vendetta against Alfredo Morelos

Malkster

a racial thing? Fuck off

He brings it on himself

i think the folk saying to get rid of him are in the extreme minority.

Personally i like him and think he will do great for us, but he is also a hot head and misses silly chances which leave him open to criticism. Most of us get on his back because we know he can do better and most of the abuse is out kf frustration and not out of dislike of him. Most of us get on his back because we want him to do well.

When you compare the abuse he gets compared to the abuse Windass got then its two different stories. Windass was an average player who thot he was great and had an attitude towards the fans and got deservedly abused for it. Morelos on the other hand is a great young talent who is finding his game and occasionally misses a chance and instead of getting over it he gets on his own case and cant calm himself which leads to more mistakes but its something that can be fixed. 

The abuse towards him is out of love not out of hatred. When id get angry at Windass id think "fuck sake youre shite please fuck off" with Morelos i think "fuck sake youre better than that, give yourself a shake and come back out swinging". His problem is a lack of belief in himself which we can see and it frustrates us and to be fair he should get less abuse but its not as bad as some think it is 

21 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

One red card in his career so far. 

Some temper right enough. 

Doesn't have to result in a red card.

Affects his focus resulting in sulks and frustration and ends up in a poor performance, that's what annoys most.

Channels it in the right direction and we've got a right good player on our hands.

5 minutes ago, Marky. said:

He lacks a bit of football intelligence at times.

When that comes, he really will be a mainstay for his national team.

They are obviously aware of him but it's far too early for statements like that.

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

It’s because he bites every single time.

This for me. If I were an opposition manager I would be telling everyone to have a go at him. More often than not he will retaliate at some point. Until he learns not to do so he will always be targeted. Lets not mix up aggression and fighting spirt with petulance and naivety. If he sticks to the first two and cuts out the last 2 he will be a much better and reliable player.

A marvellous player who’s only going to get better. Love how he turns defenders, love how he wins balls he really shouldn’t have a hope of getting , love the way he brings others into play. Misses too many chances but he’ll improve and we’ll lose him to a club from a bigger league.

The kid needs to learn to laugh.

No team targets a bad player.

Crowds dont boo a bad player

It's a compliment...they want to put him off his game/get sent off because...........................he can damage any team with assists and goals.

Learn to laugh...smile as you get pick yourself up off the ground....then go and smash one in the back of the net (not forgetting to smile again as you walk back for the kick-off)

1 minute ago, ianb1547 said:

The kid needs to learn to laugh.

No team targets a bad player.

Crowds dont boo a bad player

It's a compliment...they want to put him off his game/get sent off because...........................he can damage any team with assists and goals.

Learn to laugh...smile as you get pick yourself up off the ground....then go and smash one in the back of the net (not forgetting to smile again as you walk back for the kick-off)

Nailed it mate.

9 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

They are obviously aware of him but it's far too early for statements like that.

Just think if his tiny brain were to soak up some experience and actually gain intelligence to no longer react, and to look down the line to beat the offside trap more than he currently is (albeit the goal at the weekend should have stood, he’s offside far too often for me) he will look a far more polished player.

The national team statement was just my way of saying he will certainly improve with when he begins to learn.

He has mood swings that can get a bit extreme at times and the media and others will highlight them as long as he has them. The onus is on him to calm down a bit for the sake of the team but still retain his positive aggression. He can learn to do that so hopefully he does.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm a Morelos guy.

But any attention he gets is his own fault. Yes he gets wound up by other players but if i was sending someone out to mark him id be telling him to get under Morelos skin as he will most likely retaliate. Its part of his game he needs to sort out sooner rather than later. He has already cost us points against Abeedeen and almost got us knocked out of europe.

Ref cost us points against Aberdeen 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The boy is trying his heart out and when he misses he hurts, when he gets a dig from another player he doesn’t back down. 

Wasnt so long ago that’s what we wanted our players to do. Too many of our own support are buying into the pish in the media. 

That’s absolute bollocks. It should hurt when he misses - and he should use that hurt to make sure he scores the next one, instead of his head literally dropping and his performance deteriorating.

No one is asking him to him to back down, but he becomes visibly angry and loses control. I’m all for some cool, calculated retribution, not for total loss of control meaning he has to be subbed.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Hot head? One red card rescinded, the other probably up there with the softest red you’ll ever see. 

Not a hot head at all. The media and refs have bought into the hot head tail, evident with his first run of the mill foul on Saturday equalling a yellow straight away whereas Darren Odea didn’t even get booked for giving away the penalty lol.

After he got booked Morelos was going to go in for a 50/50 but actually pulled away from the challenge all together. That’s the effect it’s having on the player

He is a hot head tbh hes had 18 yellow cards in the space of 14 months.

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Agree completely with all that but pulling out of the 50/50 actually pleased me a lot - we were 3-0 up, he was about to be subbed and on a yellow so for him to have the maturity/common sense to pull out that tackle was good to see. 

The treatment of Morelos from the media is an absolute disgrace and sadly it's encouraged by some our own. 

The simple fact is that when Morelos leaves in the next 12-24 months it will be for a club record fee yet a sizeable amount of our support would chase him for pennies. Baffling.

nailed it

he just needs to stop letting his head go down and get so wrapped up in things. Saturday for example - he could have scored one and got a penalty by half time - but because he got it chopped off and then things didnt really go his way, you can almost see the cloud coming over his head and him thinking "this isnt my day". He needs to get the McCoist mindset - "I missed one but i'll get another chance" and keep the positivity in his head. I

I do think refs have him on a short leash. I'm not sure why that is given he is not a dirty player :whistle: