Candeias

RangersMedia

I have to say he’s fairly limited but fuck me do I like the boy. Never seen him give anything less than 100%, plays with the kind of passion as if he’s a homegrown boy that came through the academy. Rarely dazzles but offers so much to the team and defensively we are so much better off when he’s in the team IMO. For example, we don’t score the third goal without his contribution. 

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Class

and to think there are STILL some among us who think he’s shite 

partnership with Tav is almost telepathic. Runs himself into the ground. Crossing can be inconsistent but never hides and the effort and desire to win that ball at the end when everyone was gassed was just absolutely outstanding. 

His crossing can be so frustrating but some of his flicks and skills are unreal. He uses them at the right moments. He's predominantly a hard working, solid player with what seems like a tireless energy but there's some flair in there too.

No chance that was he great tonight he rarely took on his man and his crossing was awful but one thing you can always say about him is that he will always graft and give 100% no matter what, He’s also very good at defensively aswell. He isn’t technically bad either he’s probably just slowing down due to age.

16 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Nothing flash or fancy just a solid, hard working player who does his job well.

Just hope Gerrard doesn't play him inside like he did on Sunday. 

Nothing flash or fancy? You ever seen Messi get an assist with a backheel from the half-way line? ? 

15 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Integral to our pressing game, but tbh he’s not needed in games like Livi where the opposition are going to sit in. 

I do agree with this tbf 

prefer a bit of skill and guile against the shite who are just going to sit in and hopefully Grezda is that player but in the “big” games his work rate is essential to our system IMO 

I'm not sure this thread gets made if it wasn't for the back heel. Great piece of play but it's not as if that's usual from him.

I like him, works his arse off and Tav seems to have a much better game with Candeias in front of him. Their partnership is very good.

But I can't think of another winger who doesn't score goals or look like scoring, doesn't beat players and only puts in one good cross in twenty. 

And when he's played inside he is fucking shocking.

All of our players have at least one massive flaw though and I suppose if they didn't they wouldn't be with us.