Europa League public sale?

50ShadesofBlue

Just now, chris182 said:

It is steep. As long as the money is going to greater good then I guess I’ll swallow it

It's not the money, it's the principle and the fact we're being blatantly ripped off. Tarriers are being charged 84 for their general sale package. I hope the money does go to the greater good, but I'm sceptical tbh.

16 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Considering how much money fans pump into the club I think people have the right to challenge prices if they feel they want to.

Of course there will always be people willing to pay it, but you don't know one fans financial situation compared to the next.

If someone has already forked out for two/three season tickets for them and their family, showing commitment week in week out, they might feel aggrieved if they're not able to afford the European packages for them and their kids. 

I understand your point but think you need to show a tad more compassion towards fellow Rangers fans is needed here mate. 

And within a week of people being asked to shell out hundreds for replica tops, with no notice.

There's just a feeling of complacency and disregard emanating from the club at the moment when it comes to how they are treating the fans. The debacle over the few days notice for ST holders to pay for their Europa League tickets is a prime example.

People will continue to cough up blindly while we're in this feelgood phase, but they're not going to do that forever.

22 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Considering how much money fans pump into the club I think people have the right to challenge prices if they feel they want to.

Of course there will always be people willing to pay it, but you don't know one fans financial situation compared to the next.

If someone has already forked out for two/three season tickets for them and their family, showing commitment week in week out, they might feel aggrieved if they're not able to afford the European packages for them and their kids. 

I understand your point but think you need to show a tad more compassion towards fellow Rangers fans is needed here mate. 

I think the club should be maximising revenue from this I we think it’ll be a sell out at this price then that’s all that matters,  we’ve been running at a loss the last few seasons so we need to maximise any revenue streams we can, I’m not bothered about the price if it results in a better product on the park 

22 minutes ago, FSM said:

It's not the money, it's the principle and the fact we're being blatantly ripped off. Tarriers are being charged 84 for their general sale package. I hope the money does go to the greater good, but I'm sceptical tbh.

Put simply,we can charge that because of the massive demand. If they were to charge the same they would have an empty stadium,they need to lower the price to sell tickets.

If say charging £60 for a football top is more of a rip off than paying £40 to see us back playing in Europe.

26 minutes ago, FSM said:

Totally agree. Where's the line? £130? £150?

There has to come a point where the head rules the heart and we say 'hold on a minute'. We all love Rangers but that doesn't mean we should be taken as cash cows.

7 minutes ago, Sket said:

Put simply,we can charge that because of the massive demand. If they were to charge the same they would have an empty stadium,they need to lower the price to sell tickets.

If say charging £60 for a football top is more of a rip off than paying £40 to see us back playing in Europe.

Sorry mate, but we shouldn't be ripped off for tickets just because they know we'll pay it because we're excited about being back in Europe. That's just profiteering and we don't deserve that after all we've been through with the club.

Also, the demand clearly isn't as high as you think or they wouldn't still have loads of tickets to shift in the public sale.

1 minute ago, FSM said:

Sorry mate, but we shouldn't be ripped off for tickets just because they know we'll pay it because we're excited about being back in Europe. That's just profiteering.

Also, the demand clearly isn't as high as you think or they wouldn't still have loads of tickets to shift in the public sale.

I don't think it's being ripped off at all. The demand is there and will be proven with 3 full houses at home. 

We can't complain about the tarriers being miles ahead of us financially then complain when the club try to maximise profits. Granted in some aspects I do feel like the board come the cunt but imo this is the one area they should be looking to get as much as they can. People will always complain. At the end of the day they will sell out and that's really all that matters at this stage.

18 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Totally agree. Where's the line? £130? £150?

There has to come a point where the head rules the heart and we say 'hold on a minute'. We all love Rangers but that doesn't mean we should be taken as cash cows.

We are the lifeblood of the club.

If you feel that aggrieved by it then don't pay it. Someone else will.

20 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I think the club should be maximising revenue from this I we think it’ll be a sell out at this price then that’s all that matters,  we’ve been running at a loss the last few seasons so we need to maximise any revenue streams we can, I’m not bothered about the price if it results in a better product on the park 

I think you've missed my point. 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

I think you've missed my point. 

Not really 35 quid a ticket is hardly extortionate? compare that to EPL prices etc some just like an excuse to moan, have a go at ticket prices while thinking nothing of getting a gram and having an all day sesh in the boozer.

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Not really 35 quid a ticket is hardly extortionate? compare that to EPL prices etc some just like an excuse to moan, have a go at ticket prices while thinking nothing of getting a gram and having an all day sesh in the boozer.

Still missing it. I don't think calling Rangers fans 'cunts' because they're challenging ticket prices is fair because you no nothing about the financial situation of each fan and now you're making assumptions that those moaning are on the prop and booze?! :lol:

Strange direction of travel this conversation.