vendetta against Alfredo Morelos

Malkster

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

Though strangely he didn’t have these issues in Finland.

Very true mate .... so the question then becomes, why now ?

Is it a much more intense environment here in Scotland? .... when playing for The Rangers most definitely .... but it still remains in his hands to control his behaviour and stop making himself a target for officials by persistently reacting petulantly and getting himself booked (not the red card incident, that was ludicrous) by taking the bait and biting every time ..... this is his main problem and the sooner he get's over it, the sooner he will be talked about for his hard work rate along with his goal scoring abilities rather than his childish antics that detract from his good qualities.

He really has to wise up for the good of the team ... there is absolutely no conspiracy against him (only really bad refereeing decisions) he brings the unwanted attention onto himself resulting in foolish yellow cards that mount up and cause the rest of the team and the manager big problems ..... simple as that.

As for the media being on his back .... that is not what makes him get carded .... they have it in for us as has been shown for years now .... so no change there.

:UK:

12 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Agree completely with all that but pulling out of the 50/50 actually pleased me a lot - we were 3-0 up, he was about to be subbed and on a yellow so for him to have the maturity/common sense to pull out that tackle was good to see. 

The treatment of Morelos from the media is an absolute disgrace and sadly it's encouraged by some our own. 

The simple fact is that when Morelos leaves in the next 12-24 months it will be for a club record fee yet a sizeable amount of our support would chase him for pennies. Baffling.

Best post on here Esk, it always seems to be the same folk with their agenda against Morelos, perhaps he should fall over more often and punch the turf, he'll be worshipped on here.   

As you say he is currently one of the club's biggest financial assets on the playing staff, yet some want to move him on because he's a hot-head and petulant.  FFS they'd have binned Wee Bud after his sixth red-card, and Rangers would have been the losers. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Very true mate .... so the question then becomes, why now ?

Is it a much more intense environment here in Scotland? .... when playing for The Rangers most definitely .... but it still remains in his hands to control his behaviour and stop making himself a target for officials by persistently reacting petulantly and getting himself booked (not the red card incident, that was ludicrous) by taking the bait and biting every time ..... this is his main problem and the sooner he get's over it, the sooner he will be talked about for his hard work rate along with his goal scoring abilities rather than his childish antics that detract from his good qualities.

He really has to wise up for the good of the team ... there is absolutely no conspiracy against him (only really bad refereeing decisions) he brings the unwanted attention onto himself resulting in foolish yellow cards that mount up and cause the rest of the team and the manager big problems ..... simple as that.

As for the media being on his back .... that is not what makes him get carded .... they have it in for us as has been shown for years now .... so no change there.

No change indeed, Richard Goughs disciplinary record got worse at Ibrox as well.

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

No change indeed, Richard Goughs disciplinary record got worse at Ibrox as well.

:lol:

I think if AlfredoMorelos were ever to reach the heights and performances that Richard Gough attained and gave us while playing for us, then his disciplinary record would be forgotten .... like Richard's, or for that matter wee Bud's .... until that happens, I'm sure you can understand the frustrations of some of our support that is aimed towards him.

Only he can change this perception mate no one else.

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

I think if AlfredoMorelos were ever to reach the heights and performances that Richard Gough attained and gave us while playing for us, then his disciplinary record would be forgotten .... like Richard's, or for that matter wee Bud's .... until that happens, I'm sure you can understand the frustrations of some of our support that is aimed towards him.

Only he can change this perception mate no one else.

I don’t disagree mate and I’m not putting Alfredo in the Bud or Gough category, just pointing out that a blue jersey seems to attract more cards, Ryan Jack?  

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The boy is trying his heart out and when he misses he hurts, when he gets a dig from another player he doesn’t back down. 

Wasnt so long ago that’s what we wanted our players to do. Too many of our own support are buying into the pish in the media. 

I think some cant find middle ground with Morelos. Theres both positives and negatives but it feels like its became the pro Morelos side vs the anti Morelos side and you are correct when you imply the media are making it worse than t really is

yes there are certainly issues with his attitude that need to be addressed but theres many positives about his game play etc that shouldn't be ignored. Hes far from a lost cause. Just needs to keep the head down, not let the pressure get to him, and learn to shake off his frustrations

I think he is as frustrated as we are, he gets riled up when he misses a sitter same as we do, but hes the one who needs to learn to take it in his stride and not let it get to him cause the fans wont stop getting on his back unless he shows signs of improvement, its simply not the way football fans behave we're unforgiving at times and unsympathetic. But as soon as he finds his game and learns to calm down he'll be fine. He just needs his confidence back and to stop playing into opponents hands when they try to wind him up

Im sure the manager knows this and is working on it, Gerrard seems the perfect type of manager to give confidence and counselling to a player like Alfredo

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

I don’t disagree mate and I’m not putting Alfredo in the Bud or Gough category, just pointing out that a blue jersey seems to attract more cards, Ryan Jack?  

?

Agreed mate ..... although like in Alfredo and Ryan's cases this was down to extremely bad refereeing .... but I do get your point.

Once he starts to cut out the misses.

He will be our Diego Costa.  :pipe:

He too is a "Hot Head" "Mental" " Gets Wound up"   but banfs in goals is a real handful and doesnt take any shit. 

Morelos needs all his team mates to back him up. I would rather a whole team of hot heads. 

El Buffalo Loyal :hairout:

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

That’s absolute bollocks. It should hurt when he misses - and he should use that hurt to make sure he scores the next one, instead of his head literally dropping and his performance deteriorating.

No one is asking him to him to back down, but he becomes visibly angry and loses control. I’m all for some cool, calculated retribution, not for total loss of control meaning he has to be subbed.

Well you know bollocks I give you that, you posted a load of it. ?

25 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I think some cant find middle ground with Morelos. Theres both positives and negatives but it feels like its became the pro Morelos side vs the anti Morelos side and you are correct when you imply the media are making it worse than t really is

yes there are certainly issues with his attitude that need to be addressed but theres many positives about his game play etc that shouldn't be ignored. Hes far from a lost cause. Just needs to keep the head down, not let the pressure get to him, and learn to shake off his frustrations

I think he is as frustrated as we are, he gets riled up when he misses a sitter same as we do, but hes the one who needs to learn to take it in his stride and not let it get to him cause the fans wont stop getting on his back unless he shows signs of improvement, its simply not the way football fans behave we're unforgiving at times and unsympathetic. But as soon as he finds his game and learns to calm down he'll be fine. He just needs his confidence back and to stop playing into opponents hands when they try to wind him up

Im sure the manager knows this and is working on it, Gerrard seems the perfect type of manager to give confidence and counselling to a player like Alfredo

Good post mate, I agree he can let a miss get to him too much, I’m sure with a bit more experience and Stevies help he will learn to not show it as much even if it hurts. 

I hope he never loses his in your face attitude when it comes the baw sacks he faces in the Scottish game, they deserve all the contempt he gives them. 

5 hours ago, Malkster said:

Vendetta might be too strong a word for it, but has there ever been any other player who is singled out for ''special attention''? 

Is it because he's a hothead, or because he plays for us, or because he's a threat, or is it a racial thing 

don't recall any player being given the treatment he gets from officials, players, fans, media, etc

only know that the fear is strong with them....................discuss

1 2 and 3 get a YES for me  No 4 . Not quite there with that yet

If he starts banging in the goals . Another thing that will get worse

He misses sitters constantly. Other players miss sitters, but not as often as Morelos does.

He is a battler, but his temperament has you on edge all the time.

He is what? 22?  That's not that young and by now his temperament should be in check.

When will he calm down and learn not to bite? 30+?

He can be a right nuisance to defences but at times is his own worse enemy by letting players

noise him up. Other players can take a month or so to settle down. How long has he been with us?

He needs to settle now. 

There is a lot to his game that needs sorted and he has to start scoring against the "bigger" teams.

Until those days come, a lot of fans will always get on his case. And from outside as well.

He is still quite young, and has the pressure of leading the line for Rangers.

He does react at times, but I think the whole hothead stuff is overblown.  He is an aggressive player, but not a hot head.

He is going to be a star, When he eventually leaves we will definitely be weaker. I just hope the transfer fee is massive.

16 hours ago, Malkster said:

point I'm trying to make is we all make mistakes, every player in every team, but do they get the stick that AM  does?

even when playing for his country the media here gave him stick for missing, even though he was credited with an assist in the 15 minutes he was given

A guy who played for my school scored 14 goals in a 17-1  drubbing of Penilee got stick in that game for missing a sitter 

often wonder what happened  to  him? 

8 hours ago, Smile said:

Morelos is at the biggest team he will play for as a striker.

Jelavic never played for a bigger club after he left or before he came. 

Neither did Mols. 

Or Flo, or even Gazza or Laudrup to be fair. 

Doesn't make Morelos any less of a player. 

IMO at this point in time, Morelos is as good a striker as Tav is a defender. The difference is Tav is a phenomena going forward and has a good temperament.

For me Morelos just needs to chill. Stop trying so hard. Get that composure in front of goal and he too can be a phenomena as a striker.

As for his treatment, well he does play for us. Do the media actually need an excuse? He is high profile, so it's ready aim, fire as far as they are concerned. Fuck them. As for us, well we are the most demanding in football I would say.

Personally I have no problem with his aggression and in fact could commend it. It's his trying too hard and missing sitters and how badly he lets it affect him, that kills me. Just wind in that anger and frustration a wee bit and step back, it will pay off with composure and many goals.

It's what he is trying so hard to do that is killing him. Just let it flow and it will come. Purely a mental deal. Just one wee penny to drop and he can be the man. One step away from greatness, but yet so far. Very frustrating. When the penny drops there will be little stopping him!