The next two weeks

scottyc06

What a week it’s been for Rangers! Scored 11, conceded 3 & competing on all fronts! The next 2 weeks could set us up nicely though:

Rangers vs Ayr 

Livingston vs Rangers 

Rangers vs Rapid Vienna 

Rangers vs Hearts 

Before the next international break in two weeks time we could find ourselves booked into a semi final at Hampden, be sitting top of our Europa League group & have clawed back a 7 point deficit on Hearts to be sitting just 2 points behind them! (Or better, should they slip up next weekend)

49 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Rotating is going to be key.

Have to make big changes for Ayr and would also rest some key players at Livi as well as Rapid and Hearts are two massive games, okay every game is massive for us but you know what I mean.

Yep, we need to use squad wisely.

I would more inclined to make sure we beat Livi even at the expense of the Europa. I think we should be putting everything into the League, especially whilst the scum are toiling.

49 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Rotating is going to be key.

Have to make big changes for Ayr and would also rest some key players at Livi as well as Rapid and Hearts are two massive games, okay every game is massive for us but you know what I mean.

Wouldn't like to see us making wholesale changes though, need to keep a similar core going with bits and pieces of rotation like when Worrall played the other night 

3 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Wouldn't like to see us making wholesale changes though, need to keep a similar core going with bits and pieces of rotation like when Worrall played the other night 

We should rest as many as we can V Ayr  but keep a strong bench.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Very fair point mate, think Gerrard will play close to the best 11 at Livi. 

I always maintain that the league is the priority, however on this occasion I'm more inclined to rest players at Livi due to the pitch factor and because I believe we could get away with resting some players and still win. Extra revenue from winning EL games and possibly advancing out of the group could be massive to bring in some quality in January. 

With the point in Spain and home matches in next two, we could be sitting with 7 points and looking good to advance, could be massive for us especially as Rapid look like our rivals for second now. Playing the first 11 in all three games in a week could cost us against Hearts. 

But that’s the thing, we don’t have only one best 11 - we have a good 18-20 players all playing their part depending on the tactics, availability of key players and the opposition. Also think it’s too much of a jump to say that Rapid are our rivals for second at the moment. All th teams in our group are a capable of taking points off each other. 

We have to be strong and get as much points as possible when they're suffering from poor form. Worse thing would be for them to get back into the swing of things, if we can heap pressure on to them I think they'll crack. Now is the time for us to take a big step toward winning this league - I hope to fuck we can do it.

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

Two wins in the league must the priority ?

Not sure abut that. 

It's vital we increase our European profile as success there brings in the vital finance ftom European competition and increases our commercial profile. 

Also it's important to break cellic' s stranglehold on success and the quickest an easiest is to progress and win the league cup. the bookies currently agree this is the trophy we have best chance of winning, we have an easier game than the tims to the semis.

League appears to have become a possibility for many  in the last few weeks, but guaranteed if the tims still feel threatened come Xmas transfer window they'll spend a whack of the Dembele cash on two class players, especially an experienced striker which could take them that wee bit further ahead again. 

Also think it's important not to sit back in any games now, but to keep the momentum going in every game.