Joe Worrall.

Clemdog

I can understand the rotation argument if we’re playing 2 games a week for 10 weeks on the bounce. 

But including yesterday we have 3 games until the international break, really don’t understand the need for rotation when the majority will have a week off anyway

9 minutes ago, laudrupno1 said:

Wasn't any worse than the rest yesterday. 

Mental.

He was absolutely brutal. Was the most out of place player on the park. Looked lost, nothing going right and own team mates going nuts at him it was that bad. 

15 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I can understand the rotation argument if we’re playing 2 games a week for 10 weeks on the bounce. 

But including yesterday we have 3 games until the international break, really don’t understand the need for rotation when the majority will have a week off anyway

Katic is gonna be playing during the international break too tbf so makes sense to rest him where we can, that being said yesterday wasn’t the game I would have rested him.

39 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Centre back's shouldn't need a rest. Especially in September.

Name another term who rotate their centre backs regularly? It's fucking stupid and isn't working.

No idea. Since I had kids I genuinely don’t watch any football apart from our games. 

It didn’t work yesterday, but when we’ve done it against Ayr and Villareal it did just fine. 

As I said, apparently Katic has bad pain post Astro games. Just protecting him rather than rotating for the sake of it. 

More stupid is trying to wedge Lafferty and Morelos in the same side, and dropping out in form wingers. And shifting our formation that’s working well, to something odd that doesn’t for every league away game this year, Aberdeen side. 

25 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Katic is gonna be playing during the international break too tbf so makes sense to rest him where we can, that being said yesterday wasn’t the game I would have rested him.

Fuck that. If he doesn’t feel fresh or fit enough to play for his country’s unders then that’s up too him, it’s us first. 

No chance would I be resting any player cause the might be playing for their national squad

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Fuck that. If he doesn’t feel fresh or fit enough to play for his country’s unders then that’s up too him, it’s us first. 

No chance would I be resting any player cause the might be playing for their national squad

That’s not what I’m saying, I’m saying he’s been rested because he’s a young player that we can’t afford to burn out. Just need to look at Morelos last season for an example of what can happen if you don’t manage younger players well.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

We have to rotate at some points, given the huge number of games.

Worral was fine against Ayr and Villareal, but he was honking yesterday.

Katic has been ‘jaded’ recently with all the games coming at us, and also struggles with back issues post game when playing on astro. It’s not a case of being dropped or not preferred choice. 

Katic and Goldson are solid and 100% first choice IMO. 

Think this is nearer the truth than anything. 

Gerrard will realise there are going to be times that we need to rely in a third CB. That being the case it's important he gets him involved. We should still be able to beat the likes of Livingston whilst rotating our third choice CB in. If he turns out to be not good enough that's another matter, and we could have troubles ahead.

I think that lad is trying to get involved in the play - when he should just be concentrating on doing his job. I much prefer Katic on recent viewings and given we have 2 games and are then off for a fortnight, the squad rotation argument is borderline ludicrous. If we are contractually obligated to play him, then we should have bought someone - not loaned someone.

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Mental.

He was absolutely brutal. Was the most out of place player on the park. Looked lost, nothing going right and own team mates going nuts at him it was that bad. 

Yip so the same as his team mates all were brutal.

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Mental.

In my opinion Goldson was worse yesterday, but they both struggled to deal with menga. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Lafferty and Candeias were worse

How Candieas plays away from ibrox is beyond me ,didn't play away to sheep or Motherwell or the scum ,only good at ibrox when we are playing pish teams and we are a couple of goals up, shit it again out of 2 challenges yesterday. Watched him closely  as I was in row a yesterday, his backs always to the goal gets the ball and immediately gets rid of it ,plays a 2 yard pass and that's it. Still waiting for him to beat a man, guys a liability 

Don’t think rotation was an issue.   Man for man we had a much stronger team than Livi.   Attitude and tactics are the reason we lost.   Which ever 11 turn out you expect them to be giving 100%.   I could tell in the first five minutes that it was going to be one of those days.   Piss poor attitude from the start.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The pre match posts were embarrassing. Everyone was bad against Livi but he got singled out for some reason. Very little difference between all three cb's

What a fuckin problem to have, having to choose between those three after some of the defenders we’ve had to watch these last few years