Gerrard has Brendan rattled...

Virtuoso

6 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

I don't think they'll sack him regardless of what happens this season. Both parties were hoping/expecting a big club to come in for Rodgers in the summer, resulting in compensation, and it hasn't happened. Now that Rodgers is either working his ticket or is actually so delusional he thinks he can win a public fight with his board, the chances of that ideal scenario for the tims is pretty much dead. 

I think Rodgers would be reluctant to resign and walk away from the severance he'd be due if sacked, especially if he's not got another job lined up. But if we win the league this year under Steven Gerrard? He'll walk. He's not it in him to stick around and try to wrestle the title back in those circumstances; crumbles under pressure, and always will. 

You have nailed it. He wants out but needs to save face and the board want rid of without a pay out. The perfect marriage of inconvenience.

7 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

I don't think they'll sack him regardless of what happens this season. Both parties were hoping/expecting a big club to come in for Rodgers in the summer, resulting in compensation, and it hasn't happened. Now that Rodgers is either working his ticket or is actually so delusional he thinks he can win a public fight with his board, the chances of that ideal scenario for the tims is pretty much dead. 

I think Rodgers would be reluctant to resign and walk away from the severance he'd be due if sacked, especially if he's not got another job lined up. But if we win the league this year under Steven Gerrard? He'll walk. He's not it in him to stick around and try to wrestle the title back in those circumstances; crumbles under pressure, and always will. 

23 minutes ago, Utility Man said:

You have nailed it. He wants out but needs to save face and the board want rid of without a pay out. The perfect marriage of inconvenience.

Do you guys have inside knowledge of this - or is based on the history of br?

34 minutes ago, Utility Man said:

I definitely thought his recent public criticism of their board, was him organising an exit strategy for himself. He's bricking it & losing the plot.

40 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

I'm basing him wanting out on him being linked to the Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham jobs this summer, even though he wasn't on the shortlist for any of them (or at least wasn't going by the leaked list of candidates in the press). Managers are no different to players in that respect; agents shop them about for better moves. 

From celtic's point of view, he's on a big money contract with years left and run, so if another club had approached they'd have been due a hefty compensation fee - for a manager they clearly think has been backed enough in the transfer market, with a pretty poor record in it too. 

I know a player who shares the same agent as John McGinn. The celtic transfer fiasco of that “no brainer” lies squarely with Peter Lawwell. His complete arrogance led to McGinn signing for AV and Lawwell phoning McGinn’s grandfather ( ex-celtic employee) that McGinn would never be offered the chance to join celtic ever again, despite the mess being Lawwell’s. 

The rift between BR and Lawwell/board started then and both want rid of each other.

2 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

1 minute ago, Utility Man said:

I know a player who shares the same agent as John McGinn. The celtic transfer fiasco of that “no brainer” lies squarely with Peter Lawwell. His complete arrogance led to McGinn signing for AV and Lawwell phoning McGinn’s grandfather ( ex-celtic employee) that McGinn would never be offered the chance to join celtic ever again, despite the mess being Lawwell’s. 

The rift between BR and Lawwell/board started then and both want rid of each other.

That's certainly one way of describing him, aye....

23 minutes ago, Utility Man said:

Yeah it was after this fiasco that Rodgers took his first hits at the taigs board.

I honestly see him gone in the next few months. If the title looks to be lost rodgers will jump. He won't want to be known as the man that blew 10.