Next Four Games

BridgeIsBlue

5 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

He's obviously worked with Ejaria and Kent before and with them both coming from the club he knows so much about I imagine he'll be keeping a lot of faith in them rightly or wrongly 

Indeed - and I can see it panning out as you suggest.

He maybe should know, though, they aren’t yet ready for the intensity of this fixture.

Not to say they won’t ever be, but keeping both on as long as he did, didn’t do them or us any favours.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Obviously talking about league games. 

I know that but the factor we never had last year was Euro games when we where talking about the next 3 or 4 games and how many points.

Hearts will be difficult as there is a reason they are top.

7 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Indeed - and I can see it panning out as you suggest.

He maybe should know, though, they aren’t yet ready for the intensity of this fixture.

Not to say they won’t ever be, but keeping both on as long as he did, didn’t do them or us any favours.

I hope it won't be that way anyway especially when we have players back from injury and Grezda to come in as well.

Happy to have them in the squad and I know Gerrard wouldn't have asked Liverpool to loan them if they weren't going to get game time but they're young and over doing it may not help us or them 

46 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Gerrard needs to lose his fascination with Kent & Ejaria sharpish.

We know they’re both capable of good flashes, but that’s all they’ve provided so far.

The video of Ntcham streaking in to score, while Ejaria hasn’t a clue what’s going on around him, is disgraceful.

Maybe there’s some sort of arrangement with Liverpool that Kent and Ejaria have to feature in games when fit?

27 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Maybe there’s some sort of arrangement with Liverpool that Kent and Ejaria have to feature in games when fit?

I read something out the Liverpool Echo ( perhaps on here ) that that is the case . I'm sure there'll be some kind of leeway though ,  given their age . 

1 hour ago, EatDolphins said:

I'm not claiming to know who we'll drop points to and how many. I'm saying that no matter who we're up against we won't take 12 points from 12. Simple as that. We could beat hearts 3 nil one week and lose to Livingston the next. We're horribly inconsistent and simply not strong enough to put together runs. 

So we won't lose 6 points or more, that was an exaggeration. That's fair enough.

We've been strong enough to go until today unbeaten which is impressive given we're a brand new team and considering sending off etc.

We're not horribly inconsistent, we're still finding ourselves. 2 weeks off, hopefully our best player back in the midfield role, and plenty work on the training ground for those still here will help no end. As will additional options like Grezda, hopefully one day Rossiter.

I even despite how poor we were think folk under estimate the strength of the scum in a footballing sense, and the robustness of Motherwell last week in a purely physical sense. Imo no team play nearly as good as the scum or as physically as Motherwell.

So if we're assuming if we play as bad as we have done then you'll also be assuming a team will play as well as Scum do to beat us? Or as physically as Motherwell to draw with us? Of course not.

I'm not saying we can't or won't drop points, I'm saying that your suggestion of 6 plus points is a knee jerk reaction which is unlikely, and one you've rightly not been able to really justify since you posted it.

42 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Perhaps - but I hope not!

I’m sure we can give them plenty of game time & I’m not averse to that.

I do feel they weren’t ready to be mainstays of this new team’s first trip to the sty.

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

Gerrard needs to lose his fascination with Kent & Ejaria sharpish.

We know they’re both capable of good flashes, but that’s all they’ve provided so far.

The video of Ntcham streaking in to score, while Ejaria hasn’t a clue what’s going on around him, is disgraceful.

Tbh the two of them were class on Thursday. Ejaria should have been substituted though as the game was too fast for him, cunt wanted far too much time on the ball.

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Perhaps - but I hope not!

I’m sure we can give them plenty of game time & I’m not averse to that.

I do feel they weren’t ready to be mainstays of this new team’s first trip to the sty.

When you look at the squad as a whole there’s not a lot of big game experience there.

9 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Tbh the two of them were class on Thursday. Ejaria should have been substituted though as the game was too fast for him, cunt wanted far too much time on the ball.

Dead on mate - I’m not against either of them in general - I just think we couldn’t afford both at once on this occasion.

10 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

When you look at the squad as a whole there’s not a lot of big game experience there.

No, but some of Candeias’s work rate would have helped.

I thought Kent started really well, getting back to help Tav, but didn’t take too long for him to fade & this helped them take control.

Asking the lad to sustain tasks which are probably alien to him (at this level, at least)  was likely to have one outcome.

Even shifting Borna into midfield with Flanagan in behind might have enabled us to stiffen up midfield - I know the options weren’t that great, but this move & Candeias on the other side could have helped.

So now that one’s out the way, we can focus on this season’s target which is proving we’re the best of the rest, by a comfortable margin.. No excuses now, maximum points have to be converted in the next 5 games. I think today will have lifted them, they will have taken a lot of confidence from that, so we need to dust ourselves down, practice hard over the break and get back to going for the jugular in every game (outside of the EL). Going by some of the comments from the aftermath of today  it doesn’t look like SG and his new team will be afforded any time and the daggers will be out unless we can go on a long run of wins. On top of that, the next OF game at Ibrox will be viewed as a must win. 

What happened to one game at a time ? Let's look forward to the next game get behind the team and the manager it's what supporters do. every single Rangers supporter world wide will be hurting as well as the management and players but we need to stick together. I know it's been a horrible start to our league campaign but we were given three hard away games four including Kilmarnock in the cup and that's not even taking into consideration our European adventure thus far. Get to the international break regroup hopefully get some of our injured players back and bed in a couple of the new additions and take it from there. 

9 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Just posted this elsewhere myself, but I think this is all our games (minus Europa) until December:

Dundee - home
St. Johnstone - home
Livi - away
Hearts - home
hamilton - away
Betfred semi instead of hibs away
killie - home
st mirren - away
motherwell - home
livi - home

Surely to fuck we can go a really fucking decent run with those?

The only problem is ourselves.  Win all the home fixtures with none of the away fixtures difficult.  If Hearts are still unbeaten when they come to Ibrox then we burst their bubble.