****The Official Villareal v's Rangers match thread****

LegendofCoop

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt we'll see the best of Grezda before the winter break. Not being overly critical of the guy as he's been out for ages. All things considered though, he looked a bit like a rabbit in the headlights yesterday. I have no doubt he will come good, just not for a wee while yet.

16 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Really difficult game.

Set-up hard to beat and try sneak one.

Hope not we've nothing to lose here.

Although I concede that's the way we got through the qualification I'd love to see us have a real go unhindered by fear. These euro games tend to favour the creative player's  more given the extra time you get on the ball. 

41 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Hope not we've nothing to lose here.

Although I concede that's the way we got through the qualification I'd love to see us have a real go unhindered by fear. These euro games tend to favour the creative player's  more given the extra time you get on the ball. 

Fair point..

They are a team playing top flight Spanish football week in week out, it goes without saying they will be technically very good.

Go compete with confidence though, get our good players on the ball and just see how we fare. Nothing to lose in defeat but everything to gain confidence wise if we don't. 

I imagine Mr Gerrard and his coaching staff will be eyeing the game with the primary and dominating thought that first and foremost we do not lose the game, closely followed by a very high expectation that when we get goal scoring chances we take them.    Don't concede and do the level best and more to score.     Develop the reputation of tough to beat and lethally dangerous when it comes to taking our chances.    

The squad should be right up for this game and the upcoming other European games.   It's the stage they want to play on and its the perfect opportunity for them to build good reputations as top class players playing for a top class club.   What an opportunity for Manager, coaches and squad,   It's great to be back at this level isn't it. 

3 hours ago, giffnockger said:

Cunts thinking we’re gona go away to Villarreal and win haha

Amazing what you can do when you believe in yourselves. Not saying we are going over there to gub them but surely to fk we should compete..

The Rosenborg team of a few years ago took a few scalps with nothing more than a well drilled system and a lot of determination. 

Archived