SFA to boycott Gazzas hall of fame dinner

.Williamson.

Just now, KingKirk said:

Good article mate? Did they edit much out it before it was published 

Cheers. Only thing that was changed was the wording of the last sentence about Malky Mackay. Originally said:

"Then again, these are the same people who thought outed racist and misogynist Malky Mackay is the right person to guide the direction of player development in this country so I'll not hold my breath."

to

"Then again, these are the same people who thought Malky Mackay is the right person to guide the direction of player development in this country despite using racist and misogynistic language so I'll not hold my breath."

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Smile said:

It's not hard to work out if you were paid for this story it goes against all the Gazza nonsense over the years you have posted on here.  

Good to see they have replaced the other token Rangers supporter.

I'm paid for every article I write - that being my job and all - so I don't follow your logic here whatsoever. Makes even less sense when you consider that you're claiming that I've been paid to write an article that goes against my own personal opinion in defence of Gascoigne's induction despite the Record apparently being full to the gunwales of anti-Rangers journos and taking any opportunity to stick the boot into us.

9 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I can't remember that about JB. Was that not against the Sheep in 90/91 (?) when we won 3IAR? Again, last day of the season at home. Sure we ended up with 9 men at the end as Bomber got injured but played on. Tom Cowan (leg break) and Chris Vinnicome got injured too? Or am I making things up? 

You’re likely correct . I’m conflating different games (passage of time excuse) 

Either way, he was a superb player for us .

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

You’re likely correct . I’m conflating different games (passage of time excuse) 

Either way, he was a superb player for us .

If I'm wrong I'm using the same excuse mate!! Truth be told, we were spoiled as fuck for great memories back then! It's no wonder we 'forget'! :lol: 

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm paid for every article I write - that being my job and all - so I don't follow your logic here whatsoever. Makes even less sense when you consider that you're claiming that I've been paid to write an article that goes against my own personal opinion in defence of Gascoigne's induction despite the Record apparently being full to the gunwales of anti-Rangers journos and taking any opportunity to stick the boot into us.

If you’re implying they don’t. You’re wrong.

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The Record maybe not full of anti Rangers journos, it is without doubt filled with journos who are  cowards. Cowards who know  that to write anything that would go against the grain would see their career go tits up. You cant deny that surely.

Another sly dig at Rangers from the SFA, no real surprise there then. It must be absolutely killing them inside if this is how low they have to stoop to get one over us.

After booting us down the leagues, we came back up, filling every single fucking ground along the way, creating headlines globally for doing so.

They tried to take our titles - they failed.

Here we are after a couple of bumps on the road back to where we rightfully belong, with Steven Gerrard at the helm, playing pretty damn good football, signing some excellent players, who are lighting up the league again & sitting atop of our Europa League table. The Rangers story just keeps going & it's getting stronger every day. The whole football world is watching too. 

Apparently the other team from Glasgow won a historic 'double treble' but it seems that nobody actually gives a fuck.

This latest attempt to humiliate us by withdrawing Paul Gascoigne's induction to the Scottish Hall of Fame smacks of desperation & has really shown them up for who & what they are.

I hope this doesn't affect Paul's mental health or set him back on his own road to recovery. Like all decent human beings, I wish him the very best of health.

15 hours ago, The Dude said:

Well done Dude.  I’m not going to lie, I find your take on matters often frustrating however you’ve nailed it here, said what needed said in particular what’s been missing from most (with a platform) speaking out.  Motive. 

2 minutes ago, SpidermansGaffer said:

I hope this doesn't affect Paul's mental health or set him back on his own road to recovery. Like all decent human beings, I wish him the very best of health.

One of the Heart and Hand podders has spoke to PG’s agent about how this has impacted Paul - not good at all would be an understatement based on what was shared.

6 minutes ago, markem said:

One of the Heart and Hand podders has spoke to PG’s agent about how this has impacted Paul - not good at all would be an understatement based on what was shared.

Terrible news.

Heads need to roll over this, but sadly nothing will be done.

I'd love to see some kind of tribute or demonstration of our support for Paul, at Ibrox or even Hampden.

Aberdeen semi at Hampden should be Gazza day. Wear a top from his time at ibrox. Maybe a coordinated effort to have people wear face masks.

The easiest support though is 8 minutes to all sing “one Paul Gascoigne”. Actually we should do that every game from now til the season end.

I also think the club can shame the SFA here with an end of season friendly against Lazio or Spurs with funds going to mental health charities.

8 minutes ago, Douglas Cameron said:

Aberdeen semi at Hampden should be Gazza day. Wear a top from his time at ibrox. Maybe a coordinated effort to have people wear face masks.

The easiest support though is 8 minutes to all sing “one Paul Gascoigne”. Actually we should do that every game from now til the season end.

I also think the club can shame the SFA here with an end of season friendly against Lazio or Spurs with funds going to mental health charities.

I think the club should refuse to play the game against Aberdeen and also any other cup competitions. What this guy did to promote not only Rangers but Scottish football as a whole was immense and for these insignificant bastards to treat Gazza in the way that they did needs a massive statement. What’s the point in winning a league that is being run to the ground by these corrupt inept arseholes, we either need to get them removed or find away to get out of this league and into England.

It’s been a long time, if ever, since I thought the SFA were fit for purpose, this petty vindictive act proves its time to break it up and rebuild from the bottom up. Gazza was easily one of the best to ply his trade in Scotland,yet the Anti Rangers scum snub him....

52 minutes ago, markem said:

That's the part that makes me angry. Gazza has worked very hard to get his life back on track. Something like this can set him back badly. 

But none of that was taking into consideration by the arseholes in the SFA. Using his mental health as a reason is disgusting. They should be named and shamed for it. 

Met Gazza and fished with him back in the day, genuinely lovely guy,been hurting me for years to see how his life has gone after retirement,football is everything to him,it's his life,his all.

The induction would mean the world to him,a young scally from Tyneside who overcame a pretty traumatic childhood (read his autobiography) through the game he loved,if these bastards who've made this decision had even an ounce  of what Paul has been through they'd probably crack,he's a legend to us all,no matter what some faceless beak says,all I can say is Paul,our door is always open, your one of our own

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

That's the part that makes me angry. Gazza has worked very hard to get his life back on track. Something like this can set him back badly. 

But none of that was taking into consideration by the arseholes in the SFA. Using his mental health as a reason is disgusting. They should be named and shamed for it. 

It’s disgusting mate. The very reason they shouldn’t have done what they did was used as justification for the action taken - complete lies as we know. 

I had hoped he was brushing it off. The podcast gave a pretty grim view tbh. Hopefully he’ll take a fuck them attitude, shower of pricks.  Still hiding notably. 

Archived