The "h*ns"

WATP-FOREVER

2 minutes ago, Bossorange said:

So going by your post, basically the Germans were called H*** then? Or am I way off?

Yes and growing  up in the 60s where everybody’s parents had been through the second WW it was a common insult. However it was especially apt for Fenians many of whom supported the Axis Powers.

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

‘If I had a Tommy gun I’d shoot every fenian H**....’

‘Go take our sons and tell the H*** that we are on our way....’

Two brilliant songs and let’s add it to a third and turn this around on the scum;

‘We’re up to our knees in fenian H***....’

This is a Win Win all day long 

Liking that a lot. 

Just now, plumbGER said:

That's ok then mate, I can forgive you for that as I am partial to the odd swear word aswell ya fucking cunt.

Had words with a neighbour and he told me to stop swearing, he got a barrage of Olympic Standard profanity for about 10 minutes 

BTW it’s not cunt it’s old cunt, I demand respect for my rapidly advancing years.

22 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Used to love singing go home ya H*** go home when they were streaming out due to us giving them a doing, they hated it, fuck knows how they turned it round. We as fans must have let them. It's only in the last ten years I can remember them calling us the H***.

When I started Uni in 90 in Edinburgh (after being out of the country for years) I met one who told his brother “he’s a H** but he is alright”, so it was being used back then. I’m not sure if I had heard it mentioned before then. To be honest I thought it was just a play on ‘Gers’ (Germans) - don’t laugh! ? 

I can totally understand why Ryan Jack’s missus used the term. It has pretty much  blanket usage in Scotland now. She obviously thought it was a casual nickname, a bit like i did when I came back to the UK. I wasn’t seeing a Rangers player though, in my defence! Ryan has obviously had a word with her.

There was that weather girl who referred to a match at ‘Castle Greyskull’. I’m assuming that was one of those cases where someone has heard a phrase used often, and used it innocently enough without realising the origins and meaning. That one is another topic though...

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

Had words with a neighbour and he told me to stop swearing, he got a barrage of Olympic Standard profanity for about 10 minutes 

BTW it’s not cunt it’s old cunt, I demand respect for my rapidly advancing years.

You should have battered his cunt in as well.

Not exactly a spring chicken myself, what age are you?:lol:

49 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

They plagiarised the cover ups from their RC church 

They are the rc church here, created to stop their poor from converting to Protestant when the Church of Scotland started feeding and aiding their punters, charity begins at rome as they say.

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

61 though this happened when I was only 59.? Cunts my age and I offered him a Square gobut he shat it

61? You are an old bastard right enough:lol:

Ma mam ran about up the Bar-D when she was younger, she is a year younger than you.

14 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

so explain where the KAH originated from 

Irish Republicans decided to call the PUL community H***, I’d guess late 90s ish. I’ve heard Fenians refer to H** schools and call ex celtic pllayer Davie Provan a H**, so it is unequivocally anti Protestant not solely anti Rangers. Like many things it spread from the Falls tothe Gallowgate.

34 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

So next time we play these fucking scum bastards let the whole of ibrox stand to a man and sing go home ya H*** go home ya H*** go home ya H*** go home. Like we used to sing many years ago. It will be so much fun watching the dumb fucks trying to figure out what is going on eh why are they calling us H*** surely to fuck they are the H*** doh fucking hate the illiterate pedo scum bastards.

That's exactly what our forefather did, and most probably would still do mate - pics from the Wolverhampton game that plumbGER mentioned - even then demonstrations against them terrorist cunts, no h*ns:

(European Cup Winners Cup 1961 semi-final - won at Ibrox & drew away)

ANTI BOMB DEMONSTRATORS.PNG

BEARS I.PNG

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Irish Republicans decided to call the PUL community H***, I’d guess late 90s ish. I’ve heard Fenians refer to H** schools and call ex celtic pllayer Davie Provan a H**, so it is unequivocally anti Protestant not solely anti Rangers. Like many things it spread from the Falls tothe Gallowgate.

It’s a mix of most things already written about on here and to me it’s not one single source or definition as there are plenty of different plausible reasons.

Regardless of origin I think the main thing we need to drive is for us to turn it back on them