****The Official Villareal v's Rangers match thread****

LegendofCoop

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Yeah mate optimism has been missing for a long time. It's coming back in spades now. 

I think with coulibaly and jack behind him. Dorrans will be able to get foward more and cause oppositions issues. 

Yeah..being able to choose from Dorrans, Arfield, Coulibally, Ejaria, Rossiter (as he's only 2 weeks away...honest) Kent, Middleton (who must be due a start), Jack, McCrorie, Halliday and Eros....it's a nice problem to have and allows us to rotate the team...as there is no point have a great result tonight...only to drop points at the weekend.

3 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Just wait till we have Katic, Jack, (Rossiter ?), Dorrans,  Ejaria, Grezda & Morelos back and fully fit.

Was Katic not fit tonight? I saw he was on the bench and IMO it's was a fucking weird decision to give Worrall his debut tonight..

Only managed to catch the second half but I'll tell you what. Villarreal are a fucking class outfit. That result was absolutely outstanding for us. Make no fucking bones about it. What a fucking performance. What a fucking team. What a fucking support. I fucking love Rangers.

The really good thing about this is that as team we are still in its infancy.  We will be so much better in a few months, strengthen in January and who knows.

Just need to have more belief from the start but I’ve never felt as confident in a manager since Souness.  Mr Gerrard will improve every player in our team, he’s done it already and it’ll continue.  We are not world beaters by any stretch, but I’m believing more and more we can do 55 this year.

Take an early bow Mr G. 

Just now, Gandalf the Blue said:

Not a particularly great performance. But this team continues to show heart and determination. Long may it continue. Its amazing how far we've come in such a short time. 

Fans were amazing ? 

I thought the Villarreal stands were pretty empty...Didn't hear them all night, just our lads singing their hearts out.

2 minutes ago, MarzM said:

Yeah..being able to choose from Dorrans, Arfield, Coulibally, Ejaria, Rossiter (as he's only 2 weeks away...honest) Kent, Middleton (who must be due a start), Jack, McCrorie, Halliday and Eros....it's a nice problem to have and allows us to rotate the team...as there is no point have a great result tonight...only to drop points at the weekend.

Yeah we've got a lot more options than we've had in years. 

I'd give Middleton that start this weekend. 

This excellent away result will really stick in the throat of so many people, loved to be proven wrong but let’s see how the mantra of ‘heroic home defeat’ to a second string Bayern team for them plays against a no doubt ‘lucky’ Rangers scrape’s a draw against an ‘off form’ Villarreal...

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

Yeah we've got a lot more options than we've had in years. 

I'd give Middleton that start this weekend. 

Deffo...Their right back was like "I'll just show this wee fucker doon the line...what's the worse that cou.....FUCK FUCK FUCK"...

The look on his face when Laff scored...he was genuinely chuffed to bits about his pass...and what a great cross...

Archived