Group Stage Package

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Wait, are they saying people can email / contact them for help getting a bit longer to pay, giving them slightly longer to pay, but taking them off the schemes if they need the time? I hope I'm wrong and have misread that?!

No that seems to be what is happening

9 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Wait, are they saying people can email / contact them for help getting a bit longer to pay, giving them slightly longer to pay, but taking them off the schemes if they need the time? I hope I'm wrong and have misread that?!

Took off if you don’t pay for the package

28 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

I still don't see how that solves the problem.

It's doesn't affect me. I've just been paid and  fortunate I don't live hand to mouth. I've always got extra in the bank plus I've savings.

For many that's not the case and a few days more doesn't bring payday forward if you are monthly paid. 

Folk will either need to borrow off friends or family, use credit or fork out of what they do have and potentially forsake something else this month. 

I’m also fortunate that I don’t live hand to mouth and have some savings if needed. I really feel for those who are struggling with these payments and the short notice. I have a 17 year old who has just started an apprenticeship and hasn’t been paid yet so without me and his dad paying for his tickets there is no way he’d be able to find £72 before Thursday. All in for myself and the two boys I’m £225 at pretty short notice along with Ayr tickets rumoured to be next week as well it’s not going to be a cheap month.

As others have said I don’t see the need for the payment to be due so soon when it’s a month until the first home game.  For those who have season ticket payments coming off and away tickets/travel etc something will have to give. It’s extremely poor that they’re being told they’ll be taken off the CCCS if they delay this payment. 

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Think the thing which is underplayed is the one generic price point.

I'm BR front as that's where I could get 3 tickets together, adult plus 2 kids. I pay less than Main stand central beside directors box or club deck for instance, but my view isn't as good, weather can impact on us if it's raining or snowing etc. Some likely chose this section for it's lower pricing.

Questionable then why the prices are the same, and this package equates to about a third of my annual ST price. Effectively cheaper seats are subsidising expensive ones to generate this generic price point.

I'm happy to pay it as it's only marginally higher than I expected. But it's a sore one for those in cheaper seats due to finances.

Should be the other way about mate. 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Well done Club1872. 

I agree though personally not too fussed by the price as I'm happy with the investment into the playing squad and think this board are serious about giving more to the gaffer to spend but can appreciate the business sense of it - it makes sense for the club to get folk signed up to this ASAP through CCCS. By the time it comes round to Villareal if we're already out I very much doubt many folk will be forking out around £40 a ticket with Christmas round the corner tbh. 

Yip said as much yesterday that the last home game could be a dead rubber (hope not mind you) so it would be tricky to sell out, in saying that I would doubt we would be completely out of it with 2 games still to play?

Sorry to jump in here, just on a quick break in work, I have enough to pay the money Thursday, but barely, so emailed last night to see if they could take mines the following Thursday the 13th, I'm I reading this correctly because I have sent that email I will now be taken off the scheme or will they still come in for the money on Thursday, I'm fucking getting pissed with this and just thinking of saying, fuck that, but don't want to because I want to go and so does the boy, shambles. 

Archived