The Atmosphere

scottyc06

7 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

I missed the first 5-10 minutes so when I arrived it was dead. Rapid fans outsang Rangers up until the 2nd goal. After that it was bouncing. 

I caught the second half after work, from what I saw on the TV - Rapid fans were brilliant.

4 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

Should do that flag display every week...atmosphere reminded me of past european games..It's good to be back. Been a long long 7 years

Flag displays are so, so much better than the stupid card displays. 

More please.

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

No doubt people will have a go at me here but I genuinely thought it was poor during the game until we scored the second, then it was fucking unreal. Place was bouncing for the last 8 minutes or so. 

I was as far away from the Rapid section as possible but their 2000 fans singing drowned us out until the second goal. They took their beating well and really added to the occasion of a great night back in  the later stages if European competition at long last.  Couldn't have asked for better opposition fans, loud and supportive of the team but ultimately well beaten.

My last game at Ibrox before I emigrated was a Euro night, cant remember who we were playing but we won.

Been gone 14 years plus now.

The atmosphere that night will live with me forever, you just cannot beat a winning night in Europe with 50,000 bears giving it the bouncy at Ibrox.

Great memories, long past.

1 hour ago, weeneily said:

I was as far away from the Rapid section as possible but their 2000 fans singing drowned us out until the second goal. They took their beating well and really added to the occasion of a great night back in  the later stages if European competition at long last.  Couldn't have asked for better opposition fans, loud and supportive of the team but ultimately well beaten.

That’s a pity then cos I was right next to the rapid fans and they were loud but I lost my voice and along with everybody round about  me and the sections next to the rapid fans, we were singing non stop mainly just to try and drown the bastards and their drums out, but by your comments it dosent sound as if we were loud enough to have the desired effect from your seat, I thought the atmosphere next to the away section was brilliant all night, the rapid fans were good but they forced us to raise our voices imo

• 3 weeks later...

I really love Build My Gallows. It's quite a beautiful little song, actually. 

So I really wish people would cut out the wee between lines add on... Build them high... (So fuckin high!). Cheapens it no end. Sounds like some common wee English football chant in the section where that's added in. 

Cut it out, cuntos.

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I really love Build My Gallows. It's quite a beautiful little song, actually. 

So I really wish people would cut out the wee between lines add on... Build them high... (So fuckin high!). Cheapens it no end. Sounds like some common wee English football chant in the section where that's added in. 

Cut it out, cuntos.

You looking it sang all professional mate, with the crowd doing harmonies and all?

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

You looking it sang all professional mate, with the crowd doing harmonies and all?

Looking for it sung the way we sing songs, not like fucking Burnley or some other two bit English mob would would sing it.

Maybe that's the way they do things in Ulster, but over here you'll dae wit yet telt, Billy.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Looking for it sung the way we sing songs, not like fucking Burnley or some other two bit English mob would would sing it.

Maybe that's the way they do things in Ulster, but over here you'll dae wit yet telt, Billy.

What about when we sing "fuck Bobby sands, he's deid"  and during simply the best sing "fuck the pope and the IRA"? Pretty sure there's more I'm not thinking of right now