******The Official Rangers vs Ayr United thread******

GOAT

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Wondering if the gaffer is going to make more changes than usual given the competition and the opposition.

Its a good opportunity to do so but he may not want to run the risk of upsetting the rhythm by making too many changes.

1479821336_RangersvsAyr.thumb.png.b8366d003eaa2b1cd47875fdfc8ebbe3.png

Grezda amd Middleton I'm sure will start.

If Sadiq doesn't start tonight we'd be as well sending him back to Roma as if he can't get in the gaffer's starting line up against Ayr at home he won't feature at all this season.

Rossiter might not be in from the start but I reckon Dorrans will.

Wallace might just be getting game time for the reserves as a gesture rather than with intent to get him into the first team.

Should be an intriguing match though.

Grezda & rossiter not in squad tonight 

1 minute ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Grezda & rossiter not in squad tonight 

Heard about Grezda just a few minutes ago. Thought he would e a certainty to start :huh:

Rossiter I guess makes sense.

Candeias surely to get a rest so perhaps Kent on the right and Middleton left or will we see Atakayi get a shot? 6 youth players involved including Palmer, Thomson and Kelly.

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Heard about Grezda just a few minutes ago. Thought he would e a certainty to start :huh:

Rossiter I guess makes sense.

Candeias surely to get a rest so perhaps Kent on the right and Middleton left or will we see Atakayi get a shot? 6 youth players involved including Palmer, Thomson and Kelly.

I was hoping to see grezda tonight myself I thought tonight would've been ideal for him to get some minutes.

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Should be keeping an eye on the ones who can't spell our players names correctly..

Nah nobody ever does that.  It's a sackable offence from here. I might have been guilty of predictive text issues previously but never spelling mistakes where Raingers players are concerned.

Hope Morelos and not Sadiq starts. The latter to be brought on if & when we are comfortable.

Flanagan, Worrall, Dorrans and Middleton to get a chance.

Fod; Tav, Goldson, Worrall, Flanagan; Mccrorie, Dorrans, Ejaria; Kent, Morelos, Middleton.

Sadiq & Grezda off the bench. 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

Pretty sure gaffer has already said Morelos is starting so not sure why we keep saying Sadiq.

Aye, Gerrard said Morelos had his rest last Thursday and will be starting. I'm assuming Sadiq is in the squad as our only other first team striker with Lafferty cup tied, and because Umar only played the first half against Motherwell reserves, but I don't see him being brought on if it's a tight game. 

Archived