****The Official Villareal v's Rangers match thread****

LegendofCoop

8 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

I know it's assists, but I'm sure the guy was top of the assist charts last season. The stick he gets considering that is unreal! :lol: 

Short memories, mate. Half the folk wanting Middleton in the starting lineup will be the same ones who turn on him when he has a poor run of form in the future. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Amato said:

'Some good, a lot bad, but great result' - analysis by a bitter bastard

Former Scotland defender Willie Miller on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound

In terms of Rangers' performance, there was some good, and a lot of bad. Their weakness was the full-backs and yet the full-backs were actually their strengths because they both made a goal.

They showed some really positive play, but they leave themselves exposed and the game could have been out of their reach before these two stepped in to get them back into the game.

It's a fabulous result, particularly having not played that well, but I'm sure Steven Gerrard will be looking at the defensive side and knowing that game could have been out of their reach.

What gibberish.

just a bitter wank

So proud of the team yesterday and today. They just feel like a "proper" Rangers team. It doesn't matter how poorly we are playing or the circumstance we just seem to find results.

So chuffed and it's down to the manager, he has brought standards back to this club!

3 hours ago, Amato said:

'Some good, a lot bad, but great result' - analysis by a bitter bastard

Former Scotland defender Willie Miller on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound

In terms of Rangers' performance, there was some good, and a lot of bad. Their weakness was the full-backs and yet the full-backs were actually their strengths because they both made a goal.

They showed some really positive play, but they leave themselves exposed and the game could have been out of their reach before these two stepped in to get them back into the game.

It's a fabulous result, particularly having not played that well, but I'm sure Steven Gerrard will be looking at the defensive side and knowing that game could have been out of their reach.

What gibberish.

Why is that tit always doing BBC punditry for our games? We could have won 4-0 and he'd still have found something to slate us for. 

12 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

Why is that tit always doing BBC punditry for our games? We could have won 4-0 and he'd still have found something to slate us for. 

well if there was just a bawhair less bad .we still would have a lot bad and won the game .

Miller is one of those types who forgot where he came from .

I'm sure he's a Glasgow boy and isn't a taig .so if he isn't an ex bluenose he will at least come from a Rangers background .shameless bastard 

13 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Pretty even commentary, after all we are a work in progress which makes the result even better.

We played very well in the second half, so I don't think his summary of the game is fair at all. No idea about his actual commentary during games, in fairness, as I've not listened to radio commentary in well over a decade. (Hard to remember those days!) 

16 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Possibly....

Nope. Good strike.

Let’s wait and see.....

As above.

I believe.

Indeed.

Nope.

Middleton on.

Any....

Second.....

Now!!!!!!!

Buggeration!

You said I could access all areas if we drew, remember?

Yup.

In the eyes, not around the eyes.....

I notice you didn’t quote the fact I said at halftime we were in this game and could get something.

but that wouldn’t have got you likes 

for the record to lose that goal in 44 seconds was embarrassing 

5 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

Short memories, mate. Half the folk wanting Middleton in the starting lineup will be the same ones who turn on him when he has a poor run of form in the future. 

I agree. He will definitely have a rough patch now and again. Right now, no one really knows what his strengths are, and once defenders play against him a couple of times, he will get sussed. That's why it's important, imo, to use him sparingly just now, and let him develop his game. He's no one trick pony from what I've seen. That pass last night proves he has an eye for passes. I'm genuinely excited that we have him, and I definitely think it's more than potential that he has, but we have to find the balance for playing him. I also honestly think we now have the right management team and coaching staff for him.

35 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I agree. He will definitely have a rough patch now and again. Right now, no one really knows what his strengths are, and once defenders play against him a couple of times, he will get sussed. That's why it's important, imo, to use him sparingly just now, and let him develop his game. He's no one trick pony from what I've seen. That pass last night proves he has an eye for passes. I'm genuinely excited that we have him, and I definitely think it's more than potential that he has, but we have to find the balance for playing him. I also honestly think we now have the right management team and coaching staff for him.

I agree. Not just for Middleton, but youth development in general. Listening to Gerrard after the St. Mirren game, he both praised and criticised McCrorie; young players - and the seniors - know that whilst mistakes happen, there's consequences to them. And when McCrorie got a chance last night, you could see that he's taking on board what the coaching staff are telling him. 

In Middleton, the brothers McCrorie, Docherty, Kelly, Rudden, Mebude and a few others we've got young players that do have the potential to break into the first team and become regulars. But we've now got a settled senior side for them to break into, with genuine leaders there, and a manager who has ideas on how he wants to bring youth through. 

Gerrard wanted a four year deal with us and, should he see it out, I think he'll not only win trophies and restore some prestige on the European front - he'll have brought few future lynchpins as well. 

12 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He’s not in the same league as Goldson.

Goldson is quality. I won't be surprised if he's like Cuellar - great for one season, then a Premier League team come in for him. I hope he's here for years as the heart of our defence, but I think he's one we need to appreciate while he's here as it won't be for long; better than a good number of centre backs in the EPL. 

18 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Possibly....

Nope. Good strike.

Let’s wait and see.....

As above.

I believe.

Indeed.

Nope.

Middleton on.

Any....

Second.....

Now!!!!!!!

Buggeration!

You said I could access all areas if we drew, remember?

Yup.

In the eyes, not around the eyes.....

Context is king

But dont let that get in the way of trying to get likes

??

4 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

We played very well in the second half, so I don't think his summary of the game is fair at all. No idea about his actual commentary during games, in fairness, as I've not listened to radio commentary in well over a decade. (Hard to remember those days!) 

In attack we played well, defensively as a team not so good and Coulibaly didn't look match fit.

Archived