vendetta against Alfredo Morelos

Malkster

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Jelavic never played for a bigger club after he left or before he came. 

Neither did Mols. 

Or Flo, or even Gazza or Laudrup to be fair. 

Doesn't make Morelos any less of a player. 

He less of a player than any of those mentioned.

Jimmy describes it beautifully and simply...you can't learn it..instict that Morelos lacks.

On his greatest partnership: “No one told Alan Gilzean and me what to do; we just did it.  Very quickly we knew exactly what the other was going to do.  You can’t teach that it’s an instinctive thing between the two of you that you’re both reading from the same page.”

19 minutes ago, backup said:

All this learning nonsense is just that, as a 20 year old Jim Forrest in a far more physical league scored 57 goals a club record in 1964/65 season, morelos may be a lot of things a striker isn't one of them.

?

DJ was even younger  than JF and knew how to find the back of the net with style and ease ..... proving your point that age means nothing ..... not sure who coined the phrase but ..... "If you're good enough you're old enough" must be one of the best sayings that back up (forgive the pun) your words in bold.

I think there is hope for Morelos, but he has to mature mentally pretty quickly .... or he will never achieve the status of some of our past goalscoring heroes ..... who seemed to just breeze through games without incident but were nevertheless brutally efficient in their duties.

:UK:

56 minutes ago, Smile said:

Of course he is less of a player. 

He's less established or developed than any of them, but arguably has more potential than any of them did given they were at Rangers at later stages of their careers. We signed then top end internationalists like those mentioned, I don't think anyone would ever say that's what he is. But we can't afford the equivalent now, we need to buy in the potential. Shame folk still seem to expect the same return.

Doubt he'll go to a bigger club than Rangers, it is subjective what a bigger club is right enough,  but have no doubt he'll go on to do well in bigger leagues than the spl. 

32 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

?

DJ was even younger  than JF and knew how to find the back of the net with style and ease ..... proving your point that age means nothing ..... not sure who coined the phrase but ..... "If you're good enough you're old enough" must be one of the best sayings that back up (forgive the pun) your words in bold.

I think there is hope for Morelos, but he has to mature mentally pretty quickly .... or he will never achieve the status of some of our past goalscoring heroes ..... who seemed to just breeze through games without incident but were nevertheless brutally efficient in their duties.

Morelos is an urban myth as to transfers and ability.

Just now, backup said:

Morelos is an urban myth as to transfers and ability.

I agree he's not to everyones' satisfaction mate .... but a wee voice at the back of my mind recalls the debacle that was McCoist when he first started playing for us and how woeful a prospect he seemed to be ... so I personally still have hope that the player with the same initials (AM) comes right ..... as frustrating a prospect he seems at this time in his career.

18 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He's less established or developed than any of them, but arguably has more potential than any of them did given they were at Rangers at later stages of their careers. We signed then top end internationalists like those mentioned, I don't think anyone would ever say that's what he is. But we can't afford the equivalent now, we need to buy in the potential. Shame folk still seem to expect the same return.

Doubt he'll go to a bigger club than Rangers, it is subjective what a bigger club is right enough,  but have no doubt he'll go on to do well in bigger leagues than the spl. 

I just don't see it or get the hype surrounding him he has potential but will struggle if selected to lead the line as he's not a good enough or clinical enough striker.   

We need better.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Point being there's less than a handful of players who have left here and went on to play for bigger clubs in recent memory. 

Laudrup was at plenty of big clubs before and at Ajax after Rangers tbf

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Do you truthfully believe he has more potential than Jelavic , Mols, Gazza and Laudrup? 

2 hours ago, The No.9 said:

Do you truthfully believe he has more potential than Jelavic , Mols, Gazza and Laudrup? 

He's trying to say they have less potential as they were coming to the end of their careers its a stupid point he's trying to make using real quality players against a player yet to fulfill his potential in the game.

3 hours ago, The No.9 said:

At the stages they were at in their careers when they were at us, yes.

Laudrup had an upward move in Chelsea but not successive career progression moves.

I don't consider Hull, Everton or West Ham as bigger than us.

So I believe given his age and I detest in him, plus his desire to play in the EPL I reckon he's got years ahead of him and more progressive steps up than the likes of those above.

When they were his age, definitely a different story.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

1 He's trying to say they have less potential as they were coming to the end of their careers

2 its a stupid point he's trying to make using real quality players against a player yet to fulfill his potential in the game.

1 yes

2 what's stupid is saying he's not as good as some world class players as a means of criticising a player. 

13 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

1 yes

2 what's stupid is saying he's not as good as some world class players as a means of criticising a player. 

You were the one who mentioned these players which in itself was stupid to try an make some sort of point.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Why would a journalist from the BBC give us credibility in a made up transfer saga as you're alleging? 

Looking forward to your reply. 

You already had a reply you are naive in the extreme, as is anyone who believes anyone offered millions for morelos, the bbc confirmed it ?

23 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

I think if AlfredoMorelos were ever to reach the heights and performances that Richard Gough attained and gave us while playing for us, then his disciplinary record would be forgotten .... like Richard's, or for that matter wee Bud's .... until that happens, I'm sure you can understand the frustrations of some of our support that is aimed towards him.

Only he can change this perception mate no one else.

Wee Wullie Johnston was plagued by disciplinary issues thru his whole career, even before reaching legend status, yet he was idolized from day 1, he was never vilified by our support ---then again there, thank fuck, was no social media at the time. Bud was sent off five times in his first 5 years at Rangers, however it is incidents like this that helped his standing among the fans:

1980: Aberdeen’s John McMaster needs the kiss of life  *exaggeration I think) on the Ibrox pitch after his neck was stamped on by Willie Johnston. The Rangers winger later explains it was a case of mistaken identity . . . he thought it was Willie Miller.  ?

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

?

Which post did I mention the 4 players to make a point?

Stop being a clown you agreed with the poster mentioning the players 

then later you said this.

28 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

At the stages they were at in their careers when they were at us, yes.

Laudrup had an upward move in Chelsea but not successive career progression moves.

I don't consider Hull, Everton or West Ham as bigger than us.

So I believe given his age and I detest in him, plus his desire to play in the EPL I reckon he's got years ahead of him and more progressive steps up than the likes of those above.

When they were his age, definitely a different story.