McGregor

MikeBlue

26 minutes ago, watpnosurrender said:

to be honest I think Wes foderingham underestimated just how good McGregor is I think he made a couple off comments on twitter before the season started saying he was keeping the number 1 top and fans told him he was deluded if he thinks that

Dont think he was too happy and tbh I would be dissapointed if he just happily accepted it after being number one for a few seasons, he seems to have knuckled down now sonce the window has closed and if his performance against Kilmarnock is anything to go by we are extremely solid at GK.

Mcgregor is head and shoulders above him but some of the saves he has made already have saved us so much.

1 hour ago, watpnosurrender said:

to be honest I think Wes foderingham underestimated just how good McGregor is I think he made a couple off comments on twitter before the season started saying he was keeping the number 1 top and fans told him he was deluded if he thinks that

He did say that but he couldn't exactly say "looking forward to getting splinters removed from my arse this season" 

McGregor is far superior. He still has at least another 2 good seasons in him, possibly as much as another 4 if he keeps in shape, focused and determined to win leagues and silverware which I do not doubt he does.

No offence OP but that's a bit of a master of the obvious statement that.

McGregor is in a different league to Foderingham . Every aspect of his game is  significantly superior , he's showed that from his first appearance of the season. Hence the reason we are now a difficult team to beat.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

For me, too far off his line for their first. Then undoubtedly kept us in it and played a huge part in getting us a point.

As above, best signing of the summer.

He was, but I think.that was because he was conscious of the ball in behind all night. Plus the ricochet didn't help him either.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

For me, too far off his line for their first. Then undoubtedly kept us in it and played a huge part in getting us a point.

OTOH - how many goals did he prevent by getting out quickly? Can't do that if you are standing on the line.

22 minutes ago, MikeBlue said:

OTOH - how many goals did he prevent by getting out quickly? Can't do that if you are standing on the line.

3 or 4 maybe. Some good, some poor to their players as I recall.

Agreed, he can be good as a sweeper type keeper. But that doesn't mean he's not then vulnerable for getting beat over the top. Like he was though as poster above says it was as much due to the ricochet, he'd little time to react.

3 yards further back and he's saving that imo is all.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Where was he ment to be standing? Thats just being petty. The ball took a lucky bounce and if it didnt Bacca wasnt getting that shot away, the attacker tried to play the ball out wide.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Can’t really blame him for that, Bacca has went to play the ball out wide, it’s bounced off Worrall and sat up perfectly for him.

He basically had no time to sort his feet to get back into position and let’s be honest it was some fuckin finish.

6 hours ago, watpnosurrender said:

I don't think he underestimated McGregor so much as he wasn't meekly accepting being the number two keeper. If he had done we'd be criticising him for it too. He put in a good performance against Killie, and I'd expect him to start against Ayr next week. 

13 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Can’t really blame him for that, Bacca has went to play the ball out wide, it’s bounced off Worrall and sat up perfectly for him.

He basically had no time to sort his feet to get back into position and let’s be honest it was some fuckin finish.

Think we have to give credit to Bacca for a wonder strike. If one of our guys had scored like that we wouldn’t be talking about goalie’s positioning. 

11 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

The tackle was fantastic, I dont think wes would have came out for that TBH

One of my biggest criticisms of him was he was just rooted to his line all the time. Good keepers have a high starting position and close the gap between them and the back four. Can’t remember Fod ever doing that effectively