***The Official Rangers v Rapid Vienna Match Thread***

Davy Vandenbroucke

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

That was great fun to watch, we are giving as good as we get in the Europa Group Stages.   Would never have imagined this three months ago.

Exactly mate. This is all a bonus, remember, we never expected these games and we’re giving s good account of ourselves on the big stage. And that’s with rotation to focus on the league. Good times.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I honestly think we have been really fucking good!

I dont know if people think this mob are shite or if it is just uber-fan stuff where unless we are plowing through Europe winning 6-0 then we are not doing enough. 

Seriously? I think we have been way too timid. Not expecting 6-0 but expect more than one shot on target.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I dont know if people think this mob are shite or if it is just uber-fan stuff where unless we are plowing through Europe winning 6-0 then we are not doing enough. 

I know what you mean, Rapid Wien are a good team and if we get a win it'll be a good result, but never mind the Taigs got fucked 3-1???

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

:lol:  Exactly.   We have certainly been pretty far from pish, which is the impression some seem to have.

Yeah, we aint beating them like we did Dundee, but this isn't Dundee :lol:

15 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I agree.... people have short memories.  We look easily the better team and playing some good stuff!

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Thought it was just me ?

11 minutes ago, gsa said:

As much as I hate to say it mccoist was correct when he said we aren't brave enough on the ball. Candeias and Arfield in particular. Arfield is a desperately average player actually. 

Yip say the same pretty much every time I watch Arfield play. Completely one paced and very technically limited, think he'll find himself on the bench soon enough. 

As far as the game goes, we needed that equaliser, think we would have struggled in the second half if we'd stayed a goal down for any length of time. 

If we change things in the middle of the park I think we'll go on to score a couple more goals, more so with the injection of Middletons pace out wide. As it stands though we're sorely lacking a spark of creativity middle to front. 

Not a bad performance so far, hopefully kick on and win this, far from out our depth against this mob on the evidence of the first half.

Hope Worrall finishes as he’s started and can build some confidence to become a viable option at the back. 

Just now, Ibroxric72 said:

Seriously? I think we have been way too timid. Not expecting 6-0 but expect more than one shot on target.

Yes, seriously.

We have dominated the first half. We have created numerous dangerous chances, although the crosses haven't reached a striker to give them a shot.

We have been neat and tidy and our work rate has been superb.

Our defense has been pretty solid with only a couple of half chances for them.

Rolled in from work and tuned in just as they bastards scored. Was still moaning when we equalised - glad it didn't take but a breathing. Hope we can raise it for the second 45; sounds like I didn't miss much 'till then from judging by the comments so far.

Archived