Embarrassing performance 

Beat before we even stepped foot on their stinking park.

When it comes to them we have a worryingly entrenched losing mentality.

13 minutes ago, Sket said:

Beat before we even stepped foot on their stinking park.

When it comes to them we have a worryingly entrenched losing mentality.

Hope to fuck we sneak a win against them at some point (hopefully the League Cup as it's earlier in the season). Don't care how, even if we're fucking shite and still get a 2-1 or 1-0 I'd be happy, as it would get rid of that fear.

13 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Hope to fuck we sneak a win against them at some point (hopefully the League Cup as it's earlier in the season). Don't care how, even if we're fucking shite and still get a 2-1 or 1-0 I'd be happy, as it would get rid of that fear.

I can't see it. When we face them we are impotent. 

I could not believe the way we set up that first half and we could not string two passes together. Hopefully the next time we play those cunts we have a real go at them. I know they are a better team than we are at the moment but there is no excuse for a performance like that from any player that wears the Rangers colours. Stevie g and the players need to learn from thier last two games that we as supporters will not accept players not trying 100 per cent in every game they play for the Rangers.

Just now, fanaticCR said:

Their players fucking hate everything about our club.

Majority of our players couldn’t care less and are no where near up for it enough.

Fucking pains me to say it but compare and contrast to Naismith against them a few weeks ago.

He treats them with the contempt they deserve.

Even tarriers like Mcginn and Mcgeough got fucked right in about them.

We have a lot of players who will do better in European games like Ejaria when they get time to play they need time on the ball if they are pressured they struggle and never get into the game. 

Morelos should have been on the bench or Lafferty to play the way Gerrard set up it had to be with one man staying up Lafferty is good against them Morelos looks lost against them again so Lafferty would have been the one up front for me.

7 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Surely at some point they've got to have a shite game against us, just hope to fuck we take the opportunity if it comes.

They’ve had 2 below par - both times we nicked draws & arguably could have won.

Whatever else we think of him, Brenda’s ability to get that lot firing on all cylinders, much more often than not, is worth taking note of.

14 minutes ago, Smile said:

We have a lot of players who will do better in European games like Ejaria when they get time to play they need time on the ball if they are pressured they struggle and never get into the game. 

Morelos should have been on the bench or Lafferty to play the way Gerrard set up it had to be with one man staying up Lafferty is good against them Morelos looks lost against them again so Lafferty would have been the one up front for me.

That was as disappointing an aspect as any - complete inability to retain the odd scraps of possession when we got them, be that by finding a teammate or even just taking the ball for a walk to relieve a bit of pressure.

10 minutes ago, minstral said:

Anyone who thinks our manager was scared of them is deluded, he has played and won at far more hostile places than that shithole. He got it wrong by sitting back and let them have the ball,  he will come good and get us back to the top.

Yup. May not be this season though.

We definitely missed a physical presence in midfield (Coulibaly) and still lack that top quality player, but that aside we just didn’t press them in the middle at all. We only pressed when the ball was deep in our half and tierney (for eg.) was well into his attacking runs. I know it may have been a game plan after Thursday...but this is celtic at celtic Park. To win these games celtic need to be attacked and pressed in their half. Give them all the time in the world and Forrest and tierney will make runs all day for their midfield to ping balls into channels and pummel our box. A goal was always coming.

Every team that has beaten this (very ordinary imo) celtic team have taken the game to them. Hearts/any decent European opponent for eg. It was disappointing yesterday, the only plus being that we genuinely  looked more solid defensively. Hope the approach changes after yesterday. 

Pressing is easier said than done, especially when 9 of our players ran their socks off on Thursday. It could've taken some momentum out of their play initially, but I think after half an hour they would've killed us off. Gerrard took the blame, but in reality he had no choice.

I still think we lack some steel throughout the team. We do look harder to beat defence wise but still need to be more physical.also we are still too soft in midfield and forward areas as I think has been proven in the games against Motherwell and the scum. I know coulibaly is still to come back from injury but we need more than him and we need to stop other teams bullying us. but  we definitely need more creativity in midfield.  I have faith in the manager to sort this out there's still a long season ahead with a lot of points to be won.

1 minute ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I still think we lack some steel throughout the team. We do look harder to beat defence wise but still need to be more physical.also we are still too soft in midfield and forward areas as I think has been proven in the games against Motherwell and the scum. I know coulibaly is still to come back from injury but we need more than him and we need to stop other teams bullying us. but  we definitely need more creativity in midfield.  I have faith in the manager to sort this out there's still a long season ahead with a lot of points to be won.

I also think Brenda's team are not unbeatable if Hearts can do it a few other teams will be up for it as well  so they will loss point with a few draws depending on the ref ?

We just need to get over the hurdle and get that win once that happens they will wobble as there fans will turn on them .

16 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I think he will look to rectify this in the next 2 windows. Europa league money should help to go out and get some quality.

Priority for this window was sorting out the defensive issues by investing heavily there.

19 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

We just need to get over the hurdle and get that win once that happens they will wobble as there fans will turn on them .

I think your right and getting over that hurdle will be huge for us.

There fanbase will go mental once the 1st old firm defeat comes. They honestly think they are untouchable. Sunday didn't help change that opinion. But I'm hopeful the gaffer gets it right on the next meeting be that Ibrox in December or cup match at Hampden.