Welcome to Rangers, Gareth McAuley

Bronzy

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Seeing people posting that he mentioned kerbs being red white and blue where he grew up as a kid

Attitudes like his are exactly what we don't need at our forward thinking club

Forward thinking is acknowledging he is 4th choice and despite his age is still incredibly fit and capable of performing, as well as passing on vital knowledge to our other central defenders who happen to be 21, 21 and 25. For a year contract and minimal wages it's a no brainer. 

But naw, he's 38 ffs get him tae fuck 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Forward thinking is acknowledging he is 4th choice and despite his age is still incredibly fit and capable of performing, as well as passing on vital knowledge to our other central defenders who happen to be 21, 21 and 25. For a year contract and minimal wages it's a no brainer. 

But naw, he's 38 ffs get him tae fuck 

That's not what forward thinking is at all when it comes to him mentioning kerb colours of the estate he grew up in

He's off on the wrong foot with me now anyway 

29 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That's not what forward thinking is at all when it comes to him mentioning kerb colours of the estate he grew up in

He's off on the wrong foot with me now anyway 

....but it's fine for you to stick up UVF songs eh?....dae ye fife laddie or dae ye no?

1 hour ago, Aubie92 said:

It allows us to potentially rest Goldson or Katić after, or before, a big game depending on the opposition. It means we have cover on the bench if we do play three at the back, or cover for injuries and suspensions with the current system. He's got over two hundred English top flight games under his belt, and he's a bluenose; someone who can be a role model for our relatively young centre backs. 

Obviously I'd rather we had brought in a creative midfielder or another striker, but having cover for both centre backs isn't a bad thing considering we didn't have any cover a few weeks ago. 

You are correct, a couple of injuries/ suspensions and we will be glad to have him for cover.

Hardly the final piece in the jigsaw but he will pass on valued experience. He’s a seasoned international and someone who has played in the EPL for years. He’s not going to play every week but will still provide value in what he can pass on to players like Katic and Worrall, which we will gain from. 

I don’t have an issue with the colour of his kerbs, he’s merely confirming he was a supporter of us answering the first question asked; he’s hardly going to answer ‘I don’t give a fuck about Rangers other than a last pay day’. 

1 hour ago, Aubie92 said:

It allows us to potentially rest Goldson or Katić after, or before, a big game depending on the opposition. It means we have cover on the bench if we do play three at the back, or cover for injuries and suspensions with the current system. He's got over two hundred English top flight games under his belt, and he's a bluenose; someone who can be a role model for our relatively young centre backs. 

Obviously I'd rather we had brought in a creative midfielder or another striker, but having cover for both centre backs isn't a bad thing considering we didn't have any cover a few weeks ago. 

We need a hard cunt in midfield - someone that that horrible wee smelly cunt brown is shit scared of. 

Decent signing. With the Europa group stages and hopefully a decent cup run we’re going to need a strong squad, I can’t see him being one of our first choice centre backs but with the amount of games we’ll be playing it’s pleasing to see we’ve got some decent players ready to step up when others need a rest.

25 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

We need a hard cunt in midfield - someone that that horrible wee smelly cunt brown is shit scared of. 

Would have liked to have seen how he coped with coming up against Coulibaly, as he's looked uncomfortable against worse players than him. (Really hoping it's not another "7-10 days away" situation.) 

2 hours ago, Malvern said:

We always have arseholes you know that, your one of them ??

Yeah alright I am too but I admit it.

We can all be arseholes mate , including myself. . It's the arrogant arseholes I can't take too and the fishy on the lishy ones :mutley:

2 hours ago, thebluedoo said:

If we sign another 2 defenders Flower n Cheese and play with a back 3 we would have the funniest back 3 in football

McAuley, Flower and Cheese :mutley:

Sorry I will get my coat :facepalm:

Nearly as bad as WEIR , Tebilie and Shicht back in the days when the scum couldn't get near us

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

How does the colour that the kerbs were painted in the area he grew up in relate to us as a football club?

I really doubt those kerbs were painted to reflect someone's support of Rangers football club

Oh - perhaps they're France supporters.