Gerrard has Brendan rattled...

Virtuoso

6 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Longer Lawell stays the more chance 10IRA won’t happen imho.

He’s more or less gifted us the chance to stop them. Failed to back Lennon, left them with that tit Delia who failed to get them into the CL twice and refused to back Rodgers and you can see how bad they are now.

Lawell must stay.

They refused to give him any more money, after spunking  a fortune on half a dozen duds. He did the same at Liverpool.

15 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Cannae beat a good conspiracy theory - SG will have him rattled when we start beating them - until then it’s promising, ( and fun and enjoyable) but we ain’t there yet where they are really rattled. (But now they know we are there) 

He appears more 'rattled' if that's the correct word over the goings-on at his own midden than anything related to Rangers, he seems to have a bunch of unhappy campers. 

Our time to rattle him will come soon enough, let's ensure we are up for the task. 

1 hour ago, ronniescu said:

They refused to give him any more money, after spunking  a fortune on half a dozen duds. He did the same at Liverpool.

Aye. It's similar to Advocaat in the summer of 2001 - he's been told he's had enough backing and it's up to him to make it work. That many of his regular starters were at the club before him, despite him having five transfer windows, speaks volumes about his recruitment. celtic fans blame their chief scout, but it was the same at Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, Aubie92 said:

Aye. It's similar to Advocaat in the summer of 2001 - he's been told he's had enough backing and it's up to him to make it work. That many of his regular starters were at the club before him, despite him having five transfer windows, speaks volumes about his recruitment. celtic fans blame their chief scout, but it was the same at Liverpool. 

Good comparison ?

I had a look at his signings for Liverpool and while he signed 2 or 3 class players there were a lot more duds. Sounds very familiar

A few posted that when the taigs sqaud started to fill with his signings they would struggle. Starting to see it. 

7 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

He appears more 'rattled' if that's the correct word over the goings-on at his own midden than anything related to Rangers, he seems to have a bunch of unhappy campers. 

Our time to rattle him will come soon enough, let's ensure we are up for the task. 

Yep - he is pissed he list dembele and missed his signing targets - he knows there is a challenge - wanted to strengthen but wasn’t allowed to - let’s hope is now bites them in the ass !!! But SG needs to start winning OF games - then they will all be rattled

I'm not counting any chickens yet but if we beat them at Ibrox I think it could be a huge step forward. They, and Rogers, would be really rattled and what appears to be a not too happy ship could really implode.  We will have to play a lot better than we did at the midden of course.

9 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Good post, I  think a lot are seeing what they want to regarding this. There's more to this than meets the eye.

Perfect scenario is we go into the next break a couple of points ahead and at least joint top with Hearts. 

Couple of points means they can’t really sack him, not that they’ll afford to anyway. 

6-9 point gap by Christmas and hopefully they throw all these cash reserves at him in January only for him to get the bullet in March. 

7 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Good post, I  think a lot are seeing what they want to regarding this. There's more to this than meets the eye.

Yep completely agree with this.

All of a sudden they have challenges on multiple fronts but there is little point dwelling on it. The dhims still have enough in their locker to be a force regardless of cracks appearing. Our goal must be to set a standard considerably higher & beat them consistently. 

1 minute ago, Drum said:

Yep completely agree with this.

All of a sudden they have challenges on multiple fronts but there is little point dwelling on it. The dhims still have enough in their locker to be a force regardless of cracks appearing. Our goal must be to set a standard considerably higher & beat them consistently. 

That’s how we became such a success, if it’s not broke don’t fix it.

14 minutes ago, quabba said:

They really do look pish at the moment but not much to do with us. They are struggling to score goals. Long may it continue. It won't be us that really hurts them this year I think, but the smaller teams

So long as we keep up the recent consistent form and keep beating the other teams, then that will be enough to win the league. 

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

So long as we keep up the recent consistent form and keep beating the other teams, then that will be enough to win the league. 

should do mate, other teams are already proving this season that they can better them. We win our games including against them, and the smaller teams will take a good deal from them. 

3 hours ago, Grundy said:

I'm not counting any chickens yet but if we beat them at Ibrox I think it could be a huge step forward. They, and Rogers, would be really rattled and what appears to be a not too happy ship could really implode.  We will have to play a lot better than we did at the midden of course.

Septic have not done many "laps of honour" recently. Long may that continue.

17 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Perfect scenario is we go into the next break a couple of points ahead and at least joint top with Hearts. 

Couple of points means they can’t really sack him, not that they’ll afford to anyway. 

6-9 point gap by Christmas and hopefully they throw all these cash reserves at him in January only for him to get the bullet in March. 

I don't think they'll sack him regardless of what happens this season. Both parties were hoping/expecting a big club to come in for Rodgers in the summer, resulting in compensation, and it hasn't happened. Now that Rodgers is either working his ticket or is actually so delusional he thinks he can win a public fight with his board, the chances of that ideal scenario for the tims is pretty much dead. 

I think Rodgers would be reluctant to resign and walk away from the severance he'd be due if sacked, especially if he's not got another job lined up. But if we win the league this year under Steven Gerrard? He'll walk. He's not it in him to stick around and try to wrestle the title back in those circumstances; crumbles under pressure, and always will.