Morelos

Dan Deacon

There were 2 major things i seen yesterday which for me showed his maturing and improving as a player.

1. He wasn't just shooting on site and sometimes the pass was the better option amd he was making the pass. Also the way he terrorised their defense by running at them.

2. He walked away. They were winding him up a few times and trying to get a reaction and the wee man didny bite. 

16 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

Superb today. Lead the line perfectly. Only offside once I think. Playing with a bit more maturity.

Dan that was one of his best displays ever in a Rangers jersey, his little flicks where something else, his goal was an absolute peach and he almost had another,  he was unselfish as this can be one of his main faults and played for the team.

On that sort of form and at his age he is starting to show his true poteteional under a real manager.  

Best player on the park yesterday. Can be frustrating when he misses chances that your granny would have put away. But remains arguably the best million euros we have ever spent.

Young and improving. Just been capped by Columbia. May he lead the line for years to come.

6 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

We look a lot better playing with either Morelos or Lafferty through the middle and two wingers supporting. Not sure playing Lafferty off the left works.

I think we will see variations of solo striker and 2 up depending on opposition but for me Lafferty on the wing should be a last resort 

I thought he was outstanding yesterday, his play was full of quality 1 goal and he played his part in 2 others but overall he looked assured on the ball whether he was running at players or picking out a pass, it was a performance of maturity,  long may it continue as we will be major benefactors with similar performances. 

Morelos's best game in a Rangers jersey by a mile . My main concern though is the effect Europe will have on us pushing the tims for no way would Morelos perform like that on the back of playing v Villareal. He looked fitter and fresher than ever and also no tantrums , on that form he's not going to be here much longer but big money in the bank.

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

I thought he was outstanding yesterday, his play was full of quality 1 goal and he played his part in 2 others but overall he looked assured on the ball whether he was running at players or picking out a pass, it was a performance of maturity,  long may it continue as we will be major benefactors with similar performances. 

Think he played a key part four of the five goals scored. 

How anyone can come at him for the chance at the end is beyond me :lol:

He is shite. LOL 

Don't think he was motm to be honest. Still went into huffs when losing the ball and not going to try and win it back. Did it a few times yesterday.

He did some good things but let's not forget the losing of the ball, not passing when he could have, missing another sitter.

Even cheeky side heel kicks. Lost control of the ball when no one was near him. 

We were only playing St Johnstone. Once again, once he starts scoring against the "bigger" teams , not getting bothered by opposition baiting him,

and stop going in huffs when losing the ball, then he will get praise for me. At the moment, he still worries me with his temperament. 

He is ok when things are going well, but not ok when things are not going so well.

8 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Some people are too stubborn to admit they got it wrong with Morelos. Love to criticise him for some reason, bizarre behaviour.

Probably same fans who revered Garner for slide tackling a tree. Clueless

It’s embarrassing that chance is even discussed after the performance he put in. 

I think it's silly to lump any kind of criticism aimed at Morelos into the "people just love to criticise him" category. 

I thought he was excellent last game, however he has been rightly criticised on other occasions. 

Personally I still just see him as a very good talent, he's not the finished article, and I find it a bit cringe-worthy when people go mental over him. 

He is young, he is inconsistent and he needs to grow a bit before people start thinking of him as something super special.

People also have to remember who we were playing against as well. I'm excited to see what he can do in our Euro group.

22 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I think it's silly to lump any kind of criticism aimed at Morelos into the "people just love to criticise him" category. 

I thought he was excellent last game, however he has been rightly criticised on other occasions. 

Personally I still just see him as a very good talent, he's not the finished article, and I find it a bit cringe-worthy when people go mental over him. 

He is young, he is inconsistent and he needs to grow a bit before people start thinking of him as something super special.

People also have to remember who we were playing against as well. I'm excited to see what he can do in our Euro 

Been a big fan of Morelos since day one and yesterday he was outstanding, what I thought made the difference was that instead of him being isolated having to battle with two or three defenders players in the team were getting closer to him and giving him options when he had the ball and by fuck did he use those options to great effect - superb performance 

1 hour ago, mchammer said:

He is shite. LOL 

Don't think he was motm to be honest. Still went into huffs when losing the ball and not going to try and win it back. Did it a few times yesterday.

He did some good things but let's not forget the losing of the ball, not passing when he could have, missing another sitter.

We were only playing St Johnstone. Once again, once he starts scoring against the "bigger" teams , not getting bothered by opposition baiting him,

and stop going in huffs when losing the ball, then he will get praise for me. At the moment, he still worries me with his temperament. 

He is ok when things are going well, but not ok when things are not going so well.

If you can’t see how well he played yesterday your obviously not watching the game or don’t understand football. 

I have been critical of him when I felt he was not up to scratch .... as I would be about any player in the same situation ... I never really took to him but yesterday he played the best I have seen him play (as said by many in this thread) since he arrived ... it is definitely the touch of SG that has brought this to the fore .... if Alfredo keeps this up then he will deserve the credit where it is due.

Yes it was only St. Johnstone .... but these are the games we fell short on last season and I feel it cost us a higher position in the table .... even the league .... to see us demolish them is proof we are on the right track now.

Hat off to Morelos if he has turned the corner as some of his play was excellent.

It's probably the best (95% of the game) the team (including subs) has played all season .... a fair bit to go, but the way we broke them down was something we have all been crying out for and yesterday was a master class in the art of scoring ... every one a diamond.

:UK:

He is shite. LOL 

Don't remember seeing you post on here before, wish I hadn't seen this post and certainly won't be reading any of your posts in the future because it seems like you're a moron. 

3 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Don't remember seeing you post on here before, wish I hadn't seen this post and certainly won't be reading any of your posts in the future because it seems like you're a moron. 

It was tongue in cheek. Hence the, LOL. 

Lighten up.

Just added a few points to his good and bad points. Not the perfect player yet. 

8 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not a chance he goes in Jan if we are challenging for the title. 

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

And Europe

It would have to be a lot of money, but if there were a mega bid I wouldn’t be surprised. Not that I want him to go,  but every player has a price.

If offered up to £10m I doubt the board would sell. Offered double that and I doubt they’d say no. All depends on what offers come in. Given Alf has made noises about the EPL it may be taken out of our hands.

He is shite. LOL 

What a pile of pish 

Most encouraging thing yesterday was the cutback when Kent hit the bar.  Last season there is no way he would have done that in that position.

Looks like he is listening to the coaches and developing as a player.

Can't really understand some of the criticism

On 23/09/2018 at 14:31, BlueThunder said:

I don’t know if it was a reaction to missing out on the Villareal match but whatever it was it did the trick.

On the negative side, if he continues playing like that he will definitely be gone in January (for a huge bag of money).

Don't think he will, I believe his ambition is the EPL so more likely to happen in the summer as SG will not want him gone in the Jan window and may also have the contacts in England to help facilitate his move in the summer for as you stat loadsofmoney

On 23/09/2018 at 19:56, Blue Avenger said:

Likwise. Not for the goal that he took well, but for the deft touches and his awareness, plying others in. Showed more confidence in himself today and played like it.

Ran himself to a standstill. 

I thought you said he was shite cause of all the running about and chasing lost causes, holding off defenders, instead of scoring goals, so in the last year you went from Tav to halliday to Alfredo, who is next?