Jump to content

Welcome to Rangers, Gareth McAuley


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vastly experienced player who is a good communicator and is strong in the air, i wouldn't worry to much about him being 38, he started playing football alot later than most and doesn't have the same wear and tear that a normal 38 year old would have. When Pulis was at WBA he described him as a fitness freak who could easily play into his 40's, his fitness numbers were that of an early 30's player rather than that of a late 30's player. A good signing as a backup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Again, what has the kerb colours got to do with our club? 

Very disheartening that we are signing players that clearly believe certain members of society can't support our club 

I dunno what you're getting at. All he said was he grew up on a Rangers supporting street in a Rangers supporting family, and I said that will mean he'll work hard for us on the park

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RockwellGers said:

I dunno what you're getting at. All he said was he grew up on a Rangers supporting street in a Rangers supporting family, and I said that will mean he'll work hard for us on the park

I'm not getting at you at all mate

I just don't understand why he mentions the kerbs on his street being red white and blue

I can nearly tell you with 100% confidence that those kerbs were not painted for Rangers 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, .Williamson. said:

I'm not getting at you at all mate

I just don't understand why he mentions the kerbs on his street being red white and blue

I can nearly tell you with 100% confidence that those kerbs were not painted for Rangers 

your only here to see the kerbs only here to see the kerrrrrrrbs

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I'm not getting at you at all mate

I just don't understand why he mentions the kerbs on his street being red white and blue

I can nearly tell you with 100% confidence that those kerbs were not painted for Rangers 

I know you're not getting at me ?

Unionist area, not all Rangers fans are Unionists but his family are. Regardless, he's a fan of the club!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

@psb07158

I apologise on his behalf mate. You shouldn't be made feel that red white and blue are the only colours associated with our club. 

You keep flying your flag of Turkey or Iran or wherever it is you're from up high mate 

Turkey’s red and white ya spastic 

xoxo 

.Williamson. likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a comment left on the club's Facebook post about the signing:

"West Brom season ticket holder here, McAuley is easy one of the best signings we have ever made, on a free from Ipswich we all turned our noses up at the deal, How wrong we were, he was quality. Immense, great in the air, and for his age a decent turn of pace, Yh last year when he played the odd game he looked a little out of sorts, but I think he will be head and shoulders one of the best CB in the league!"

Sounds good

Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many people are just looking at his age then slagging him off. 

1. He is a bear.

2. 150+ Premier League appearances (including 44 in the last 2 seasons and 6 goals)

3. 79 caps and 9 goals (including playin in all Norn Iron's matches at the Euros and scoring)

4. Absolute fitness freak and one of the fittest players at West Brom.

5. Didn't start playing full time football until he was 24. A 38 year old that started playing professionally 6 years after most players is in much better physical condition than normal burnt out 38 year olds.

6. He is an experienced head that will help bring on the younger lads.

7. He is backup that we desperately need considering the number of games this season.

8. The transfer window is shut.

9. Free and presume on lowish wages.

 

Absolute no brainer.  Welcome Gareth!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RockwellGers said:

This was a comment left on the club's Facebook post about the signing:

"West Brom season ticket holder here, McAuley is easy one of the best signings we have ever made, on a free from Ipswich we all turned our noses up at the deal, How wrong we were, he was quality. Immense, great in the air, and for his age a decent turn of pace, Yh last year when he played the odd game he looked a little out of sorts, but I think he will be head and shoulders one of the best CB in the league!"

Sounds good

That's going to be some cunt that thinks Scotland is piss easy to play in 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...